PDA

View Full Version : Now we know why Bill Clinton idolized JFK...

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 05:46 PM
JFK seemed like such an honorable man, didn't he?Mimi Alford is speaking publicly for the first time about the secret she’s held for half a century. Alford claims that she had an 18-month-long affair with President John F. Kennedy when she was a White House intern. or how about“The president came over to me and asked me if I’d like to take a tour of the second floor of the White House and see some of the rooms that had been redecorated. The last room that we went into was the bedroom and we walked into the bedroom and it was a beautiful room…I learned later that it was Mrs. Kennedy’s bedroom,” Alford said.

Alford says that she lost her virginity to the president in the first lady’s bedroom. In her soon to be released memoir, Once Upon a Secret: My Affair with President John F. Kennedy and its Aftermath, Alford described her first sexual encounter with the president writing that, “I wouldn’t describe what happened that night as making love, but I wouldn’t call it nonconsensual either.”Alford was first publicly outed in 2003 when historian Robert Dallek wrote 37 words about an unnamed intern who had an affair with Kennedy in his biography of Kennedy called An Unfinished Life. The New York Daily News identified her and Alford issued a simple written statement confirming her secret relationship.http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/06/10323677-former-white-house-intern-mimi-alford-reveals-details-of-kennedy-affair

FantasticDan
02-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Um, hasn't it been common knowledge for umpteen years that Kennedy was a chronic lothario? :confused: :sleeping:

TJDave
02-06-2012, 05:58 PM
JFK seemed like such an honorable man, didn't he?

JFK was a heavyweight letch. All political insiders regardless of party knew it. So did the FBI.

Compared to JFK in the peccadillo department, Clinton was a lightweight.

bigmack
02-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Compared to JFK in the peccadillo department, Clinton was a lightweight.
Hosing down freight is a peccadillo?

As mentioned, married schmoes shouldn't enter into worlds they're locked out of morally and ethically. Leave the 'heavy lifting' to us professionals.

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Um, hasn't it been common knowledge for umpteen years that Kennedy was a chronic lothario? :confused: :sleeping:Tell that to Brian Williams and NBC. They seem to think it's news...

nijinski
02-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Power and money can equal higher testosterone levels in many males.They need to learn how to channel it. Those same elements seem to attract the ladies also.

Rookies
02-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Tell that to Brian Williams and NBC. They seem to think it's news...

It's sorta news. She was outed in 2003, I believe. Is she trying to get on the 'Palin book tour' to ca$h in now? Hey, take your best shot.

No Marilyn Monroe- she. Timing seems odd.

TJDave
02-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Hosing down freight is a peccadillo?

If you can call a R&R singer a Diva then...yeah. :rolleyes:

Look, I don't care what these schmucks do as long as they keep their hands out of my wallet, their nose out of my mores and keep the trains running.

Overlay
02-06-2012, 06:27 PM
What I find impressive is all that level of activity while having a bad back that required wearing a brace.

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
JFK was a heavyweight letch. All political insiders regardless of party knew it. So did the FBI.

Compared to JFK in the peccadillo department, Clinton was a lightweight.And yet guys like Herman Cain can't even RUN for President in this day and age while possessing a similar moral resume...

Read what this women wrote about Kennedy...she doesn't want to come out and say it for some reason, but if you read between the lines, it sounds like what happened would certainly flirt with the sexual harassment goal line these days, if not cross it entirely given the ultimate power position Kennedy enjoyed...

Guess I'll chalk it up to racism when it comes to Cain.

JustRalph
02-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Kennedy is treated as a Deity by a generation. He is treated the same by almost all Dems. The man was just like the rest of his family. Immoral, Tied to organized crime and sexually a user and abuser of women. Including a virgin 19 yr old aide.

Let's not forget he offered her 'services' to his brother Ted and others.

Don't forget he was also addicted to pain killers. The list goes on........

He was ahead of his time. :bang:

TJDave
02-06-2012, 07:16 PM
And yet guys like Herman Cain can't even RUN for President in this day and age while possessing a similar moral resume...

Guess I'll chalk it up to racism when it comes to Cain.

And you would be wrong. Had Kennedy been running today he would have suffered the same fate as Cain.

The only reason Clinton was better behaved than Kennedy was the (obviously) real chance of getting caught. ;)

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 07:43 PM
And you would be wrong. Had Kennedy been running today he would have suffered the same fate as Cain.Really? This coming from the same guy who earlier categorized Kennedy's excursions as mere peccadilloes?

As you say, this has been known about Kennedy forever, and yet it never seemed to tarnish his image much if at all.

Do you think if Clinton had been allowed to run for a third term, he wouldn't have secured the nomination?

According to my figs, Clinton enjoyed a 66% approval rating at the end of his presidency...

Want to try again?

Tom
02-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Don't forget he was also addicted to pain killers. The list goes on........

Ah, the RUSH syndrome.
Rush got off his pills, did Jack?

Seems JFK embodies everything the left finds wrong with the right.
He cheated on his wife, lied, was an addict, was liar and a coward......and Brother Bobby and a drunken Nikita pulled his arse out of the missile crisis. Certainly not HIS doing.

But dead people and the unions elected him, so I guess that makes it ok.

mostpost
02-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Ah, the RUSH syndrome.
Rush got off his pills, did Jack?

Seems JFK embodies everything the left finds wrong with the right.
He cheated on his wife, lied, was an addict, was liar and a coward......and Brother Bobby and a drunken Nikita pulled his arse out of the missile crisis. Certainly not HIS doing.

But dead people and the unions elected him, so I guess that makes it ok.

Enlighten me as to how JFK was a coward.

As to who elected him, if you are referring to the charge that Daley stole the election in Illinois I would simply point out that if you took Illinois' electoral votes away from Kennedy and gave them to Nixon, Kennedy would still have won the election.

Tom
02-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Enlighten me as to how JFK was a coward.

As to who elected him, if you are referring to the charge that Daley stole the election in Illinois I would simply point out that if you took Illinois' electoral votes away from Kennedy and gave them to Nixon, Kennedy would still have won the election.

Bay of Pigs.
He let those people die because he was a coward and did not follow through.
Before you flip your wig, so was Bush 41 in Iraq. Most of our recent presidents have been lacking in the courage department. Except Bush 43~! ;)

Don't forget, Daddy K bought the union vote for little Jack as well. Danged millionaires and billionaires, even back then they was ruining this great nation.

mostpost
02-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Bay of Pigs.
He let those people die because he was a coward and did not follow through.
Before you flip your wig, so was Bush 41 in Iraq. Most of our recent presidents have been lacking in the courage department. Except Bush 43~! ;)

Don't forget, Daddy K bought the union vote for little Jack as well. Danged millionaires and billionaires, even back then they was ruining this great nation.

Bay of Pigs was designed as an invasion by Cuban exiles. It was never intended that American troops be involved. In fact it was designed to offer deniability of any US involvement. If you are suggesting that Kennedy should have used the Air Force against Castro's forces, I would remind you that is the exact thing you were so critical of Obama for doing in Libya.

TJDave
02-06-2012, 10:48 PM
As you say, this has been known about Kennedy forever, and yet it never seemed to tarnish his image much if at all.

That's because of Nov. 22 1963.

I'm surprised he hasn't been canonized.

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 11:28 PM
That's because of Nov. 22 1963.

I'm surprised he hasn't been canonized.It's been 48+ years...I don't buy it...

TJDave
02-06-2012, 11:42 PM
It's been 48+ years...I don't buy it...

How old are you?

For millions of Americans it seems like yesterday. I was 12 and remember exactly where I was, what I was doing, how I felt.

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2012, 02:09 AM

Robert Goren
02-07-2012, 05:21 AM
I was in high school during the time JFK was president so my memory is probably flawed. But I don't remember a time when things were booming as much as they were in 1963. It was great time to be alive and be an American. It may not have lasted if JFK had't been shot, who knows. I think that's what most people remember about JFK, the good times and the era of hope for America that he projected. Reagan and Clinton had their moments of this feeling but not nearly to the extent that JFK did.
I am sure some people will tear into this post, but that the way I see why JFK is remembered so fondly.

Marshall Bennett
02-07-2012, 08:08 AM
He was a popular president. It's no wonder his personal life has been picked apart piece by piece. He stood toe to toe with Khrushchev and gained not only his respect, but the respect of the world. I don't know if he had lived how history would have treated him, what other challenges he may have faced, or if perhaps his personal life may have eventually brought him down.
I believe he was a good president and would have liked to see him do more, especially considering the two pieces of shit that followed.

BlueShoe
02-07-2012, 11:24 AM
The only reason Clinton was better behaved than Kennedy was the (obviously) real chance of getting caught. ;)
Better behaved? Hardly an appropriate term when speaking of the amorous activities of Slick Willie.

JustRalph
02-12-2012, 11:03 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/290720/handsome-lie-rich-lowry

johnhannibalsmith
02-12-2012, 11:13 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/290720/handsome-lie-rich-lowry

"...Chris Matthews, who is all too willing to perform the journalistic and historical equivalent of Mimi Alford’s services..."

Never pass on a chance to slam Chris... :lol:

bigmack
02-12-2012, 11:34 PM
"...Chris Matthews, who is all too willing to perform the journalistic and historical equivalent of Mimi Alford’s services..."
Why truncate a nice series of lines within?

I ain't bustin' your chops (or lack thereof) - Simply wanted to highlight some nice passages.

For Kennedy worshippers, this is outweighed by . . . what? By the fact that he was their first political love. By his martyrdom. And by “his sheer beauty.” MSNBC host and author Chris Matthews, who is all too willing to perform the journalistic and historical equivalent of Mimi Alford’s services, is the perfect archetype of the baby boomer who started out smitten by Kennedy and has never stopped.

He calls his recent hagiography Jack Kennedy: Elusive Hero. The search for what it is in JFK’s record that justifies the adulation is just as elusive. Ordinarily liberals wouldn’t be so forgiving of a president who was cautious on civil rights, whose administration surveilled Martin Luther King Jr., who began our involvement in the Vietnam War.

According to Alford, JFK was obsessed with his hair. He let her administer his daily hair treatment, insisting on products only from Frances Fox, and on a brush, not a comb. When they broke up after she got engaged, he gave her gold-and-diamond pins — and a photograph of himself, at the helm of the yacht Manitou. It’s a terrific photo, of a man who was a handsome lie.

PaceAdvantage
02-13-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm glad to see someone tell it like it is...

We saw this "By his martyrdom" thing play out right here on this very message board only days ago when I questioned why Kennedy always seemed to get a pass on what was "widely known" about his personal failings as a husband and his serious lack of morals and judgement.

"Oh, it was because of that day in November, 1963."

So what? So someone put a bullet in his head. That excuses the fact that he was a grade A piece of shit when it came to being a husband and a boss? He was no better and most likely MUCH WORSE than a guy like Herman Cain (along with the countless others throughout history) when it come to character.

Oh, but he was gunned down, so that makes it all ok... :lol:

Give me a break...

jelly
02-13-2012, 12:05 AM
And you would be wrong. Had Kennedy been running today he would have suffered the same fate as Cain.

Just like Sen. John Edwards :lol:

JustRalph
02-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Amen PA........

The duplicitous nature of the Dem/Liberal beast is one of intellectual dishonesty that exceeds the planets greatest abyss

The same tone and tenure is provided all things FDR. Kennedy is the greatest example though.

The writer points out that while Jackie O was out perpetuating the myth of Camelot, Jack was soiling their marital bed with teenage "aides" is one that I cannot ignore. Toss in Marilyn Monroe being passed around between Jack and Bobby, and tons of other evidence of improper conduct on several other fronts, you would think that a wholesale break from all things Kennedy would occurr. I doubt it.

One thing you can say for sure, Loyd Bentsen was right. Dan Quayle certainly was not anything close to Jack Kennedy, and for that he can be proud.

NJ Stinks
02-13-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm glad to see someone tell it like it is...

Lowery? Tell it like it is?

You've got to be kidding.

You guys are bustin' the wrong guy. :rolleyes:

bigmack
02-13-2012, 01:18 AM
You guys are bustin' the wrong guy. :rolleyes:
Finally, let the rubber meet the road with you & your curt, complete with the regular rolleyes dilliebop emocions, or whatever.

YOU. Mr. NJ Stinks - TELL US LIKE IT IS!

Bring a game beyond that of Lowery.

Hit it, G-Man...

PaceAdvantage
02-13-2012, 01:42 AM

You guys are bustin' the wrong guy. :rolleyes:OK, forget his massive personal failings for a moment, and concentrate on this line:The search for what it is in JFK’s record that justifies the adulation is just as elusive. Ordinarily liberals wouldn’t be so forgiving of a president who was cautious on civil rights, whose administration surveilled Martin Luther King Jr., who began our involvement in the Vietnam War.What exactly makes JFK such a grand hero to the left-leaners?

NJ Stinks
02-13-2012, 01:44 AM
Finally, let the rubber meet the road with you & your curt, complete with the regular rolleyes dilliebop emocions, or whatever.

YOU. Mr. NJ Stinks - TELL US LIKE IT IS!

Somebody has to.

You trust Lowery but don't trust the Washington Post or New York Times. Maybe it's the sea air out there. (shrug)

NJ Stinks
02-13-2012, 01:46 AM
OK, forget his massive personal failings for a moment, and concentrate on this line:What exactly makes JFK such a grand hero to the left-leaners?

I imagine it was what others have posted above. The feeling good about America part.

Personally, I was never a fan of JFK. He got us into Vietnam and I haven't forgotten that he did.

antigeekess
02-13-2012, 02:20 AM
Kennedys and women have always been a bad combination. I'm sorry, but that whole family is like some kind of evil CULT that just uses, abuses, and possibly even murders women. Remember what they did to poor Rosemary? That's one that's gotten kinda swept under the rug.

http://current.com/community/90805668_rosemary-kennedy-was-lobotomized-for-being-promiscuous-like-her-brothers.htm

JustRalph
02-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Kennedys and women have always been a bad combination. I'm sorry, but that whole family is like some kind of evil CULT that just uses, abuses, and possibly even murders women. Remember what they did to poor Rosemary? That's one that's gotten kinda swept under the rug.

http://current.com/community/90805668_rosemary-kennedy-was-lobotomized-for-being-promiscuous-like-her-brothers.htm

Don't forget there is a Kennedy relative who is currently in prison for beating a teenage girlfriend to death with a five iron

BlueShoe
02-13-2012, 03:01 PM
He stood toe to toe with Khrushchev and gained not only his respect, but the respect of the world.
He did like hell, and Khrushchev viewed him with contempt and considered him weak and indecisive. In the June 1961 Vienna Summit Khrushchev chewed him to pieces, JFK himself admitted this later. Had Kennedy conducted himself more forcefully, or even avoided the conference altogether, as a few of his advisors urged, there would not have been a Cuban Missile Crisis.

bigmack
02-13-2012, 03:09 PM
You trust Lowery but don't trust the Washington Post or New York Times.
Trust?

Tell ya what we do. You dissect the piece by Lowery and show me what he said that has been 'trusted' by a nutjob like me that you dispute. K?

Then I'll haul out my folders on the WaPo and the Grey Lady. We'll see who's putting out more crooked goods.

Oooo, what fun. gl

Marshall Bennett
02-13-2012, 07:35 PM
He did like hell, and Khrushchev viewed him with contempt and considered him weak and indecisive. In the June 1961 Vienna Summit Khrushchev chewed him to pieces, JFK himself admitted this later. Had Kennedy conducted himself more forcefully, or even avoided the conference altogether, as a few of his advisors urged, there would not have been a Cuban Missile Crisis.
I was referring to the missile crisis itself. I don't challenge what you've stated leading up to it. No doubt Khrushchev dogged Dogged Kennedy during most of his short tenure.

elysiantraveller
02-13-2012, 08:09 PM
I was referring to the missile crisis itself. I don't challenge what you've stated leading up to it. No doubt Khrushchev dogged Dogged Kennedy during most of his short tenure.

Kennedy and his administration handled the crises horribly... At every opportunity they needlessly escalated the situation, committed acts of war, and brought us to precipice.

The world should be thanking Khrushchev, not Kennedy, there for doing us a solid...

chickenhead
02-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Next on the agenda: Taft.

reckless
02-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Oh dear Mimi... nothing more than a hummer and easy lay down ...

Oh Mimi dear... just another cheap well bred slut with the right connections and top of the line education plus her fancy, schmancy finishing school diploma.

Gimme a neighborhood girl anytime.

PaceAdvantage
02-14-2012, 04:10 AM
Oh dear Mimi... nothing more than a hummer and easy lay down ...

Oh Mimi dear... just another cheap well bred slut with the right connections and top of the line education plus her fancy, schmancy finishing school diploma.

Gimme a neighborhood girl anytime.I don't even know where to begin... :rolleyes: