PDA

View Full Version : Flat Bold

cj
02-06-2012, 04:19 PM
You have to love it. He runs Saturday in the Toboggan at Aqueduct, has a so so trip, ships to Parx, then wins a money allowance on Monday.

Robert Fischer
02-06-2012, 04:26 PM
he had a day off :confused:

cj
02-06-2012, 04:34 PM
As cool as that was, watching G2 winner Anew in the very next race was just the opposite. He dumped the rider at the break. For whatever reason, first Steve Asmussen and now David Jacobson think it is best to squeeze every last dollar out of the horse.

duncan04
02-06-2012, 05:12 PM
As cool as that was, watching G2 winner Anew in the very next race was just the opposite. He dumped the rider at the break. For whatever reason, first Steve Asmussen and now David Jacobson think it is best to squeeze every last dollar out of the horse.

Horse got claimed out of the race.

cj
02-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Horse got claimed out of the race.

It is tough to protect someone from his own stupidity.

wisconsin
02-06-2012, 05:20 PM

Well, the horse simply stumbled. Poor David Cohen drove 2 hours for that ride. :faint:

cj
02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Well, the horse simply stumbled. Poor David Cohen drove 2 hours for that ride. :faint:

I'm not so sure that is all it was, I guess we'll see. That sure looked like a horse telling the rider "get off my back". In any case he has been yet another equine version of "Flip Men" (I need a new line, I know!) for the last few months. This won't end well.

Linny
02-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Anew was owned by Toby Sheets who is Asmussen's NY assistant. Not sure what inspired his return but Jacobson grabbed him. With NY purses high it made sense. Then he pays to ship to PA, has Cohen make the trip for one ride which doesn't make it out of the gate on all fours. He loses the horse, makes no money and has to pay David. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :D

turninforhome10
02-07-2012, 12:47 AM
It is kind of crappy when an 11 yo can set up like that. Jacobsen made 16k for the 7500 win so he was out on the horse. Today he made 16k for the claim so that was gravy.IMO brought Cohen to make it look live. Don't think the plan was a dumping like that but I feel he intended to loose the horse. 11yo changes barns again. Hope Vega takes care of him.

nijinski
02-07-2012, 02:15 AM
Anew had almost a five year hiatus from the track. A similar scenerio occurred in Kentucky about a year ago with a former broodmare and Veitch had the horse scratched (definately not LAT) and led off before the post parade . There were e mails sent to him protesting the the horses entry.
I assume the stewards in this case had Asmussen/Sheets verify the horse was sound .

wisconsin
02-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Anew was owned by Toby Sheets who is Asmussen's NY assistant. Not sure what inspired his return but Jacobson grabbed him. With NY purses high it made sense. Then he pays to ship to PA, has Cohen make the trip for one ride which doesn't make it out of the gate on all fours. He loses the horse, makes no money and has to pay David. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :D

They did collect $500 for making it out of the gate according to the purse breakdown in the chart.

cj
03-15-2012, 12:22 PM

Well, Anew returned for 50% of the claiming price he was purchased for and ran up the track at even money. Slots money might be great for some horsemen, but it sure isn't great for horses.

Rise Over Run
05-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Anew has reached what appears to be the bottom now. In for $4k Saturday night at Penn National, only 5 days after his last appearance at Parx for $7.5k.

Tom
05-11-2012, 11:26 PM
There is no bottom for garbage like these guys.
They look up at earth worms.

cj
05-12-2012, 12:22 AM
That sure looked like a horse telling the rider "get off my back".

Sadly, looks like I had this one right.

Robert Goren
05-12-2012, 05:15 AM
I am pretty sure they lost a lot more than the traveling costs on the ship to Parx.

cj
05-12-2012, 03:55 PM
I am pretty sure they lost a lot more than the traveling costs on the ship to Parx.

The horse was claimed, so they didn't lose a thing.

cj
05-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Another dismal effort by Anew for 4k tonight.

Rise Over Run
12-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Current connections still plugging away with Anew in the $4kNW1/6m condition. Ran dead last all the way around the track last night beaten 18 lengths at 55-1.