PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin might have just blown the Super Bowl

cj
02-05-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm screaming at the TV just kneel down, they are going to let you score. Dumbass ...

PhantomOnTour
02-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Have some faith in your D !!

There ya go...sack.

Zaf
02-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Congrats to the Giants :jump:

cj
02-05-2012, 09:56 PM
OK, I forgive all his gaffes, but sentence him to a spring of playing Tecmo Bowl!

cj
02-05-2012, 09:57 PM
MVP? Tough call.

PhantomOnTour
He gets his team ready to play at the right time of year.
Playoff time.

Zaf
I got a trigger thumb from Tecmo Bowl and needed a cortizone injection :lol:

pandy
02-05-2012, 09:58 PM
I prefer the sure thing (TD) in that situation and make the other team score a TD. If they set up for the field goal you could get a bad snap, a block, or the guy could just miss the kick, it's happened before. You've got to take the td and rely on your defense, which just held the 2nd ranked offense in the league to 17 points.

nomadpat
02-05-2012, 09:58 PM
I was yelling the same thing!

I still play Tecmo lol

pktruckdriver
02-05-2012, 10:00 PM
GIANTS !!!!!

Grits
02-05-2012, 10:02 PM
The real hoot, the Giants win the game.

The camera, instead of going straight to Eli, or the Giants--who do they take a bead for? The almighty Belichick, still on the sideline, then heading across the field.

Honestly, one could believe they think the guy is God. He's not, they lost.

cj
02-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Bill stands at zero Super Bowls without spying.

LottaKash
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM
The real hoot, the Giants win the game.

The camera, instead of going straight to Eli, or the Giants--who do they take a bead for? The almighty Belichick, still on the sideline, then heading across the field.

Honestly, one could believe they think the guy is God. He's not, they lost.

Grits, I think perhaps, that is because of the snub, by not shaking hands at game's end, he gave to the Giant's coach in a previous super-bowl....Maybe, they were looking to see if there would be a repeat of that utterly poor sportsmanship, again...

best,

Grits
02-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Bill stands at zero Super Bowls without spying.

Remember they said, "every team does it. New England just got caught at it."
No harm, no foul. :lol:

I just wish the guy would make enough in annual salary to buy another hooded sweatshirt instead of that gray thing he's been wearing since Tiznow won the Classic. (Again remember, that's how he pumped up the team that particular year.)

LKash, I've always found him to seem unsportsmanlike. I mean how can anyone WIN and never smile? Not ever.

slew101
02-05-2012, 11:39 PM
He smiles plenty when they win. He's just a poor loser. The worst sore loser in professional sports.

LKash, I've always found him to seem unsportsmanlike. I mean how can anyone WIN and never smile? Not ever.

cj
02-05-2012, 11:46 PM
He smiles plenty when they win. He's just a poor loser. The worst sore loser in professional sports.

Maybe he has grown up. He seemed to take it well today.

badcompany
02-06-2012, 01:00 AM
I prefer the sure thing (TD) in that situation and make the other team score a TD. If they set up for the field goal you could get a bad snap, a block, or the guy could just miss the kick, it's happened before. You've got to take the td and rely on your defense, which just held the 2nd ranked offense in the league to 17 points.

It was gonna be a nail biter regardless, but, after what happened in AFC Championship game with the kicker missing a 30 yard field goal by a mile, I didn't hate the idea of scoring the TD.

slew101
02-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Belichick refused to grant NBC an interview after the game. I think he'll get fined for that.

Maybe he has grown up. He seemed to take it well today.

Rookies
02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm screaming at the TV just kneel down, they are going to let you score. Dumbass ...

MY group were largely Pats backers with big coin down, who had sawed both sides, but definitely wanted NE to win without covering).

Not saying I/we have any of the Bellichek genius, but we were right on it. Said that Billy Boy HAD to tell his D, post time out, right on the next play, to let the Giants score. And we were high fiving when they did, belieeving that Coughlin had not discussed the same point from the other side.

Didn't work out, but we still had a shot.:ThmbUp:

BTW, it was NOT the first time that little trick has occurred and in the Super Bowl? Remember when?

cj
02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
MY group were largely Pats backers with big coin down, who had sawed both sides, but definitely wanted NE to win without covering).

Not saying I/we have any of the Bellichek genius, but we were right on it. Said that Billy Boy HAD to tell his D, post time out, right on the next play, to let the Giants score. And we were high fiving when they did, belieeving that Coughlin had not discussed the same point from the other side.

Didn't work out, but we still had a shot.:ThmbUp:

BTW, it was NOT the first time that little trick has occurred and in the Super Bowl? Remember when?

I know it has happened before, just can't remember the game off the top of my head.

wisconsin
02-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Does anyone here really think that if he took the knee on the one that the Pats would not burn their timeout?

cj
02-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Belichick refused to grant NBC an interview after the game. I think he'll get fined for that.

He was talking shortly after. It seems NBC was more concerned with airing The Voice or whatever show it was that was on next. I don't blame him for not rushing out.

cj
02-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Does anyone here really think that if he took the knee on the one that the Pats would not burn their timeout?

Would good was that going to do? It was 2nd down. Of course they would use it but it doesn't really change anything.

nomadpat
02-06-2012, 09:12 PM
I know it has happened before, just can't remember the game off the top of my head.

I think you might be thinking about the GB/DEN Super Bowl where it seemed GB let DEN score at the end and then have time for Favre to rally. They haven't admitted it, but it was a huge hole and correct strategy, so who knows.

I'm surprised it isn't done more often. A FG is what 95+% successful that close, would think you have better odds letting them score.

Rookies
02-06-2012, 09:20 PM
I think you might be thinking about the GB/DEN Super Bowl where it seemed GB let DEN score at the end and then have time for Favre to rally. They haven't admitted it, but it was a huge hole and correct strategy, so who knows.

I'm surprised it isn't done more often. A FG is what 95+% successful that close, would think you have better odds letting them score.

BINGO!:ThmbUp: