During halftime show

Zaf
02-05-2012, 09:09 PM
And I didn't know that Al Roker was a singer / performer :lol:

Zaf
02-05-2012, 09:11 PM
http://i56.twitgoo.com/dfubh2.jpg

During halftime show

That women is wacky anyway, if you ever listened to some of her nutty lyrics.

Z

Grits
02-05-2012, 09:12 PM
That's NOT Madonna, JR. That's one of her backup singers.

Grits
02-05-2012, 09:14 PM
And I didn't know that Al Roker was a singer / performer :lol:

Zaf I hated to come out and say, "she's black."

Victor just came up with another good catch!;)

JustRalph
02-05-2012, 09:20 PM
The rest of the world says it's a Rapper named MIA

Lots of buzz about the language she used

Zaf
02-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Yes M.I.A. - some crazy songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sei-eEjy4g

Zaf
02-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Zaf I hated to come out and say, "she's black."

Victor just came up with another good catch!;)

Its a NY Joke :lol:

Grits
02-05-2012, 11:28 PM
This is coming up on the 11pm news. We were given the finger . . . . . . . :rolleyes:

She's gonna get her 15 minutes. Like anybody cares. Bet Madonna has already sacked her butt.:lol:

Dahoss9698
02-05-2012, 11:37 PM
MIA isn't a backup singer for Madonna. She's been quite successful as an artist. Her song Paper Planes went triple platinum and she has been nominated for two Grammy's and an Academy Award for Best Original Song.

The song they played was Madonna's new single which features MIA and Nicki Minaj, also a pretty popular artist. Not sure what the middle finger was all about, but a middle finger is tame compared to some of the stuff I have heard in the stands at NFL games.

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Bet Madonna has already sacked her butt.:lol:I'd be willing to wager Madonna knew all about it...and whoever was manning the "blocker button" for NBC was about two seconds too late....ooops.... :lol:

Grits
02-06-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm sorry, I think Mickie Minaj is a joke. I really do, she can't sing worth squat and . . . I mean pink hair?

MIA on the other hand, got no billing whatsoever, so yes, I consider her a back up for Madonna tonight. But then, I'm clueless, of course.

Give me Alicia Keys instead. She could school both MIA and Minaj.

ArlJim78
02-06-2012, 12:07 AM
these modern halftime shows are making Up With People look better and better.

Grits
02-06-2012, 12:15 AM
I'd be willing to wager Madonna knew all about it...and whomever was manning the "blocker button" for NBC was about two seconds too late....ooops.... :lol:

Could be. She promised Costa no wardrobe malfunctions. Those things wouldn't happen. Okay.

What I do believe? Madonna can still perform well, a perfectionist, a professional. I like her halftime show. Age comes to us all, though, even pop stars.

Hugely talented, yet, she's not as agile in stiletto boots as she once was and it was obvious. She doesn't have the "quick turn of foot." Still has the grind thing going well, though. Too, she's had so much cosmetic surgery, she looks not at all like the Madonna that dominated the recording industry for so many years.

Dahoss9698
02-06-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm sorry, I think Mickie Minaj is a joke. I really do, she can't sing worth squat and . . . I mean pink hair?

MIA on the other hand, got no billing whatsoever, so yes, I consider her a back up for Madonna tonight. But then, I'm clueless, of course.

Give me Alicia Keys instead. She could school both MIA and Minaj.

Not sure what the clueless remark is all about, but whatever.

I happen to agree in regards to Nicki Minaj. I liked MIA's Paper Planes, but that is about it.

I would also agree in regards to Alicia Keys. Still, appearing in a song with another artist doesn't make one a "backup singer."

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Too, she's had so much cosmetic surgery, she looks not at all like the Madonna that dominated the recording industry for so many years.You know, I'm pretty good at seeing that (cosmetic surgery), but she never struck me as someone who has had a lot...even today looking at her, I didn't find myself saying that (like I did when I saw Regis in that commercial...lol)

And she did have a bit of a misstep at the top of the bleachers...but she recovered well enough...

Grits
02-06-2012, 12:23 AM
She did misstep, and it scared me for her, though as you say, it was quick. In the past, years ago? No, I didn't ever note cosmetic surgery on her. Tonight, there was no doubt in my mind. Even the shape of her face has been altered. Nothing drastic, but its been done, along with other tweaks.

bigmack
02-06-2012, 01:24 AM
With sad regret, Alicia Keys is an impostor. Keep it in mind.
I liked MIA's Paper Planes, but that is about it.
I remember that being an infectious little number as well. After hearing it twice, I'm set for life.
ewRjZoRtu0Y

chickenhead
02-06-2012, 02:17 AM
she's had quite a bit of work done -- definite clown face in the making. She's damn near 55 years old and her face looks like a snare drum.

delayjf
02-06-2012, 02:39 AM
I'm not a Madonna fan but she has had some good songs through the years so I came how from worked and watched the re-run - I got bored with it.

And did't Madonna get caught giving herself injections of HGH (growth hormone) which would explain how she stays so cut.

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 02:39 AM
she's had quite a bit of work done -- definite clown face in the making. She's damn near 55 years old and her face looks like a snare drum.Yes, you're right...she has had a lot of work...but still, there are much worse looking celebrities out there...Melanie Griffith...Meg Ryan...Kenny Rogers...Priscilla Presley...and I just saw a pic of Joan Van Ark....holy cripes!

judd
02-06-2012, 05:55 AM
was better than black eye peas last year

Robert Goren
02-06-2012, 06:05 AM
was better than black eye peas last yearSo true

Marshall Bennett
02-06-2012, 07:40 AM
I'd give the performance a B- when compared to shows from years past. Madonna still has her quality voice, but has lost quite a lot with her moves.
It's a damn shame the show is often marred by some jerk wanting attention (middle finger). She should be jailed for 90 days.

Dahoss9698
02-06-2012, 08:59 AM
I'd give the performance a B- when compared to shows from years past. Madonna still has her quality voice, but has lost quite a lot with her moves.
It's a damn shame the show is often marred by some jerk wanting attention (middle finger). She should be jailed for 90 days.

Madonna was lip syncing through almost all of the performance. That quality voice you heard was pre recorded.

90 days in jail for a middle finger? What's next, the death penalty for swearing? Castration for pre marital sex?

Steve 'StatMan'
02-06-2012, 09:50 AM
I didn't see the show, I watched the game online, surprised it wasn't shown, nor the commercials (could watch them separately in a group, I haven't yet.)

I've never heard of M.I.A, but knowing she deliberatey gave America and the World "The Finger" all I can say is "Back Atcha", and not watch her videos online just because she made a controversy to promote her damn self.

Next year's Halftime Act - "Up Yours People"

Steve 'StatMan'
02-06-2012, 10:30 AM
...and the talent agent says "That was interesting, I've never seen anything like that before. What do you call yourselves?" and the father says "The Superbowl Half-Time Show!"

Robert Goren
02-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I guess the show was ok. I thought it was kind of boring, but I am not a big Madonna fan. As for the M I A figure deal, What did they think was going to happen when they put a hip-hop artist on that is trying to get attention?

Grits
02-06-2012, 11:00 AM
We should all remain silent, no one here knows anything about music but Mack.:faint:

Song's nothing . . . droning hip hop with gunshots in the background. Always great to hear those; they add to any tune.

So predictable, the basic formula the music industry requires today. Yep, standard Grammy material, no doubt. JayZ's proud. Still I'd rather hear he and Keys performing, Empire State Of Mind. All day. Much more infectious, not to mention, better piece of music.

LottaKash
02-06-2012, 11:09 AM
I've never heard of M.I.A, but knowing she deliberatey gave America and the World "The Finger" all I can say is "Back Atcha", and not watch her videos online just because she made a controversy to promote her damn self.

Next year's Halftime Act - "Up Yours People"

Back Atcha is right....."right on"...

Next year, up mine, can't wait...

best,

ldiatone
02-06-2012, 12:23 PM
that was "Madonna"? i thought that was "Lady GooGoo"? shes 55? dudes..that old! hell, she could be my mother eerrrrrrrrrrrrrr wife :eek:

Tom
02-06-2012, 12:37 PM
NBC should have expected that kind of behavior - you hire low-life sluts, you get that kind of behavior. She was only showing off her IQ. Rounded up.
Hefty fine is in order.

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Oh boy...

Grits
02-06-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm done with the thread. :lol:

The chick's a skank, trying to increase her record sales on the back of a close up camera angle giving her the opportunity to tell the American viewing public to **** off.

Good luck with those sales, honey, hope those IPod downloads are through the roof this afternoon. And, all those awards you win, forthcoming? May they fill the bookcases in the den (if you have a den).:lol:

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Was she telling the American viewing public to **** off, or was she acting out the lyrics of the song?

Not saying it's right, but let's not get overly dramatic here...

rastajenk
02-06-2012, 12:56 PM
It's what we do best! :p

Grits
02-06-2012, 01:00 PM
It's what we do best! :p

You got it BBQ, "we" included, no doubt. Just sayin'. :p

Grits
02-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Was she telling the American viewing public to **** off, or was she acting out the lyrics of the song?

Not saying it's right, but let's not get overly dramatic here...

Don't know and don't care. She was to lip sync, not portray Meryl Streep.:lol:

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I think commercial TV in America is hypocritical and way too puritan to begin with. It in no way adequately reflects what happens in society on a daily basis...what children are exposed to IN THEIR OWN HOMES on a daily basis.

Parents curse all the time in front of their children...I see it with my own eyes. It's 2012...I really don't see what she did to be a big deal...if you blinked, you missed it anyway...

Just my opinion.

cj
02-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Parents curse all the time in front of their children...I see it with my own eyes.

Maybe some do, but I wouldn't use too broad of a brush here. I can curse with the best of them, but not in front of my kids.

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Maybe some do, but I wouldn't use too broad of a brush here. I can curse with the best of them, but not in front of my kids.Some definitely do...but of course many don't...

cj
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Some definitely do...but of course many don't...

I know they do, but at least among the people I know it is the exception, not the rule. I don't think those type of things should be portrayed as normal and acceptable.

Personally, I don't care what she did. My kids are far from naive and older now, but if younger, it was a great time to show them what idiots "celebrities" can be and how being one doesn't make you anything special, just rich.

lsbets
02-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Some definitely do...but of course many don't...

I don't curse in front of my kids, but my wife is a whole different story. :lol:

Marshall Bennett
02-06-2012, 01:34 PM
90 days in jail for a middle finger?
For giving the bird live to 100 million people? Yeah, at least 90 days.

Grits
02-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Parents curse all the time in front of their children...I see it with my own eyes.

There are people and there are parents. The distinction between the two is vast. Many people? Their procreation skills went well. Their parenting skills, sadly, didn't follow suit.

I'll hush lest I be termed as lecturing. Then again, maybe that would've been a pretty good idea.

BlueShoe
02-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Missed the whole thing. Like I said on the other thread, at halftime switched over to the Puppy Bowl. Watching a trashy bimbo like Madonna would be as bad as listening to a Joe Biden speech. W-e-l-l, on second thought, almost as bad, not quite.

Dahoss9698
02-06-2012, 02:28 PM
For giving the bird live to 100 million people? Yeah, at least 90 days.

What law did she break?

Dahoss9698
02-06-2012, 02:33 PM
I think commercial TV in America is hypocritical and way too puritan to begin with. It in no way adequately reflects what happens in society on a daily basis...what children are exposed to IN THEIR OWN HOMES on a daily basis.

Parents curse all the time in front of their children...I see it with my own eyes. It's 2012...I really don't see what she did to be a big deal...if you blinked, you missed it anyway...

Just my opinion.

I agree. I actually missed it live. I heard about it after and am kind of dumbfounded by the reaction.

Anyone ever been to an NFL game? Anyone spent anytime tailgating before a game? A middle finger is tame compared to the kind of stuff that goes on before and during the games.

Was it a stupid thing to do? Sure. But I always find the fake outrage over something like a middle finger more outrageous than the actual act itself. Must be my lack of morals, or so I've been told.

cj
02-06-2012, 02:35 PM
What law did she break?

I actually remember reading about a guy that got off after being arrested for giving cops the finger. Apparently, he didn't break any laws, so I guess she didn't either. I would think there is probably an FCC fine that will need to be paid though.

Dahoss9698
02-06-2012, 02:37 PM
I would think there is probably an FCC fine that will need to be paid though.

Definitely. Small price to pay for all of the publicity she (and Madonna) are getting from this.

rastajenk
02-06-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't curse in front of my kids, but my wife is a whole different story. :lol:This is open to multiple interpretations. :)

Rookies
02-06-2012, 03:07 PM

Just my opinion.

There are so many side angles on this one.

On the point that relates to the story, I generally agree with PA here. Americans are waaaay to puritanically anal about a lot of media stuff. Not that I want to watch people cursing like mad or acting like skanks on TV, any media or in public. It tends to have me believe they are trailer trash that can't regulate themselves properly and are therefore... not very intelligent.

On the other hand, these picayune, "Janet Jackson" type Super Bowl events are so inconsequential and fleeting, so small in the big scope of things that they render those who out them and then OMG... demand something approaching capital punishment as a consequence...:lol: to defend the nations's "standards"; well, they render themselves foolish and petty.

As for parents doing something similar in front of their kids, the first part of my response replies. Parents need to act appropriately in life and part of that is doing so with and for their children. THAT is different.

As for the Super Bowl being unable to attract young talent that can provide a satisfying musical performance with an appropriate PG factor for a massive audience. I'm not sure whether that's on anymore. Increasingly, the old talent is too old and wrinkly to sing and perform properly and the young- fagettabouit!

Bottom line for me:

I don't give a shite about the 1/2 time show. THAT is definitely not why I am interested in Super Bowls- not now- not ever. I'm not even sure whether I watched the 2 I attended LIVE as a fan and one was Michael Jackson- in his sorta prime.:lol:

JustRalph
02-06-2012, 03:13 PM

Just my opinion.

Using that standard what we would see on tv would be awful.

JustRalph
02-06-2012, 03:15 PM
...and the talent agent says "That was interesting, I've never seen anything like that before. What do you call yourselves?" and the father says "The Superbowl Half-Time Show!"

I get it, just for the record

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Using that standard what we would see on tv would be awful.I'm not saying let's have an anything goes policy towards commercial TV.

But let's not jump overboard either when a very MINOR offense happens on live TV...I mean, that's the only thing people are talking about concerning the halftime show...guess that doesn't say much for Madonna then as a performer, does it? :lol:

Like I said, if you blinked, you missed it...

cj
02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't give a shite about the 1/2 time show. THAT is definitely not why I am interested in Super Bowls- not now- not ever. I'm not even sure whether I watched the 2 I attended LIVE as a fan and one was Michael Jackson- in his sorta prime.:lol:

A huge amount of viewers don't care about the game, they care about the halftime show and the commercials. As fans, it is just something we are stuck with. It isn't much different than the Kentucky Derby in that respect.

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I get it, just for the recordI just got it too....took a while though...

Marshall Bennett
02-06-2012, 05:05 PM
What law did she break?
She didn't break any law. It was a joke...get over it.

Dahoss9698
02-06-2012, 05:41 PM
She didn't break any law. It was a joke...get over it.

Don't quit your day job Seinfeld.

bigmack
02-06-2012, 06:50 PM
While these discussions usually move in one way, talking about 'what's the big deal', 'what law did she break', the really absurd point is that this no-talent hack decided that giving the finger is a rebellious, reckless, devil-may-care thing to be doing.

What a naughty girl. :D

Grits
02-06-2012, 07:22 PM
While these discussions usually move in one way, talking about 'what's the big deal', 'what law did she break', the really absurd point is that this no-talent hack decided that giving the finger is a rebellious, reckless, devil-may-care thing to be doing.

What a naughty girl. :D

Bingo. on this no-talent hack.:lol:

Pace Cap'n
02-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Can't they just find a couple of marching bands?

ArlJim78
02-06-2012, 11:47 PM
yep, a hell of a show it was. downright wholesome.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web05/2012/2/5/22/enhanced-buzz-wide-17217-1328497554-22.jpg

JustRalph
02-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Wow

johnhannibalsmith
02-07-2012, 01:07 AM
...I mean, that's the only thing people are talking about concerning the halftime show...

If I was a talentless douche (well okay, I am...) that was looking for a breathtaking fastforward to my fifteen minutes, I'd drop my drawers and moon the viewing audience with either a peace symbol or an anarchy symbol drawn on my cheeks in glittery lipstick.

Expect that next year as our "outrage" at this juvenile silliness sets the bar a little higher for the next nobody to become an insta-celebrity.

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2012, 02:12 AM
yep, a hell of a show it was. downright wholesome.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web05/2012/2/5/22/enhanced-buzz-wide-17217-1328497554-22.jpgLook at her neck!

JustRalph
02-07-2012, 02:28 AM
Look at her neck!

Which one ?

:lol:

That's a hell of a bruise........

bigmack
02-07-2012, 02:29 AM
If I was a talentless douche
That's 'now' thinking. A 2012 remake of, If I Were a Carpenter for the barbaric heathens under 30 we live amongst.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/whistling.gif... If I was a Talentless Douche...

rastajenk
02-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Don't forget, our President flipped off Hillary during a debate four years ago, in a manner only slightly more subtle. (And he's been giving us the finger ever since.)

Not that that has anything to do with anything. I'm just sayin', lower scum life than this talentless douche has gotten away with it.

Grits
02-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Well, that's attractive; the scarring, the bruising, the whatever. :faint:

This is just real unfortunate, gentlemen, terribly so.

Grits
02-07-2012, 10:12 AM
In fairness. Regarding her neck. Those are muscles, tendons, and ligaments, not wrinkles. Pray that your own do as well if you're pitched *** over elbows on stage dancing for 15 minutes. Not that I think either of you do this for a living, but hopefully, yours would appear the same allowing your head and neck to remain stable.

Didn't you guys have health and anatomy in school. This is basic stuff? :lol:

She is STILL fit, count on it. ;)

ArlJim78
02-07-2012, 10:17 AM
she's still fit but there are just things that we don't need to see.
like when a 60+ year old Cher came out at one of these shows some time ago, wearing that skin-tight see thru get-up. the horror.

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2012, 11:24 AM
In fairness. Regarding her neck. Those are muscles, tendons, and ligaments, not wrinkles. Pray that your own do as well if you're pitched *** over elbows on stage dancing for 15 minutes. Not that I think either of you do this for a living, but hopefully, yours would appear the same allowing your head and neck to remain stable.

Didn't you guys have health and anatomy in school. This is basic stuff? :lol:

She is STILL fit, count on it. ;)Yeah, I knew that. Still, it was quite the unusual sight...

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Well, that's attractive; the scarring, the bruising, the whatever. :faint:

This is just real unfortunate, gentlemen, terribly so.Oh come on...the only reason you're seeing that is because somebody snapped a photo at just the right time...you never saw that on TV during the live broadcast...this is getting ridiculous!

I've seen more offensive sights just walking along the beach in the summer... :lol:

headhawg
02-07-2012, 11:31 AM
I've seen more offensive sights just walking along the beach in the summer... :lol:Or in the local Walmart...

Grits
02-07-2012, 11:38 AM
I've seen more offensive sights just walking along the beach in the summer... :lol:

Sure we have. There's nothing more offensive than 200lbs+ crammed in a speedo or 150lbs+ shoved in a bikini. Or worse, either, in a thong (Which I did see on a 200lb fella in the Bahamas a few years ago. I, literally, thought I would die; he kept pulling at the back of it, and that made it absolutely unbearable. All day, I laughed. Every time he moved, I laughed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Marshall Bennett
02-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Or in the local Walmart...
Ain't that the truth? Some of the sights you see there are overly offensive, and often while you're shopping for groceries for Christ's sake.

Dahoss9698
02-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Lectures, politics and feigned outrage. This thread has officially hit the message board trifecta. :ThmbUp:

BlueShoe
02-07-2012, 11:54 AM
There's nothing more offensive than 200lbs+ crammed in a speedo or 150lbs+ shoved in a bikini.
Oh I dont know about that. A tall woman, say about 5' 10'' that goes 150 can look very good in a bikini if she has a good figure. :cool: :ThmbUp:

wisconsin
02-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Oh come on...the only reason you're seeing that is because somebody snapped a photo at just the right time...you never saw that on TV during the live broadcast...this is getting ridiculous!

She also gave a crotch spread earlier for all to see, and I commented to my wife right when I saw it live. I found the photo, but don't know how to post it. Just google Madonna half time crotch shot images.

Grits
02-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Oh I dont know about that. A tall woman, say about 5' 10'' that goes 150 can look very good in a bikini if she has a good figure. :cool: :ThmbUp:

No further comment to the thread from me.

God has spoken, we should all collect our winnings and go home.

Dahoss9698
02-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I spoke too soon. I forgot a disingenuous insulting post.

A rare superfecta. :D

cj's dad
02-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Or in the local Walmart...

Since you brought it up;

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

You can thank me later.

ArlJim78
02-07-2012, 12:29 PM
so the only standards for superbowl halftime entertainment should be that no laws are broken and that appearances are no worse than what you might find in a Walmart. could the bar be set any lower? I think not.

Dahoss9698
02-07-2012, 12:43 PM
so the only standards for superbowl halftime entertainment should be that no laws are broken and that appearances are no worse than what you might find in a Walmart. could the bar be set any lower? I think not.

Not sure why you came away with that interpretation as no one has even remotely said that. I thought the entire thing was terrible and really question the choice of Madonna as the entertainer. Nothing against her personally or professionally, but for a game watched primarily by men, the decision to hire her seemed odd.

Unfortunately whoever the entertainment is, someone will have a problem with it. The only two performances I actually remember in the last 10-15 years were Janet Jackson's (for obvious reasons) and when U2 did the show in the first Super Bowl after 9/11.

I think they'd be better off going with a U2 type group that isn't going to offend anyone (easier said than done) and something that men and women would both enjoy.

JustRalph
02-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Mike, you and Grits make sure you walk in front of me on that beach trip next summer

Grits
02-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Mike, you and Grits make sure you walk in front of me on that beach trip next summer

LOLOL Bud, there are no beaches around Saratoga. A lotta lakes, yes, but no oceans for those long walks. Now, on the other hand, if you're renting a lake front cottage, ie, Saratoga Lake or Glen Falls, and you're going to be sunning, then going for a swim in that new thong? You know, the one you told me Lori gave you for Christmas this year, I'll be sitting in one of those Adirondack chairs, right there on the water's edge. Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Matter of fact, I'll bet PA and I could load up our cars and bring a whole bunch of our closest friends/horseplayers.

You game? I'll bring ALL the beer. For EVERYBODY. :lol:

cj's dad
02-07-2012, 10:59 PM
LOLOL Bud, there are no beaches around Saratoga. A lotta lakes, yes, but no oceans for those long walks. Now, on the other hand, if you're renting a lake front cottage, ie, Saratoga Lake or Glen Falls, and you're going to be sunning, then going for a swim in that new thong? You know, the one you told me Lori gave you for Christmas this year, I'll be sitting in one of those Adirondack chairs, right there on the water's edge. Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Matter of fact, I'll bet PA and I could load up our cars and bring a whole bunch of our closest friends/horseplayers.

You game? I'll bring ALL the beer. For EVERYBODY. :lol:

Hey Grits, I have a lavender thong I've been saving for just the right occasion, so if you are up for it in August, I'm in.... just sayin' :eek:

Grits
02-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Hey Grits, I have a lavender thong I've been saving for just the right occasion, so if you are up for it in August, I'm in.... just sayin' :eek:

CJd, you and JR both, I don't know if I can stand it. Sitting right there in my Adirondack chair. But then, if it rains like its been known to on some days at the tent, you and JR won't have to leave the track. You can swim in the lake surrounding us! Both of you, EYE CANDY, for all the wimmin'. :lol:

Rookies
02-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Geez, I remember I once gave Al the biz for finding his way into gay bars in NYC for Lunch.:blush:

JR/D in thongs and Speedos!:rolleyes:

Come on men...:lol:

Grits
02-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Geez, I remember I once gave Al the biz for finding his way into gay bars in NYC for Lunch.:blush:

They didn't hit on you did they? Most likely not. Bet you enjoyed lunch, too. :lol:

I've been in two gay bars in my lifetime. (Back in the day. It was mid 80s. Today, nobody would care.) Went in knowing they were gay bars. Didn't matter; went for the drinks and the dancing. First one was in NYC. Six of us, "the former spouse", myself, and 4 friends . . . . only heterosexuals in the whole place. Drank, danced and had a blast. No one bothered me, of course. But "the former spouse", hell, every 10 minutes, he was having to say, "No. I'm with her." Finally, he tired of that, plus I was beginning to feel like chopped liver. Anyway, we danced some more, then left and took a cab to another spot.

Next one was in Miami, again back in the day, early 90s. Sister in law and I went with her brother and wife. They told us, "you'll love the place." ....And we did. This one was different--mixed crowd--a spattering of women, plus it had a show later in the evening. Few minutes after we arrived, one guy asked me to dance. After him, when it was realized I had as many moves (on the dance floor) as he did, guys kept coming up, "let's dance." "Ok", and off we'd go. Showtime came at 10pm. And there, in front of me, performing were some of the prettiest drag queens, I've ever seen in my life. (Granted, I'd not encountered too many in my lifetime.) Each could sing and dance. Cher was a KNOCK OUT..... Found it hard to believe that underneath all that hair, that perfect makeup, and those costumes--were guys. What a fun night, again, had a blast.

I gotta start getting out again. Saratoga night life sux. :rolleyes: Unless you're at the harness track. :lol:

JustRalph
09-21-2013, 07:27 AM
That middle finger at the Super Bowl is going to cost her 1.5 million........she's starting to squawk now that it looks like she is going to lose in court

http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/celebrity/m-i-a-fights-with-nfl-over-super-bowl-finger-1.1233604

The NFL has her up against the wall. What is she going to do? Deny she did it?

horses4courses
09-21-2013, 07:40 AM
What's a million five to Madonna?
A nice weekend away somewhere?

JustRalph
09-21-2013, 08:24 AM
What's a million five to Madonna?
A nice weekend away somewhere?

A swing and a miss..........

TJDave
09-21-2013, 04:27 PM
these modern halftime shows are making Up With People look better and better.

Last time I went to a football game the band was playing John Philip Sousa.

Last time I went to a basketball game the uniforms fit.

Halftime usually meant going to the toilet, not watching it.

JustRalph
03-17-2014, 11:21 PM
http://bit.ly/PKhUq9

Now she is whining because the NFL is suing her for 16 million bucks

:lol: