PDA

View Full Version : TVG "Racing Roundtable" on Drugs

BombsAway Bob
02-05-2012, 12:06 AM
excellent edition of "R.R."
Ron Ellis must have felt like
Daniel Boone battling renegade Cherokees
without his Rifle or friend Mingo on the Lasix issue!

EmzEtu2Yktc

Indulto
02-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Thanks for sharing, Bombs-Away.

It's always entertaining to to see different takes on controversial subjects from controversial personalities.

Imagine Ray Paulick referring to HANA-generated material to make his point.:jump:

Knowclew
02-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Hard to believe I am saying this about a TVG show...but it was quite
informative. Some really solid guests, and no one acting the fool trying for camera time.

Highlights for me:

Jack Van Berg (around the 10-13 minute mark) getting a jab in....again...
at McCarron for his ride on Alysheba. Made me belly laugh. I love JVB.

Eoin Harty was great in his few minutes on the phone. He talks of using Lasix on his horses if they show signs of bleeding. This was the purpose of legalizing the drug. Nice to see someone remembers that.

Ron Ellis squirming trying to make his point(s) on Lasix. Obviously, he and most trainers now use lasix like vitamins. Use it BEFORE there is a problem.....not what the idea once was with it. I loved Ellis bringing up that legalizing Ace would be nice...but tit isn't, so we have to live with
little old lasix.

If you have an hour to kill, the show does bring up some interesting things.

*****Sorry, had to add I got a kick out of Scott Lake on the phone sounding like he is holier than the rest.

Horseplayersbet.com
02-05-2012, 11:16 AM
It took about an hour for the real problem to come out. The problem is that they hardly test for EPO...and that probably includes other drugs like ITPP.

outofthebox
02-05-2012, 12:49 PM
It took about an hour for the real problem to come out. The problem is that they hardly test for EPO...and that probably includes other drugs like ITPP.Yes you are correct. When we fill out a claim slip here in La. we have a box in the upper corner to check if we would request the claimed horse to be tested for EPO.

pandy
02-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I've seen every TVG roundtable show and I was impressed. I loved the first show where they admitted their faults. The CEO is smart, really up front with his customers.

off'nclear
02-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Mr. Van Berg (Sr.) was such a gentleman and his word was his bond. When my hubby was purchasing horses at his sales, what Sr. said was absolute gospel truth. Jack became a carbon copy of his father. Thank goodness!