View Full Version : RIP DON

canleakid
02-01-2012, 07:15 PM
RIP Don
Started his show with $400.00(his own money) and made a few BUCKS along the way
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=700259

cj's dad
02-01-2012, 07:22 PM
The black version of Dick Clark- Watched his show many Saturdays in the 70's and 80's - Quite the entertainer. RIP

johnhannibalsmith
02-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Really, in my opinion, one of the greatest in entertainment and probably did more for acceptance of black culture than most people that are credited with doing that. Terrible way to close out a pretty darn good show.

bigmack
02-01-2012, 08:17 PM
What an absolute shame. When I hear of endings like this, particularly of cats I greatly respect, I wish I could have somehow been there for them. Tragic.

If you ever have the opportunity to see the film, Tapeheads, do.

Love ya, Don. Let's get into trouble, baby.

http://mylifeofcrime.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/don-cornelius.jpg

TJDave
02-02-2012, 02:06 AM
What an absolute shame. When I hear of endings like this, particularly of cats I greatly respect, I wish I could have somehow been there for them. Tragic.

Apparently, he had some physical and/or emotional issues. He chose to go. It's what he wanted. Respect it.

Sooooooooul Train.

cj's dad
02-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Suicide is such a selfish act. The feelings of family and friends are not taken into consideration. Had a sister-in-law who took her own life. What a waste of a beautiful person at the age of 38. Her parents and siblings live with this til this day. what she did created so much grief among the family; denial by some, anger by others, etc...

RIP Don, enjoyed the saturdays with Sooooooul Train, but man you should have reached out.

canleakid
02-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Suicide is such a selfish act. The feelings of family and friends are not taken into consideration. Had a sister-in-law who took her own life. What a waste of a beautiful person at the age of 38. Her parents and siblings live with this til this day. what she did created so much grief among the family; denial by some, anger by others, etc...

RIP Don, enjoyed the saturdays with Sooooooul Train, but man you should have reached out.

So true, in elementary school my bestfriend's older sister hung herself and unfortunately we found her, my buddy was never the same after that and the rest of their family just asked why and what could they of done sad very sad.

nijinski
02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
We may never know the suffering those who took their life endured .
RIP Don

Grits
02-08-2012, 07:33 PM
We may never know the suffering those who took their life endured .
RIP Don

Nj, I think we seldom know. They may allow us to have glimpses, but we seldom know the full extent of their suffering.