PDA

View Full Version : Laurel 7th ( 2.1.12 )

The Bit
02-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Anyone see this race and the non try, hold the horse ride on the #2 at 1/2? So bad that Rodman made mention of the horse being "under a firm hold" in the stretch? What in the heck was that. And people wonder why this game can't grow.

The Bit
02-01-2012, 03:48 PM
And no I didn't have any monetary interest in the race ( I played pick 4's but was ejected after the 6th ).

BombsAway Bob
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Anyone see this race and the non try, hold the horse ride on the #2 at 1/2? So bad that Rodman made mention of the horse being "under a firm hold" in the stretch? What in the heck was that. And people wonder why this game can't grow.
WOW, went and watched replay..
that type of stiff jobs is usually implemented under cover of night racing.

freehouse2002
02-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Just playing devils advocate here....horse was mighty suspicious here as it was dropping from OC 25000/20000n2x to clm 5000b. Maybe the horse wasn't pressed because she was not sound? Maybe that's why the jock isn't pressing the horse. I don't know, but those that played this one at 1/2 should've known something might be up. Bad, bad fave.

To the casual observer though, this could look bad.

freehouse2002

Beachbabe
02-01-2012, 04:23 PM
It's unusual for Kobiskie to send out something that's not "live". His figures are approaching supertrainer status.

picojim
02-01-2012, 04:56 PM
someone on the tvg forum called the stewards after the race and got this

I asked are you guys investigating what happened to My Sweet Nenana. They replied we asked the jockey and in the jockey's words "the horse was sore and I was scared to ride it"

Beachbabe
02-01-2012, 05:08 PM

I asked are you guys investigating what happened to My Sweet Nenana. They replied we asked the jockey and in the jockey's words "the horse was sore and I was scared to ride it"

You mean to say, trainers send out sore horses ???? :eek:

turninforhome10
02-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Mission accomplished. Kobiskie got rid of a cripple. Horse got tagged. Would not Kobiskie put a first call rider on one that he was going to loose while trying to win. This horse had fire sale written all over it.
Now for the laugh read the chart callers comments
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/LRL020112USA7.pdf

Amazing

thaskalos
02-02-2012, 02:40 AM

My Sweet Nenana was so sore, she gained almost 4 lengths down the stretch...while running "under her own courage".

She finished 7th...missing 4th place by two necks and a head.

With stewards like these, we horseplayers can sleep soundly at night...without a care in the world. :rolleyes:

Mr_Ed
02-11-2012, 02:17 AM
Jock suspended 30 days for this ride......um, I mean non-ride.

NJ Stinks
02-11-2012, 03:06 AM
I find it hard to believe that Alberto Delgado intentionally kept this horse from winning. I've never heard a bad word about the guy in all the years that he's ridden in Maryland. (The article I read stated Alberto won the 1982 Eclipse Award as outstanding apprentice jockey.)

And I'm baffled by the following comment by one of the stewards who gave him the 30 days:

“The reason that it took a week was because our investigator had to interview all the participants, and we talked to the trainer and Albert,” Burke said. “Albert said he was afraid of the horse and we concur. We don’t believe there was anything nefarious going on here. Nothing points to it.”

If the above is true, why so many days? :confused:

Link: http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2012/02/08/jockey-delgado-suspended-30-days.aspx

Tom
02-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Guess being a track vet doesn't require a hell of a lot of work.

cj
02-11-2012, 11:00 AM
I find it hard to believe that Alberto Delgado intentionally kept this horse from winning. I've never heard a bad word about the guy in all the years that he's ridden in Maryland. (The article I read stated Alberto won the 1982 Eclipse Award as outstanding apprentice jockey.)

And I'm baffled by the following comment by one of the stewards who gave him the 30 days:

“The reason that it took a week was because our investigator had to interview all the participants, and we talked to the trainer and Albert,” Burke said. “Albert said he was afraid of the horse and we concur. We don’t believe there was anything nefarious going on here. Nothing points to it.”

If the above is true, why so many days? :confused:

Link: http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2012/02/08/jockey-delgado-suspended-30-days.aspx

Why so many days? If he was afraid of the horse, refuse the ride. If you take them in the gate, then you ride, period.

NJ Stinks
02-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Why so many days? If he was afraid of the horse, refuse the ride. If you take them in the gate, then you ride, period.

How many days did JR Velazquez get when he opted to not push Life At Ten?

I'm missing the justice here. Does Delgado have a lousy reputation and I just don't know about it? If not, I cannot agree with the severity here.

Tom
02-11-2012, 03:51 PM
You are looking for consistency in horse racing?
Wow! I didn't think anyone did that anymore!