PDA

View Full Version : You know its not your day when.....

Valuist
01-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Was on a few other unnamed sports sites yesterday and there was one guy who really was snake bit yesterday. He had three NBA plays: Miami -4.5, Bulls/Heat OVER 191 and Dallas/San Ant UNDER 186.

After leading by 8 late, the Bulls got back in to get the cover in a 4 pt loss. As for his total, he lost that by one point after James and Rose missed a combined four free throws in the final 30 seconds as the Heat win 97-93. Double loss for him.

So he's in on the Under in the Mavs/Spurs. San Antonio labored thru a terrible first half and trailed by 18 in the 3rd quarter when Popovich pulled the starters. The under looked like a lock. But the SA bench got red hot, hitting 3 after 3. Ahead 91-89 in the closing seconds, only way he could lose would be OT. Jason Terry hits a jumper with 0.5 left to tie it up at 91. Not ready to give up, the Spurs call time out w/0.5 left. They inbound the ball and a turnaround jump shot is hit immediately to win the game. But the refs go to the scorers table to see if the shot was off in time. They overturn the basket, game goes to OT.

I actually was on the right side of that Spurs/Mavs total. Nice to catch one of those as I had no business winning that bet. We always seem to remember the tough losses. As for the guy from that internet site, I'm sure he's telling people at work today how snake bit he was.

cj's dad
01-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Obviously, you bet B-ball. IMO, it is the worst wagering format there is just because of what you posted above.

Greyfox
01-30-2012, 06:29 PM
You know it's your day when your bungee cord breaks and you live to talk about it.

63TXLCQhUnE