PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Calculater

The Judge
10-15-2001, 11:18 AM
After missing a $21,000 superfecta at of all tracks Fresno (check race 11 and rate it late for Sunday) I came home and vowed not to be one horse cheap again ,but how? Meadow's Racing Monthly 4/01 led to www.kimstarr.org. Under Utilities. Not .COM.

FortuneHunter
10-15-2001, 12:42 PM
So just how many ponies would you have had to put on your ticket to get that bad boy? What would your bet have been?

superfecta
10-15-2001, 10:23 PM
It could be worse.Take it with a grain of salt.Can't win em all,what would be the fun in that?Enough with the coloquialisms!
As long as you make a sound judgement on the number of horses to bet,that being,when you win,you pay for all the losers and then some,dont sweat it.If you just throw numbers in and spend 20 bucks a race,you might want to rethink your strategy.
I cant count the number of times I lost a big one cause I didn't box my horses,put the favorite on top,or add another horse.
But I still hit enough to make it worth the effort,and thats what counts to me.
Still,I remember picking a superfecta at Churchill with the right horses ,just in the wrong order,showing it to my wife ,shrugging my shoulders.She hissed at me saying "If you would have boxed it we would have won over $17,000 !I keep telling you to box them!"
I didn't have the nerve to tell her that she misread the payoff,it was a $117,000 ticket,on a one dollar bet.
I remember that because it was the largest superfecta payoff I had seen up to that point.
And where did she get that WE from?

takeout
10-16-2001, 12:22 AM
I LOVE those kinds of stories! (Except of course for the not-hitting part.)

I was once alive in a twin tri with a 166k pot. I missed it by ten miles but that was a kick. Nobody hit it that day, either. I gave up on it after that but it was fun while it lasted. (I usually leave that kind of stuff to the big boys.) If I ever get to the point where I can shrug my shoulders over the kind of situation that you described, I will truly feel that I've come of age as a horseplayer. ;)

The Judge
10-16-2001, 05:20 PM
I t would have cost me $120.00 I had the horses and the money but I couldn't calculate the bet. I thought it would be about in the $300 range It wouild have been a 5 horse box.So I had to leave off a horse.