PDA

View Full Version : Increase Taxes?

JBmadera
01-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Just another reason, one of literally millions, as to why there is zero reason to increase taxes:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/46160875

The federal gov't is incompetent........ :ThmbDown:

HUSKER55
01-30-2012, 12:49 PM
If citizens ran their homes they way the government works.....

and then we wonder how we got into this mess

mostpost
01-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Just another reason, one of literally millions, as to why there is zero reason to increase taxes:

It is a reason to indict a whole bunch of people. Or to fire a lot of incompetent accountants. But the fact that this money was lost, or more likely, stolen does not change the fact that we need improvements in infrastructure, transportation, education and other areas.

bigmack
01-30-2012, 03:02 PM
It is a reason to indict a whole bunch of people. Or to fire a lot of incompetent accountants. But the fact that this money was lost, or more likely, stolen does not change the fact that we need improvements in infrastructure, transportation, education and other areas.
Don't forget to include the Hoover Dam when you roll-out this: Routine # 428/Continually yap about the degradation of infrastructure. R. Maddow got the memo, didn't you?

Are there ANY ideas you nerds have that don't cost gobs of lettuce?

Robert Goren
01-30-2012, 03:51 PM
If the government was to stop doing something because it was riddled with waste, fraud, and abuse, the department of defense would be the second part of government to go right after the congress. With most agencies, we are talking millions, with the defense department we are talking tens of Billions.

boxcar
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM

You forgot health care, food, diapers, rent, cell phones, homes.

Now, that's what we should do. We should pare a HomeOwners Law. The U.S. government should mandate that everyone is required to buy a home. Would work wonders for the homeless, don't you agree? Would solve that problem overnight. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

JustRalph
01-30-2012, 05:01 PM
I am sitting here with the iPad watching tv and surfing, and just as I open this thread a commercial comes on for free cell phones provided by the state for welfare and food stamp recipients

It's all around us.......and we are helpless

JBmadera
01-30-2012, 06:11 PM

I agree much needs to be improved. However the federal gov't is completely out of control, it exists for itself - not to serve the citizens, and until that it is changed a single additional cent paid in federal income tax is pure waste.

HUSKER55
01-30-2012, 06:18 PM
sooo......how do we organize and fire that first shot the world will tremble under

I intentionaly used the word "world" because our damned government is so inept they would probably want to take a vote, to do a study, to see if we really meant them!

JBmadera
01-30-2012, 06:25 PM
sooo......how do we organize and fire that first shot the world will tremble under

I intentionaly used the word "world" because our damned government is so inept they would probably want to take a vote, to do a study, to see if we really meant them!

stop paying all federal income tax, at least it is something all of us self-employed folks can and should do. Once the fed's purge themselves of about 50%-80% of their committees, boards, agencies, employees, programs, etc, etc, etc and prove that they understand that they are their to SERVE not suck off the public teat, I'll be happy to pay a reasonable tax to support "the common defense".

windoor
01-30-2012, 08:18 PM

Oh my!

I'm looking at our w2's (getting ready to file) and how much we paid in taxes this year. Now I know why they need more money.This, after I get a new property tax bill. (over 7K) I guess I shouldn't have put the new patio on the rear of the house.

I really have to stop reading this stuff. My stress levels are through the roof, blood pressure is going up and this kind of stuff just makes it worse.

Quiz:

Can you name one politician that has kept his "oath" of office to defend the constitution over the last 50 years?

Regards,

Windoor

windoor
01-30-2012, 08:23 PM
I forgot this.

Did they deduct the 100M?

maybe this? (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Farticles.latimes.com%2F2011%2Fjun %2F13%2Fworld%2Fla-fg-missing-billions-20110613&ei=s0InT_3aFsbc0QGKo9ndAg&usg=AFQjCNF1Ar87kMRUZYG95cSRvjKvwZdg-g)

Windoor

Robert Goren
01-30-2012, 08:25 PM
stop paying all federal income tax, at least it is something all of us self-employed folks can and should do. Once the fed's purge themselves of about 50%-80% of their committees, boards, agencies, employees, programs, etc, etc, etc and prove that they understand that they are their to SERVE not suck off the public teat, I'll be happy to pay a reasonable tax to support "the common defense".Go ahead and try that and see it works. Report back in 5 years if the warden lets you have internet access.

acorn54
01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
"all governments are evil, and it is a waste of time to try to improve them" H L Menken

NJ Stinks
01-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Once the fed's purge themselves of about 50%-80% of their committees, boards, agencies, employees, programs, etc, etc, etc and prove that they understand that they are their to SERVE not suck off the public teat, I'll be happy to pay a reasonable tax to support "the common defense".

Earth to JB. Come in JB. :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
01-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Earth to JB. Come in JB. :rolleyes:

What the hell is so ridiculous about what you quoted in his post? He's damn near exactly correct.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-30-2012, 09:30 PM
I am sitting here with the iPad watching tv and surfing, and just as I open this thread a commercial comes on for free cell phones provided by the state for welfare and food stamp recipients

It's all around us.......and we are helpless

I have a friend, recently a neighbor, who had been homeless, and unemployed, food stamps, partially employment now, he's still looking for full time. He has four free phones from various agencies. I can see one or two, esp. if limited minutes. Four seems a bit much. He does use them all, however, I think he's called me from every number. The agencies he goes to has fliers that say "Apply For a Free Phone" so he does, and they keeps getting them. I'm not jealous. Funny, I pay for mine, and I rarely call anybody, even rarely call for take out food. Critical to have inbound calls though.

NJ Stinks
01-30-2012, 09:39 PM
What the hell is so ridiculous about what you quoted in his post? He's damn near exactly correct.

Really? Try going to a Social Security office and tell me exactly how it is that those employees are living on Easy Street while not serving the public.

johnhannibalsmith
01-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Really? Try going to a Social Security office and tell me exactly how it is that those employees are living on Easy Street while not serving the public.

I'm not going to speak for JBMadera or what he meant by the post, but I'm not inclined to think that the first aspect of bloated government that crossed his mind was the SSI employees. But naturally, you drew that conclusion... :rolleyes:

:p

JustRalph
01-30-2012, 09:50 PM

Read em.....they are doing better than the private sector

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46194863/ns/business-us_business/

NJ Stinks
01-30-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm not going to speak for JBMadera or what he meant by the post, but I'm not inclined to think that the first aspect of bloated government that crossed his mind was the SSI employees. But naturally, you drew that conclusion... :rolleyes:

:p

I guess I'm a little touchy on said subject. :lol:

NJ Stinks
01-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Read em.....they are doing better than the private sector

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46194863/ns/business-us_business/

No surprise. Government employees started receiving good benefits years ago primarily because those good benefits were available to the private sector. Nowadays the private sector doesn't believe in paying benefits - especially defined benefit pensions.

No doubt some here consider this to be progress. I don't.

johnhannibalsmith
01-30-2012, 10:18 PM

Perhaps. Of course, private sector entities can't just go 15 trillion in debt and keep spending until it has become a problem with no realistic solution.

NJ Stinks
01-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Perhaps. Of course, private sector entities can't just go 15 trillion in debt and keep spending until it has become a problem with no realistic solution.

True.

bigmack
01-30-2012, 10:59 PM
No surprise. Government employees started receiving good benefits years ago primarily because those good benefits were available to the private sector. Nowadays the private sector doesn't believe in paying benefits - especially defined benefit pensions.

Do you ever stop to wonder where all the money comes from? Hey, wait a minute.... Ain't you the retired G-Man who favors higher taxes everywhere, with the exception of Jersey state & county taxes?

Yeah, that's you alright.

I get it. You lookin' out for you. AND you like unions. :eek:

Took a while but I'm now officially caught up.

NJ Stinks
01-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Do you ever stop to wonder where all the money comes from? Hey, wait a minute.... Ain't you the retired G-Man who favors higher taxes everywhere, with the exception of Jersey state & county taxes?

Yeah, that's you alright.

I get it. You lookin' out for you. AND you like unions. :eek:

Took a while but I'm now officially caught up.

Oh you got me, Mack. I'll never show my face again. :sleeping:

bigmack
01-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Oh you got me, Mack. I'll never show my face again. :sleeping:
Don't be sill. We both know you wear the badge proudly, just like Mosty.

Ex-GMen that are pro-union & favor higher taxes. What an eye-opener.

We should get you and yer kind fitting/apropo T-Shirts.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/1_30_12_20_15_30.jpg

badcompany
01-31-2012, 12:45 AM

That this is the case even though the federal gov't takes in 2.1 TRILLION a year is the most damning evidence that it shouldn't get an additional dime.

JBmadera
01-31-2012, 06:32 AM
I wasn't saying that there aren't individuals in gov't that don't work hard and aren't dedicated. What I'm talking about is "the gov't", as a collection of institutions.

Let me give one small example of gov't serving itself, not serving the citizens:

A number of years back a redevelopment agency was created,and funded with tax dollars. An entire staff was hired, a building rented, cars and supplies purchased, etc, etc, etc. Just recently it folded. In it's ENTIRE existence not ONE SINGLE PROJECT was started or completed. 100% of the tax dollars collected went just to support the agency itself. There are thousands and thousands of examples like this out there.

Last year I paid more in federal income tax that I ever thought I would make in a year, guess I'm just sick and tired of turning on the news or opening the paper and seeing how MY money is being wasted.