PDA

View Full Version : "Only on the Internet"

bigmack
01-29-2012, 07:14 PM
I see that phrase is pop'lar upstairs with a select group.

Q: Are discussions that much more zany online than in real life?

In the discussions I have with groups of people in person, they can be even nuttier.

Dahoss9698
01-29-2012, 07:29 PM
I think there is a certain element of craziness online that most people will never encounter in person.

For example, I've never met anyone that talks like they are Fonzie from Happy Days in person. On the internet I have.

The last time I saw a guy brag to a bunch of other dudes about all of their dates was probably in middle school. On the internet, a select lothario does it quite often.

Only on the internet.

bigmack
01-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Well, ya got me there. :lol: Talk about walkin' right into it.

Touché, Hombre.

So anyway, I get a cawl on Friday from this Brazilian woman....

thaskalos
01-29-2012, 08:00 PM
I think there is a certain element of craziness online that most people will never encounter in person.

For example, I've never met anyone that talks like they are Fonzie from Happy Days in person. On the internet I have.

The last time I saw a guy brag to a bunch of other dudes about all of their dates was probably in middle school. On the internet, a select lothario does it quite often.

Only on the internet.
When the man is right...the man is right! :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
01-29-2012, 08:12 PM
In the discussions I have with groups of people in person, they can be even nuttier.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8KqCziCKzy8/TdF6ZC4Bo-I/AAAAAAAAAUc/44V8DD8gR_w/s1600/one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest.jpg

johnhannibalsmith
01-29-2012, 08:14 PM

Only on the internet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just mad you beat me to it and phrased it better than I ever could have.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
01-29-2012, 08:20 PM
On a serious note... wait... :lol: :lol: .... okay, responding to the question...

For a while I was sort of like one of those Bill O'Reilly types and every other stodgy grump with this opinion that the anonymity of the internet was an awful thing and that people got away with saying things they wouldn't ordinarily.

Then I came to realize that unless you are in a group of two and the other person sees things just about exactly the same way, hardly anybody says anything honestly anymore in person. Not that it is always a bad thing, but quite honestly (thanks to my pseudo-anonymity) I just about have to read the anonymous ramblings of people I don't know to see an honest answer or response to anything anymore.

bigmack
01-29-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm just mad you beat me to it and phrased it better than I ever could have.
I forgets the name of the film but some guy had 'an event' with his wife and another woman. Next day he gets on the phone as we see him dialing: You're not gonna believe what happened to me last night, he says. I had sex with my wife and another woman ....What's that? No, I don't want to order a pizza, I just had to tell someone and I couldn't tell anyone I know.

I haven't the slightest idea how I got on that jag of late but I'll kibosh.

The dude abides.

johnhannibalsmith
01-29-2012, 08:26 PM
...I haven't the slightest idea how I got on that jag of late but I'll kibosh.

I think it all stems from the thread about Mike and Bruce on the Pickers show.

:kiss:

bigmack
01-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I think it all stems from the thread about Mike and Bruce on the Pickers show.

:kiss:
Why you, I oughta...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jwwnrrY3vak/Tb2_HmcBCwI/AAAAAAAABDI/tw1V0wMWWas/s1600/moe2.jpg

Dint I mention something about being scientifically found 'uber hetero' so I cou'nt be homophobic? Bad batch of crack.