PDA

View Full Version : RsPos Running Styles

romonadam
01-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Is anyone familar with Jim Cramer's RsPos Running Styles? I have read two documents which are in conflict. I have two questions.

1) One document states a horse must be on the lead at 1st call to be assigned the Early (E) style, but there is an exception if the horse is within 1/4 length wearing blinkers. The other document does not mention a blinkers exception. Does RsPos use the blinkers exception at 1st call or has it been deleted?

2) Both documents state that a horse must be on the lead from gate to wire to be assigned the Early (E) style, with the one document that allows for the blinkers exception at 1st call. What if a horse leads at 1st call but is off the pace at 2nd call, leads at stretch call, and then wins? Is this horse now assigned an Early Presser (EP) style because it did not lead at each call? Neither document clarifies this situation between the E and EP.

Thanks!

Tom
01-28-2012, 05:01 PM
1. I don't recall the blinkers thing.
2. I always go by the first time the horse gets qualified, even if it loses ground after that.

Question for you - how do you deal with the fact that it rare to find a horse with three wins showing in it's PPs to use?

Well, I am wrong, I went to the website and it is within 1/4 length at the first call. that is right from the RsPos site.

romonadam
01-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks for your reply.

If you go into www.rspos.com/rspos_desc.html (http://www.rspos.com/rspos_desc.html) and www.rspos.com/rsposinto.html (http://www.rspos.com/rsposinto.html) you can print the two articles re RsPos. The first article mentions the blinkers exception, except the 1/4 length should be neck. The 1st call never uses a 1/4 length for the horse running 2nd. He can be off the pace by a head, neck or 1/2 length. Since neither article is dated, I do not know which is more accurate.

You do not need 3 winning races to determine running style. If the last 10 races show only one win use it. If it shows two wins use those two wins. Start at the most recent race and move back using up to the last 3 winning races but never more than 3 wins. If the races indicate multiple running styles, then use the the "farthest back" running style. For example, if the wins indicate an E and P, then label the horse a P.

I have read about 25 handicapping books and every one states a rule but when they give an example many times they violate that rule.

Also, rspos has a web site and forum but they require a person to request an ID. I have requested an ID several times with no response.