PDA

View Full Version : Your Day Just Got Worse

HUSKER55
01-27-2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46160046/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/

our country is letting the tail wag the dog. if the courts are going to let this stand then get ALL Relegion out of ALL schools and that includes Islam.

if nothing else forward a letter to your congressman and let them know. this nonsense has got to stop.

they was us to respect their wishes so when do they respect ours?

JustRalph
01-27-2012, 10:28 AM
She went all out for attention on this one ............

Grits
01-27-2012, 10:44 AM

Think you're right. This child needs to stick to her love of Harry Potter and FaceBook. :faint:

johnhannibalsmith
01-27-2012, 10:47 AM

And she's being poked and prodded and propped up by adults that see her as a perfect vehicle to do their dirty work.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-27-2012, 10:54 AM
I read the article online at least 45 minutes ago, and I'm still quite upset. Maybe I'll post later after I'm done working.

Grits
01-27-2012, 10:56 AM
And she's being poked and prodded and propped up by adults that see her as a perfect vehicle to do their dirty work.

The money that backed her lawsuit--given anonymously by an adult. How cowardly is that? While the child keeps rattling on. No wonder her classmates are calling her ugly names like idiot.

Tom
01-27-2012, 11:02 AM
It is stupid.
And justice that interprets that as a violation of the Constitution is a moron and needs to be removed from the the bench.

I would go as far to say making them remove it is a VIOLATION of the constitution.

I find it gratifying the that little bitch will go to Hell, though. Hell was made for people like her.

boxcar
01-27-2012, 11:03 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46160046/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/

our country is letting the tail wag the dog. if the courts are going to let this stand then get ALL Relegion out of ALL schools and that includes Islam.

if nothing else forward a letter to your congressman and let them know. this nonsense has got to stop.

they was us to respect their wishes so when do they respect ours?

Funny how the far left seems to think that they have some kind of right to never be offended in life. And once again: Why can't this atheist tolerate other people's beliefs? Why is she so narrow-minded, not to mention bigoted? Little does this misguided girl realize that her level of intolerance, ironically, puts her on the same plane with Islamofascists.

Boxcar

boxcar
01-27-2012, 11:08 AM
It is stupid.
And justice that interprets that as a violation of the Constitution is a moron and needs to be removed from the the bench.

I would go as far to say making them remove it is a VIOLATION of the constitution.

I find it gratifying the that little bitch will go to Hell, though. Hell was made for people like her.

And the megabytes of irony is that there are no atheists in hell. Hell is filled with believers who came to faith too late. It's no wonder the psalmist wrote, "The fool says in his heart, there is no God."

Boxcar

FantasticDan
01-27-2012, 11:12 AM
From the article:

Last March, at a rancorous meeting that Judge Ronald R. Lagueux of United States District Court in Providence described in his ruling as resembling “a religious revival,” the school board voted 4-3 to keep the prayer.

zrzMhU_4m-g

serp
01-27-2012, 11:31 AM
This obviously has emotions running high as people are taking it as an affront to their own beliefs. I wonder though.. if this were an islamic prayer posted at a school would you want it to stay as well?

I can see there being an argument that the prayer was part of the history of the school since it has been there so long. But that doesn't seem to be the argument people are making. They just jump to the girl being evil because she doesn't believe the same thing they believe.

Tom
01-27-2012, 11:55 AM
No, she is free to believe whatever she wants.
But she believes HER feelings are more important than those of the majority. That makes a little bitch.

Who the Hell does she think she is?

TJDave
01-27-2012, 12:00 PM
There will always be religion practiced in public schools.

Typically, right before a math test. ;)

HUSKER55
01-27-2012, 12:17 PM
bragart,....you for got chemistry and physics :p :D

mostpost
01-27-2012, 02:47 PM
From the article:

Last March, at a rancorous meeting that Judge Ronald R. Lagueux of United States District Court in Providence described in his ruling as resembling “a religious revival,” the school board voted 4-3 to keep the prayer.

zrzMhU_4m-g

Oh, No!! Not another video of a tea Party rally.

Tom
01-27-2012, 02:58 PM
No, mostie, it's a Pelsoi family reunion.
See all the humps?

mostpost
01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
The argument is being made that the prayer contains secular values that people hold dear. so why not rewrite it to reflect those values without the religious overtones.
i.e.
We, the students of Cranston High School, each in our own way and each
With respect for the ways of others, strive to do our best to grow mentally and
morally as well as physically. To be kind and helpful to our classmates and
Teachers. To be honest with ourselves as well as with others. We recognize the
Need for cheerfulness and good sportsmanship win or lose. We strive to realize
The value of true friendship and always conduct ourselves so as to bring credit
To Cranston High School West.

In doing these things, we draw strength and wisdom from varying, equally
Valid sources and from each other.

May not be perfect but you get the idea. The fact is having such a prayer in a public school is a violation of the Constitution.

Comment number two: The Democratic state representative who called Jessica "an evil little thing" is a rectal opening.

Comment number three: Jessica became an atheist because she prayed for something when she was ten and did not get it. Seriously Jessica? Isn't that rather self centered? I long ago lost count of the things I prayed for and did not get. I still believe.

God does not give you everything you pray for. In fact, I think God doesn't give you anything you pray for, but he will show you the way and nudge you along so you can get it yourself if you are able.

johnhannibalsmith
01-27-2012, 03:57 PM
The argument is being made that the prayer contains secular values that people hold dear. so why not rewrite it to reflect those values without the religious overtones.
i.e.

May not be perfect but you get the idea. The fact is having such a prayer in a public school is a violation of the Constitution.

Comment number two: The Democratic state representative who called Jessica "an evil little thing" is a rectal opening.

Comment number three: Jessica became an atheist because she prayed for something when she was ten and did not get it. Seriously Jessica? Isn't that rather self centered? I long ago lost count of the things I prayed for and did not get. I still believe.

God does not give you everything you pray for. In fact, I think God doesn't give you anything you pray for, but he will show you the way and nudge you along so you can get it yourself if you are able.

I agree with just about everything here. I don't necessarily think that they should even be in a position to re-write anything or remove anything because there is just no reason for an atheist to be offended by the mere presence of some religious reference. It's silly.

If you were forced to recite it every day or were discriminated against for openly disagreeing with the text then that's one thing. But just to be intolerant of non-intrusive religious symbols or text because you aren't a believer is the definition of insensitive and insulting. She's picking a fight that doesn't need to be fought and her teenage immaturity can be excused - the immaturity of those acting vicariously through her cannot be.

I subscribe to no particular religion and Boxcar says that I'm Godless. I can't even begin to think that I would cause this much commotion about someone else's faith simply because I don't share it, regardless of context.

Tom
01-28-2012, 10:08 AM

No it isn't. Forcing them to remove it is a violation.