PDA

View Full Version : So I'm hoping/praying that the pugs win one or both houses...cause

sammy the sage
01-26-2012, 08:13 PM
they sure as dog-poo ain't winning the white house...stalemate looks like BEST case scenerio in my book.

HUSKER55
01-26-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't see it either!

newtothegame
01-26-2012, 11:44 PM
I don't see it either!
I understand your guys feelings and sometimes I think the same thing. But, with that being said, what seriously does BO have to run on???
That hope and change crap isn't going to win the day again.
Healthcare???
I just don't see a lot he has to run on and the negative numbers that this economy keeps producing will be slammed down his throat everytime he opens his mouth.
Unless you all are suggesting that both sides will be so negative it will be the less of two negatives that wins?????
Even then, BO has a lot of negatives!

boxcar
01-27-2012, 12:02 AM
I understand your guys feelings and sometimes I think the same thing. But, with that being said, what seriously does BO have to run on???
Healthcare???
I just don't see a lot he has to run on and the negative numbers that this economy keeps producing will be slammed down his throat everytime he opens his mouth.
Unless you all are suggesting that both sides will be so negative it will be the less of two negatives that wins?????

And by the time BO get through with Rom, if he gets the nom, Rom will have twice as many as BO. :lol: :lol: Smoke and mirrors and false promises were what got BO elected the first time. Since he did it once, he could do it again.

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
01-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Healthcare???

Santorum finally came out of his coma tonight and challenged Romney on healthcare and contrary to what Geraldo de le Mackawhackenberg says, the one thing that should be Obama's undoing will be a no sale coming from Romney if Santorum could bust him up that easily. I don't care about Romney's wealth or his Swiss accounts, but it's a lay-up for Obama howling his class warfare mantra. Economy? Taxes? Again, every time Romney attacks Obama policy, he gets stuffed with being a spokesperson for the 1%. Romney says foreign policy and Obama says bin Laden. Romney says immigration and Obama says self-deportation and grandma.

Obama may not have anything tangible to run on, but I really think he crushes Romney when the two hook up. Romney really is a punching bag on many of the issues that separate him from Obama. Romney barely holds his own against niche candidates like Paul and Santorum, while teeter-tottering in favorability against Gingrich who almost nobody actually likes.

Romney is really going to flatter Obama... independents and the like that don't care for either are sitting out or will be swayed by Romney to vote for Obama.

(gotta play the anti-Geraldo de la role here) :p

Tom
01-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Romney needs to watch Regan's campaign and take that root - three core principals and nothing else. He gets to involved in peripheral BS. He has to come across ass totally focused on the three main conservative principals.
Regan overcame once being a democrat!!!

Newt needs to come home from the moon. Or go there and stay.:rolleyes:

elysiantraveller
01-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Romney was very good last night. Good enough to effectively end this nomination process.

Santorum too was great but it's too little too late.

JustRalph
01-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Obama doesn't need to run on anything. The country is divided between takers and makers. There are more takers than makers and that settles the score.

I would be surprised if Obama loses. All he has to do is stand up and promise more of the same.

Tom
01-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Yup. Those who prefer to have it handed to them outnumber Real Americans now.

hcap
01-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Gee, just a month ago you guys were So-o-o-o-o sure of a rethug sweep and the return of imperial rome, or at least circa 1890

Wha' happened?

Tom
01-27-2012, 09:44 AM
We let the morons keep debating. :rolleyes:

I think the senate is still a strong possibility.

I still think a real conservative is going to step forward and take the nomination. If one does, it could seal the deal.

Better hope I'm right, hcap - America will not survive another 4 years of Obama. Bank on it.

ceejay
01-27-2012, 10:09 AM
I still think a real conservative is going to step forward and take the nomination. If one does, it could seal the deal.

And who do you think that might be? The product of a brokered convention?

ArlJim78
01-27-2012, 10:15 AM
things will look a lot different in 4-5 months. once its one Republican versus Obama the whole mood will change. No way Obama wins, even though I can't stand Romney I do think even he'll beat Obama.

johnhannibalsmith
01-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Romney was very good last night. Good enough to effectively end this nomination process.

Santorum too was great but it's too little too late.

I thought Mitt was very effective in his battle with Gingrich, effectively jamming up Newt's momentum. But I really didn't come away thinking that Mitt himself did particularly well in a broad sense. Newt was out of sync constantly, but it was interesting to see that he subtly seemed to be courting the Paul supporters every chance he got. He must have said "Dr. Paul is right" or "I agree with Dr. Paul" at almost every opportunity.

I'm just sort of curious where people thought Mitt was strong in the debate other than not getting railroaded by Newt again. Of course, CNN basically wanted to make it a cage match between the two, so maybe playing better defense is actually a strong debate... just seemed to me like the two "stars" were both almost irrelevant with Santorum and Paul able to actually promote themselves and policy while the other two tried to weather the storm all night.

PaceAdvantage
01-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Gee, just a month ago you guys were So-o-o-o-o sure of a rethug sweep and the return of imperial rome, or at least circa 1890

Wha' happened? This, again, is patently false...how many times are you counting bigmack? :lol:

elysiantraveller
01-27-2012, 11:16 AM

Wha' happened?

A few on here did that but not all.

If the economy doesn't improve this year Obama is out. If it improves he stays.

Its about that simple.