PDA

View Full Version : No Prix d' Amerique

Pacingguy
01-26-2012, 11:24 AM
This year, 4NJBETS may not have coverage of the Prix d' Amerique. It seems that until Monmouth is sold, NJSEA is still runing 4NJBETS. Since a thorougbred person is determining what is getting added to the schedule, he probably doesn't know what the Prix is.

They are inquiring if it can be added, but I am not confident. In the meanwhile, for those who have access to wagering, here is my analysis of the Prix d' Amerique. (http://viewfromthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2012/01/field-set-for-prix-d-amerique-analysis.html)

LottaKash
01-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Pacinguy, as you well know, many years ago they used to hold the "International Trot" at the now defunct Roosevelt Raceway, in Westbury, LI...Many horses, especially the really good ones used to ship here for that event, as well as other Trotting Features....Since tho, American Harness fans have lost interest in the comings and goings of foreign horseracing....And, for me too, the only time I get interested in Euro Harness, is when an American Trotter ships to there for a Big Race...

Too bad tho, for harness racing and us...I always enjoyed those events..

Still, 18 horses in a race from a standing start, yuck...haha...More luck than skill, I'd say...

But thx for the head's up anyway....

P.S. nice website, and a great race analysis....:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

best,

erikeepper
01-27-2012, 02:07 AM
I wouldnt say more luck than skill. I profit nicely from french harness. It is just a different kind of playing field :)

LottaKash
01-27-2012, 07:53 AM
I wouldnt say more luck than skill. I profit nicely from french harness. It is just a different kind of playing field :)

I'd have to agree with you Erik, but my silly little point was; if you are not familiar with the sport the way it is played in Europe, one would be at a distinct disadvantge, at least at first, and/or until, they got the hang of the game the way it is played there....

In fact Mark Cramer, from what I understand of his exploits at French Harness, did quite well there before coming back home to live...MC was and still is a great fan and player of Harness Racing, despite his fame and prowess as a T-bred player....

On another note, famous author, Ernest Hemingway when he called France his home for a bit, was also a great handicapper there....In fact that was how he earned his living for awhile..

Myself, when I was in Germany in the mid-60's, I was to "Dagfling" raceway in Munich, a time or two....I was quite amazed at the standing starts, and the rubber bands that were stretched across the track that separated the various class' and groups of horses just before the start of the race...

I was very lucky to win each time I was there....I swore I was the best handicapper alive back then, haha...

But, American harness gives you much more data to work with from the past performance programs.....Given this my point is, one would have to learn to do things a bit differently playing in Europe, I think.....I would say watching replays and/or finding someone who could do that for you would add much to what may be lacking in the program....So, for me, trying to go cold into a race with 18 or so horses, and being given scant information in the PP's, and the horses racing from a standing start, I would probably be a bit clueless...haha...

Even in the states, I wouldn't play a race with 18 horses in it, not harness-races at least...:eek: ...It would be like rush hour in and around a big city...

M1, has been testing 1-1/2 mile races with 15 entrants lately, not for me bub...

best,

P.S......Still, as s in any horse-sport, the more you know, hey ?

erikeepper
01-27-2012, 08:57 AM
I agree with everything you said! :)

I sometimes envy you guys with all the data you have there! But hey, maybe thats why the game is so hard to beat in USA. Here, it is piece of cake actually :ThmbUp: (a small exaggeration)

And you are right on the money when you said video archives and replays are your best friend in Europe. I use visual handicapping a lot.

One more thing about french harness. You can eliminate lot of horses just by looking the warm-ups. The horses, because of the very demanding and long races, are usually pretty worn and you can eliminate some of them per race because they are trotting badly (don't know how you say it in english but I mean they do not look good and are just about to gallop - which is bad in harness trotting hehe). I wouldn't play french harness unless I could see the warm-ups. Big part of the game. Of course in Prix d'Amerique all the horses are great looking but I mean in the normal races.

LottaKash
01-27-2012, 10:28 AM
I agree with everything you said! :)

I sometimes envy you guys with all the data you have there! But hey, maybe thats why the game is so hard to beat in USA. Here, it is piece of cake actually :ThmbUp: (a small exaggeration)

And you are right on the money when you said video archives and replays are your best friend in Europe. I use visual handicapping a lot.

One more thing about french harness. You can eliminate lot of horses just by looking the warm-ups. The horses, because of the very demanding and long races, are usually pretty worn and you can eliminate some of them per race because they are trotting badly (don't know how you say it in english but I mean they do not look good and are just about to gallop - which is bad in harness trotting hehe). I wouldn't play french harness unless I could see the warm-ups. Big part of the game. Of course in Prix d'Amerique all the horses are great looking but I mean in the normal races.

Very interesting Erik....Thanks, I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts and insights into an area that most American harness horseplayers, are more or less clueless about... It is refreshing to hear about another player's particular way of going at the Harness Racing Game, that takes place in another realm, with a cast of charachters, protocols, and traditions, that are common, yet different in many ways, than harness racing across each side of the pond...

P.S....If you have anything else to share about harness racing in France, feel free, please......I am all eyes and ears to that...

best,

Pacingguy
01-27-2012, 06:48 PM
I have been informed that 4NJBETS will be covering the entire Prix d'Amerique raced card from Vincennes-Paris this Sunday morning. At this point I am unaware as to when the programs will (if) be made available and what time the first race will be held.

This will be video streaming and wagering. From what I understand, this will not be offered at the Meadowlands itself. I am not aware if it will be offered at Favorites, though I doubt it.

Once I know particulars I will let you know.

Pacingguy
01-27-2012, 07:19 PM
http://www.zone-turf.fr/

Type the individual horses names in there and you get a whole bunch of stats. Drill down a little further and you get the results from the recent races. You can filter by standing start, mobile start, regular racing, or under saddle.

I for myself think we need to get more like the European racing (better past performances are needed), but I like the variety and the number of horses.

LottaKash
01-27-2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.zone-turf.fr/

Type the individual horses names in there and you get a whole bunch of stats. Drill down a little further and you get the results from the recent races. You can filter by standing start, mobile start, regular racing, or under saddle.

I for myself think we need to get more like the European racing (better past performances are needed), but I like the variety and the number of horses.

PG, thx for the stuff, I will take a looksee, and see....:ThmbUp:

best,

Pacingguy
01-27-2012, 08:20 PM
The site above has the program online. I am trying to print but don't know how it will come out. http://www.zone-turf.fr/programmes/demain/#top works now, but that is for the future card. The link will change a little as we get closer.

njcurveball
01-27-2012, 11:41 PM
This year, 4NJBETS may not have coverage of the Prix d' Amerique. It seems that until Monmouth is sold, NJSEA is still runing 4NJBETS. Since a thorougbred person is determining what is getting added to the schedule, he probably doesn't know what the Prix is.

Don't be so sure it is a thoroughbred guy. They knew nothing about the Melbourne Cup and scratched almost all of the field horses on their live feed.

I think it is basically someone who will add a track when one of their big bettors requests it. I guess none of their big bettors like French Harness Racing.

Oskar
01-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Ready Cash made it two in a row.

http://standardbredcanada.ca/news/1-29-12/ready-cash-repeats-90th-prix-damerique.html