PDA

View Full Version : Hip pain remedies?

jognlope
01-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Hard or soft mattress? At what point is hip replacement necessary. I can walk okay, but standing not always. I can't take ibuprofen, even with a meal, get stomach cramps.

Tom
01-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Alleve works great.

Grits
01-25-2012, 11:35 PM
Stay out of the South, too much humidity. Makes it worse.

We do have lots of rednecks that cook meth though. That should help your hip pain.:lol:

Note: Jog, all of this is in reference to your comment of being glad you left the South. I kinda still like it here. Fewer loud mouth Yankees. :lol:

If you can walk, by the way, you certainly don't need hip surgery. How old are you?

Robert Goren
01-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Hard or soft mattress? At what point is hip replacement necessary. I can walk okay, but standing not always. I can't take ibuprofen, even with a meal, get stomach cramps.See a doctor. They have really really good presciption pain pills these days. My girl friend gets a shot every 4 months or so. She is a different person after the shot. For the record, Alleve is ibuprofen.

Grits
01-25-2012, 11:48 PM
See a doctor. They have really really good presciption pain pills these days.

That's right, RG, just ask old Rush, he used to eat 'em like M&M's. Handful at the time.

Robert Goren
01-26-2012, 12:07 AM
That's right, RG, just ask old Rush, he used to eat 'em like M&M's. Handful at the time.I assuming jognlope is not an idiot like Rush and will use them as directed. I have no use for people who think they know more than doctors and increase their dosages on their own. None. Besides there are other and maybe better drugs for pain than Oxy out there these days. Medicine is making giant strides every day.

maddog42
01-26-2012, 12:25 AM
That's right, RG, just ask old Rush, he used to eat 'em like M&M's. Handful at the time.

Grits you got more guts than you can hang on a fence. Making reference to Rush's pharmaceutical tendencies will get you roasted on this board. I know from experience.

Grits
01-26-2012, 12:35 AM
I assuming jognlope is not an idiot like Rush and will use them as directed. I have no use for people who think they know more than doctors and increase their dosages on their own. None. Besides there are other and maybe better drugs for pain than Oxy out there these days. Medicine is making giant strides every day.

RG, I was JOKING! Lighten up.

Get a fentanyl patch and call me in the morning. My fee's $150.

(I'm still joking, RG!)

Grits
01-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Grits you got more guts than you can hang on a fence. Making reference to Rush's pharmaceutical tendencies will get you roasted on this board. I know from experience.

Mad, I love this one, I've never, ever heard it. Its a good one, Southern and all. ;)

I don't care if Rush was a Benedictine monk, honey, he was still a drug addict. Bottom line. Clean now. Good for him. But, he wuz, what he wuz. :lol:

maddog42
01-26-2012, 12:42 AM
Mad, I love this one, I've never, ever heard it. Its a good one, Southern and all. ;)

I don't care if Rush was a Benedictine monk, honey, he was still a drug addict. Bottom line. Clean now. Good for him. But, he wuz, what he wuz. :lol:

Ditto.

johnhannibalsmith
01-26-2012, 01:10 AM
... For the record, Alleve is ibuprofen.

No it isn't, it's naproxen.

bigmack
01-26-2012, 01:14 AM
No it isn't, it's naproxen.
Now we got one of them EXperts on the scene. Dyno! (that's short for dynamite)

So how 'bout throwin' your sombrero into the suggestion ring. Whatcha think; Dilaudid drip, stat?

johnhannibalsmith
01-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Hard or soft mattress? At what point is hip replacement necessary. I can walk okay, but standing not always. I can't take ibuprofen, even with a meal, get stomach cramps.

I can't tolerate ibuprofen either, Aleve (naproxen) has no effect on me, so I take acetaminophen (Tylenol), which I think I am immune to anyway. If you are looking for some mild relief, I use topical analgesic patches sold as Salonpas.

They certainly are no wonder drug/treatment, but I find that they provide at least as much mild, short-term relief when I'm really feeling rough as the crappy pills do.

With my knees I can spider bandage ice or heat if I need to, my back I can use a pad if I'm not doing anything. Hips on the other hand are just impossible. Almost no way to use any remedy other than a pill, especially if you aren't immobilized, which is why I like to use the adhesive patches.

johnhannibalsmith
01-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Now we got one of them EXperts on the scene. ...

Yeah, I may not know a whole lot but between having horses and my own corpse, I'm fairly handy with pain therapy... :D

bigmack
01-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I may not know a whole lot but between having horses and my own corpse, I'm fairly handy with pain therapy... :D
So I bump into this guy that I knew from a woman years ago...Whatevah...

I says to him, I says: So how ya doin'?
He says to me, he says: OK, I guess. Had surgery a while back on my hips.
I says to him, I says: Ohh. Heard that can be painfuel.
He says to me, he says: Yeah. It's real terrible but I eat brownies and it heps.

I got his drift 'cause I saw something on TV.

Even though I believe marijuana causes hallucinations and brain damage, can you advise jognlope on such treatment or know if said treatment can be beneficial?

johnhannibalsmith
01-26-2012, 01:53 AM
Even though I believe marijuana causes hallucinations and brain damage, can you advise jognlope on such treatment or know if said treatment can be beneficial?

I can't use marijuana. I value my racing licenses too much to even chance smoking a doobie and then spending thirty days worrying about getting dragged in to piss in a cup.

With that said, I certainly have and probably would if it were legal and permitted as part of the drug policy. I do have some of my own reservations about considering marijuana a legitimate pain killer for clinical pain.

I do think it probably helps some users with pain, but probably more as a result of it's sedative property - refocusing (maybe distracting more accurately) the brain, if you will, and I'm sure it helps those of us that have difficulty falling and staying asleep because of the mind's preoccupation with pain.

I'm no scientist nor pharmacologist but I just have this belief that sometimes the biggest contributor to pain is feeling like crap in general... and marijuana tends to halt that contributor and reverse it. Or so I've heard. :rolleyes:

Greyfox
01-26-2012, 01:55 AM
Aleve + swimming in water (or light exercising in water)

bigmack
01-26-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm no scientist nor pharmacologist but I just have this belief that sometimes the biggest contributor to pain is feeling like crap in general... and marijuana tends to halt that contributor and reverse it. Or so I've heard. :rolleyes:
Somehow, I'm drawn to some eloquence in there but 'halt that contributor and reverse it' threw me for a loop.

As someone who has lived fairly pain free and has never spent a day in the hospital...You're saying pain is exaggerated by an overall malaise from feeling that pain?

johnhannibalsmith
01-26-2012, 02:18 AM
...As someone who has lived fairly pain free and has never spent a day in the hospital...You're saying pain is exaggerated by an overall malaise from feeling that pain?

I would probably edit out the last part - "from feeling that pain" - just that pain can be a symptom of general malaise and existing pain independent of "mood" can be exaggerated. Maybe it's a simple gland/hormone thang - that the same secretions associated with a better mood also help cope with sensations of pain. Who the hell knows. It's just another cockamamie theory from someone that specializes in them.

Although, I do notice that a lot of these television pharmaceutical infomercials that claim to work as pain management seem to be anti-depressants - so maybe it's got some legs.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2012, 02:59 AM
Making reference to Rush's pharmaceutical tendencies will get you roasted on this board. I know from experience.Here's betting she won't get roasted.

You guys suck at handicapping this board.

Robert Goren
01-26-2012, 05:33 AM
I like I said to start out with. See a doctor. That shot my girl friend get works wonders. She is back to normal for 3 months and then it wears off. She just goes back a gets another. You really should see a doctor, Hip pain can because by a lot of things. My mother had lower back pain. She fooled around because she hated doctors. By the time she finally gave in and saw a doctor, it was too late. He had cancer. If she had gone in 6 months earlier they might have been able to save her.

HUSKER55
01-26-2012, 07:43 AM
my landlady had arthritus is both her hips and had the sockets replaced. The surgury went really well and now she can walk better, faster, longer and farther than she ever did. She wishes she had done it years ago.

she is 70 and she went back to work.

My advise is see a doctor and check out the surgury.

She takes maybe 3 tylenol a day.

We have a medical college here in Milwaukee and her doctor knew one of the surgons who teaches. That is who she got and medicare paid for it. The exercise regime that follows for 6 weeks was 4x a day and took about 45 minutes.

But the benefits were astounding! Check it out.

JMHO

jognlope
01-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Wish I could take Aleve.

jognlope
01-26-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm scared of surgery right now and I'm not at that stage (yet). It's true about some antidepressants for pain. Also antidepressants for GERD. Elavil is prescribed for neuralgia and similar pain.

jognlope
01-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Grits, only that I've had a yucky experience with my old high school friends (some of them) since Obama was elected and things have not changed in that little town. Of course I have good memories of the south, a beautiful area Tidewater VA. And actually moving to Boston, the racism was worse and I was, yep, taken aback.

sammy the sage
01-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Osteo Bi-plex...TRIPLE strength only...should notice improvement in 10-14 days...can get at Wally world or Walgreens or CVS...

2 different doctor's recommended...if you don't need surgery...then this will help...ALOT....if you do need surgery...then s.o.l....

BO.L.

BlueShoe
01-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Being my contrarian self, seem to be a somewhat unusual old guy in that I take no medications whatsover, prescription or over the counter, on a regular basis, and never have. Firmly believe that is why I am still here and in reasonably good health. Do have arthritis pain in a few places, including hips, but would never take any of the over the counter pain killers such as Aleve or Tylenol on a regular basis. Am very wary of any drug, just too many bad side effects. Just as bad or worse is a drug that a doctor suggests. I am rather like an old ouchy racehorse; once I am on the track and loosen up a bit am good to go. Can still walk a mile at a very fast pace without stopping and two or three at a slower one, so surgery and/or harmful drugs still seems to be a bit in the future.

cj's dad
01-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Speaking here from experience.

Have the surgery, it's no big deal. The pain killers will only mask the problem. Walking WILL become a problem as will your knee buckling randomly due to lack of support at the hip. This obviously can become dangerous when on a flight of stairs.

The operation is quite common now and from what I have been told is as in all things in the med field, being improved upon constantly. No more 20" scar down the thigh, 8 hours on the operating table, 2 weeks in re-hab etc...

The sooner you get it done, the better off you will be.

Good Luck !!

maddog42
01-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Here's betting she won't get roasted.

You guys suck at handicapping this board.

Yeah you're right. I forgot how light, cheery and tolerant the Rushies are on this
board, much like their Guru. I apologize.

Tom
01-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Osteo Bi-plex...TRIPLE strength only...should notice improvement in 10-14 days...can get at Wally world or Walgreens or CVS...

2 different doctor's recommended...if you don't need surgery...then this will help...ALOT....if you do need surgery...then s.o.l....

BO.L.

Be careful with this type of medication - the glucosimine in them can be dangerous if you have high blood sugar.

jognlope
01-26-2012, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't take it cuz of that reason and can't it raise WBC with the chondroitin?

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions.

sammy the sage
01-26-2012, 09:52 AM
That's why you take cinnamon pills when you eat...they regulate blood sugar...

jognlope
01-26-2012, 09:55 AM
I just had the gallbladder surgery. Can't do a hip right now. It's better today!

I can still ride (with comfort stirrups) and gel pad in saddle seat. I suppose I will be getting it on left once I have Medicare (not too far from now, boohoo).

johnhannibalsmith
01-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Wish I could take Aleve.

Do you have a problem with naproxen too? Again, it is NOT ibuprofen. I have friends that like Tom think it is by far the best OTC. You should definitely try it if you haven't.

jognlope
01-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Yeh think naproxen should be okay, although my tummy is so sensitive. I could probably drink some milk and take a couple Tums with it. Even if the Tums masks the effect a little, would be better than nothing.

Ginger and turmeric, I forgot, for arthritis help. Dr Oz mentioned and I have read it on good health web sites. I think I had almost no pain that week I had ginger snaps from the food coop, but I gained 2 pounds. I put it in my coffee, not too bad if you add sugar. Or make your own little ginger ale drink.

Thanks again. I feel better just getting feedback!!!

johnhannibalsmith
01-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Yeh think naproxen should be okay, although my tummy is so sensitive. I could probably drink some milk and take a couple Tums with it. ...

Naproxen falls into the same "category" as ibuprofen as an NSAID, but it is a different active. The possibility is that it MAY bother your gut as most NSAIDs have that capacity, but in my own case and those of most that I know, naproxen isn't nearly as harsh as ibuprofen.

I would also suggest trying a PPI, Prilosec being the most common, as opposed to an antacid like Tums to manage the "tummy" reaction.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Yeah you're right. I forgot how light, cheery and tolerant the Rushies are on this
board, much like their Guru. I apologize. See how badly you suck at prognostication? How long should we wait before we can declare her "roast free" and you WRONG once again about how this place rolls?

elysiantraveller
01-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Speaking here from experience.

Have the surgery, it's no big deal. The pain killers will only mask the problem. Walking WILL become a problem as will your knee buckling randomly due to lack of support at the hip. This obviously can become dangerous when on a flight of stairs.

I would agree. Get it done sooner than later if possible. I have people getting knees and hips re-done all the time and almost always the regret is not getting it done sooner.

FYI.

Grits
01-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Jog, I'm gonna talk to you like a friend. I'm tough, I know, but my intent is one of concern. Promise. If you can ride a horse, honey, you ain't a candidate for hip replacement. You need to suck it up, and just go the drugstore, get OTC meds, patches, etc, and stay out of the doctor's office for as long as you can. Medicare or not.

IF, I could still walk and still ride. I would exhaust every single direction I could. If I was overweight, if I was not riding on a regular basis or doing some sort of exercise three times a week, at least, walking, swimming as Greyfox noted, swimming is good, not high impact like cardio, aerobics, eliptical machine, etc--there's no way on earth I would be taken into surgery to be cut on. Not for any reason.

My older brother is 63. He drives 3 or 4 days a week covering a two state area in his work. He's not a pound overweight. He had his hip replaced five years ago, after relying on gold shots for pain every few months. GOLD, we should tell Lambo, he'll store it up, in his body. He'll like that.:lol: They became a no go, doctors stopped them due to their dangerous side effects. His surgery went fine, rehab went fine, he did what he was told. All went well.

Prior to the surgery, he didn't exercise in anyway. Still to this day, doesn't do what his surgeon told him to eliminate problems down the road. Watches tv all weekend. Will sit on a riding mower, that's it. Won't bag and empty the grass clippings--too much lifting there. I'm talking, he won't even do the darn weedeating. He sits, he cooks on the grill on the weekend--that's it. My sister in law does every thing around the house, along with the cooking. She (foolish woman) waits on him hand and foot, its pitiful.

Nowadays, he whines about his back, hell, maybe he'll have that replaced next, whiner that he's been all his life. Me, his only sister? I don't cut him a bit of slack, makes him mad as fire, him being the extreme, weenie whiner, that he is. He was born whining, the only man I know with a 63 year case of colic. Born with it, still got it.:lol:

Do I exercise like I should? Nope, but I move enough and I ain't running to the doctor all the time with every ache. My brother can't cope with much of anything. :faint: :lol: :faint:

maddog42
01-26-2012, 11:40 AM
See how badly you suck at prognostication? How long should we wait before we can declare her "roast free" and you WRONG once again about how this place rolls?

I was wrong and you were right. How's that? This place is extremely tolerant of differences of opinion.

jognlope
01-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Well the way I ride is pretty light, I'm the jog queen. But I moved him to a barn where there is a big nice roping arena so I wanted to cut loose and he is long strided and the stirrups were too short and I he had been sitting for months eating and his belly was a bit wide and if you talk to riders that's one sure bet for hip pain, a wide horse. I hadn't gotten the comfort stirrups and I was using hiking boots cuz I hadn't gotten the proper riding shoes. It's me own damn fault!

But you're right. I've lost 15 pounds, a few more to go, gonna do the fast walking, that works pretty good, small meals. I think it's the coiled futon, gotta get one of those foam pads that is corrugated.

Greyfox
01-26-2012, 11:41 AM
IF, I could still walk and still ride. I would exhaust every single direction I could.

:ThmbUp: Surgery for anything should be a last resort after all other avenues have been explored.
Those who've had hip replacements generally report how wonderful they feel.
However, it is a very last alternative to consider.

cj's dad
01-26-2012, 11:47 AM
One last thought:

Hips do not regenerate themselves. Once one hits the point of no return it is over. Jog will know when that is.

maddog42
01-26-2012, 12:28 PM
See how badly you suck at prognostication? How long should we wait before we can declare her "roast free" and you WRONG once again about how this place rolls?

PA Just so you know that I wasn't totally making this stuff up. Here is what happened the last time I criticized Rush.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80544

Ocala Mike
01-26-2012, 01:28 PM

Will sit on a riding mower, that's it. Won't bag and empty the grass clippings--too much lifting there. I'm talking, he won't even do the darn weedeating. He sits, he cooks on the grill on the weekend--that's it.

Quit talking about me, Grits! That reminds me, I've gotta look for the weedeater out in the shed today; my daughter and son-in-law are coming over this weekend to knock down some weeds.

Ocala Mike

P.S. I share your views on surgery. I've got a very painful condition called spinal stenosis, and they wanted to cut me five years ago. I gut it out and use extra strength Tylenol, up to 4,000 mg. per day, to keep the pain in check and allow me to continue to work part-time.

jognlope
01-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks I can take tylenol.

Grits
01-26-2012, 02:50 PM
I hadn't gotten the comfort stirrups and I was using hiking boots cuz I hadn't gotten the proper riding shoes. It's me own damn fault!

But you're right. I've lost 15 pounds, a few more to go, gonna do the fast walking, that works pretty good, small meals. I think it's the coiled futon, gotta get one of those foam pads that is corrugated.

Jog, this IS a plan! Heck, you're already 15 lbs on your way. Fantastic. Find a skinnier horse, next ride.:lol: On the mattress pads--my aunt bought one, recently. It was a little pricey, about $200, but of course, much less than a new mattress set. Its a nice one for her queen size bed. She's says, she's sleeping well now; its made all the difference in the world. Hopefully, one for your futon wouldn't cost as much.

BlinkersOn
01-26-2012, 02:54 PM

Five years ago I was told that my knee was shot..bone on bone rubbing together. I had Synvisc injections about a week or so apart for a total of 3, and I have not had a bit of problems in the five years since. Synvisc is ideal for hips also. I went through an orthopedic Dr. to get mine and they made a world of difference.

Good luck to you.

Grits
01-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Quit talking about me, Grits! That reminds me, I've gotta look for the weedeater out in the shed today; my daughter and son-in-law are coming over this weekend to knock down some weeds.

P.S. I share your views on surgery. I've got a very painful condition called spinal stenosis, and they wanted to cut me five years ago. I gut it out and use extra strength Tylenol, up to 4,000 mg. per day, to keep the pain in check and allow me to continue to work part-time.

You have reasons, OMike. Too, you're lucky to have a good daughter and son-in-law. What a blessing.

I know someone that's had spinal stenosis for several years. Horribly painful stuff. She takes Percocet. Another narcotic biggie. Still, it doesn't knock it out completely. And, neither did all the surgeries, the spinal fusions she's had. They have been numerous. She's well into her 80s now, her mobility limited. She's still determined, though, walks with a cane, and sometimes, a walker when she really hurts.

You? I bet you've got plenty more years to move all over Ocala, pretty area that it is. Be careful with the acetaminophen though. I know that you're aware large doses can cause liver damage. I know too, we end up considering . . . which is the lesser of two evils? Just keep a check on that liver function.

jognlope
01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeegads, I forgot about those. Saw them in Walmart. A little pricey, but look like the ticket, since it's this "killer futon" from Walmart that I've had trouble with, but what can I expect from a bed that comes rolled up under the Fed-X's guy's arm to my door and then after I bust off the plastic casing, it pops open and with a big swwwwwsh sound and becomes a full size bed?

I can't get a skinnier horse, no mon and I'm on my last horse, but he's a good one for me, full bodied, roper background. There are no "horse board holidays" unfortunately.

jognlope
01-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Roping class at the barn (not me, I just film it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJtM6idhmC8&list=UUGX0Y2fLCfHOA4EYqFpvo-Q&index=6&feature=plcp

elysiantraveller
01-26-2012, 03:57 PM
One last thought:

Hips do not regenerate themselves. Once one hits the point of no return it is over. Jog will know when that is.

Again I agree.

Pain is relative for everyone so I'm not going to tell someone to "tough it out."

If you are in a lot of pain get the surgery. Most regret not doing it sooner. This is coming from a guy that handles senior benefits. If, for financial reasons or any other for that matter, you want to tough it out. Tough it out...

Grits
01-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Again I agree.

This is coming from a guy that handles senior benefits. If, for financial reasons or any other for that matter, you want to tough it out. Tough it out...

Only seniors, at what age is senior? 65?

Please, tell me you're not chairman of Blue Cross and Blue Shield 'cause if you are, I have a LARGE complaint. My Blue Advantage premium while in fine health is now at $900. per month; don't have any other benefits, just the benefit of having to write this check. Its a shame one yearly physical and a mammogram now cost this kinda coin (as Chickie would call it.)

Tough's good, tough's relative, too.

elysiantraveller
01-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Only seniors, at what age is senior? 65?

Please, tell me you're not chairman of Blue Cross and Blue Shield 'cause if you are, I have a LARGE complaint. My Blue Advantage premium while in fine health is now at $900. per month; don't have any other benefits, just the benefit of having to write this check. Its a shame one yearly physical and a mammogram now cost this kinda coin (as Chickie would call it.)

Tough's good, tough's relative, too.

Typically yes. 90% of my clients are over 65.

As for the Advantage premium you can thank Health Care Reform for that.

You should go to the traditional route.

Pace Cap'n
01-26-2012, 09:24 PM
A memory foam mattress pad is definitely the way to go. You can get a queen-size at Sam's for $100. You will be amazed.

Grits
01-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Typically yes. 90% of my clients are over 65.

As for the Advantage premium you can thank Health Care Reform for that.

You should go to the traditional route.

The traditional route being?

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2012, 10:20 PM
I was wrong and you were right. How's that? This place is extremely tolerant of differences of opinion.In fact it is...there are differences of opinion posted all over the place...politics...racing...sports...you name it...whatever preconceived notions you have of this board, I suggest you give your head a shake and hit the reset button.

It amazes me sometimes to hear what people THINK and what reality actually is...

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2012, 10:24 PM
PA Just so you know that I wasn't totally making this stuff up. Here is what happened the last time I criticized Rush.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80544Nobody pounded you about Rush...they pounded you for taking the thread off the rails...had nothing to do with Rush.

Now, we could have done the same with Grits, since Rush had nothing to do with this thread, but we like Grits, so we let that one slide... :lol:

But then again, somebody should be yelling at US (me and maddog), because we have now attempted to take THIS thread off the rails...

Enough...

elysiantraveller
01-26-2012, 10:28 PM
The traditional route being?

To put it simply:

If you have Medicare Advantage the Government isn't paying for any of your health care. They are taking the money they collect from you for part A and B and give it to a provider, in this case BCBS, to manage your health care. Health Care reform has chopped the number the government gives to your provider so they compensate by charging you more.

Under traditional medicare parts A and B pay the health care provider directly and respectively A pays for your bed and B pays for 80% of your care.

People then go out and get a supplement, named A thru N, to pay what Medicare doesn't. The two most popular are F which is the most expensive and pays for everything and N which is the least expensive and has a $140 deductible and a $20 co-pay for office visits. In my area, for a 65 year old woman, a F plan runs about $150 a month and the N $100. (I would recommend N since you don't doctor at all)

If you go with the traditional route you need to pick up a PDP independently. The AARP Preferred Rx is a pretty good one nationwide.

If you want to change call a local insurance agency to get some quotes and sit down with a agent. You only have until Feb 14th to disenroll if you want to.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions just shoot me a PM.

Oh and one more EDIT) The government writes these plans so there is absolutely ZERO difference between companies. A F-Plan at AARP will pay the EXACT SAME as a F with Mutual of Omaha or whoever. So go with the cheapest.

Grits
01-26-2012, 10:33 PM
This thread became a little bit about everythang.

Honestly, I need ET to come back, I gotta find out what he means by traditional. When one's self employed, she can't just go and jump on someone's "traditional insurance plan." But then, I could surely be on the wrong track. :lol:

Matter of fact, does this thread have a track? Again.:lol:

Grits
01-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Good, you're back, ET. I might not have been clear. See, I'm not there yet, not medicare eligible yet. A few more years. So, as self employed, I have to pay BCBS their horrendous premiums, that I've watched skyrocket for the last several years. Too, of course, there's RX coverage that's built into my yearly plan and copays are reasonable, though, tiered and whatnot. I keep the yearly deductible higher than necessary, and the premium, as I say, like everyone's, I'm sure, continues to increase.

This NON profit is so filthy wealthy its sickening. I shouldn't fuss, I know, as so many don't have insurance coverage. But, this ain't walk around money, ET. This is high. Its robbery. I hate it. Honest, I do.

maddog42
01-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Nobody pounded you about Rush...they pounded you for taking the thread off the rails...had nothing to do with Rush.

Now, we could have done the same with Grits, since Rush had nothing to do with this thread, but we like Grits, so we let that one slide... :lol:

But then again, somebody should be yelling at US (me and maddog), because we have now attempted to take THIS thread off the rails...

Enough...

That is BS amd you know it.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2012, 11:09 PM
That is BS amd you know it.Then why didn't Grits get pounded?

I rest my case your honor.

Read the thread again. It had nothing to do about Rush...you weren't pounded because of Rush...you were pounded because people get tired of the same shit all the time and people get tired of knee-jerk trigger postings whenever some magical keyword hits the screen...

Tom
01-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Tsk tsk tsk.

maddog42
01-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Then why didn't Grits get pounded?

I rest my case your honor.

Read the thread again. It had nothing to do about Rush...you weren't pounded because of Rush...you were pounded because people get tired of the same shit all the time and people get tired of knee-jerk trigger postings whenever some magical keyword hits the screen...

BS Again: From the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42
Wasn't this Rush Limbaughs drug of choice ?

CJ's dad:

Your 15 posts indicate that you are a rookie - take deep breaths and think before you post this foolishness !!

Grits
01-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Tom, you make me laugh myself silly!!

Y'all please don't fuss. And please don't throw around Grits taking a pounding anymore--I swear I get nervous.:lol::lol::lol: I keep my butt in hot water more than anybody here. My own doing!!

maddog42
01-26-2012, 11:22 PM
I have said what I wanted to say, and I apologize for taking this thread off-topic. I can be quite selfish sometimes.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2012, 11:32 PM
BS Again: From the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42
Wasn't this Rush Limbaughs drug of choice ?

CJ's dad:

Your 15 posts indicate that you are a rookie - take deep breaths and think before you post this foolishness !!Guess we'll agree to disagree.

You're welcome to create a Rush druggie thread and post there to your heart's content.

Maybe Grits will even join you... :lol:

Grits
01-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Forget it, no way, PA. Rush . . . he's old news. Time to move on. He's too healthy now to get any mileage out of. :lol:

jognlope
01-27-2012, 09:14 AM
You can give yourself a little holiday from the $900 a month by switching insurance carriers, can't you. If you've been insured for 12 months at your last carrier, the new one cannot give you any waiting periods for procedures or coverage.

elysiantraveller
01-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Sorry our blues don't have a plan called that so I automatically assumed it was a advantage plan.

See if Celtic or Assurant are available in your area.