PDA

View Full Version : Disqualified from purse money

Track Phantom
01-24-2012, 03:03 PM
I am looking at the PP's for TUP 2nd race (1-24-12) and notice god-like training phenom has the favorite who was "disqualified from purse money" when winning two back. However, it doesn't list why.

Does anyone know why they don't post the reasons for DQ? I'm assuming a drug issue but would be nice to know.

cj
01-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I can't find a ruling, but it would have to be a positive test or a finding that the horse ran when ineligible.

I would guess the reason details aren't given is to avoid publicizing dirty laundry.

tbwinner
01-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Likely a drug violation. At least that's what it usually seems to be.

Those drug positives seem to take 2-3 months to come up on reports. I'm sure it eventually will....or so I'd think...?

Track Phantom
01-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Does it have to be so shady? Christ, with all the ways this game keeps the public in the dark, you'd think they'd throw you a bone once in a while. Ridiculous.

johnhannibalsmith
01-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Bad test indeed.

thaskalos
01-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Anything to protect the "integrity" of the game...

proximity
01-25-2012, 12:42 AM
I am looking at the PP's for TUP 2nd race (1-24-12) and notice god-like training phenom ....

a stringent anti-juice man like yourself betting tup or me betting pen.... i'm not sure which is worse? :D

appistappis
01-25-2012, 11:18 PM
turf para is a great place to MAKE MONEY.....if you couldn't see that all speed was dying today you shouldn't be playing this game, just pick the best closers and head to the window.

johnhannibalsmith
01-26-2012, 01:05 AM
.....if you couldn't see that all speed was dying today you shouldn't be playing this game, just pick the best closers and head to the window.

This is sarcasm, right?

thaskalos
01-26-2012, 01:09 AM
This is sarcasm, right?

I don't think so...

Just another "expert" in detecting biases...even where they don't exist.

johnhannibalsmith
01-26-2012, 01:32 AM
I don't think so...

Just another "expert" in detecting biases...even where they don't exist.

Well, I'm real interested in hearing how he drew that conclusion after nine races today if that was genuine observation... :eek:

proximity
01-26-2012, 01:36 AM
there is indeed a strong pro-juice bias there.

trust me, i have a lot of experience with those from penn national. :rolleyes:

appistappis
01-30-2012, 01:47 AM
we play dirt sprints only and like I said if others didn't see it, thats racing I guess. We crushed the 6th 7th and 9th. I'm too busy making money than to respond to the comments above.

thaskalos
01-30-2012, 03:59 AM
we play dirt sprints only and like I said if others didn't see it, thats racing I guess. We crushed the 6th 7th and 9th. I'm too busy making money than to respond to the comments above.
If you only play sprints, how did you know that there would be a closer's bias in the 6th, 7th, and 9th races?

In the only two other sprints that same day -- in the 2nd and 4th races -- the winners won while on the lead...and the wire-to-wire winner of the 4th race paid $15 to win.

johnhannibalsmith
01-30-2012, 11:21 AM

Congratulations on the score. Now, just so you can see where a guy was coming from and why it is possible that "others didn't see it", let's go to the original post:

turf para is a great place to MAKE MONEY.....if you couldn't see that all speed was dying today you shouldn't be playing this game, just pick the best closers and head to the window.

Okay, well, you pretty much don't think that I should be playing the game because I didn't "see it". Fair enough, but let's try to grasp why I may not have seen it.

Race 1: 6 horse gate. Only horse in the field at double digits, 20-1 shot hustled to the lead. Second longest price at 7-1 presses. They run first and second easily throughout and stay that way.

Race 2: 6 horse gate, dirt sprint. 12-1 shot takes the early lead with the favorite right on him and 5-1 3rd choice a close 3rd. 12-1 early pacesetter proves tough to get by, but the 1-2 favorite from 50% winning barn, 2nd early, gets it done, and the horse that was 3rd early edges by late for 2nd. 12-1 pacesetter gets beat a length and a half after maintaining to inside the last 150 yards.

Race 3: 7 horse gate. Odds on favorite takes command early and stays there, wins easily. Co favorite at 7-2, 4th early, gets up for second. The other co-favorite at 7-2, second last early, ends up fifth, unable to get past two longshots that were 3rd and 4th early.

Race 4: A dirt sprint. 3-5 shot lays second just behind 6.60-1 pacesetter. 3-5 favorite never gets by 6.60 pacesetter and ends up second.

Race 5: 7-2 second choice opens up a clear lead early and widens throughout to win by six.

Race 6: Okay, here we go. This was a race not won by someone on or within a length or so of the lead. Of course, there may have been good reason for that to happen for the first time on the card other than a distinct bias. A condition for f/m which had not run 1st, 2nd, or 3rd at the meet for bottom $3,000 claim.

The favorite was obvious - Yan Yan - who had run twice at TuP. She had run for 14-16k open claim and in an Alw/opt. 20k claim with two of the top jocks and now dropped in to the worst condition with bug boy three months into his career. Suspicious? Pacesetter was a 65-1 dog that couldn't win in a walkover who set a faster pace than par for the distance. Winner was one of the only fillies in the race who had any ability whatsoever and rallied into the pace. There was almost no way for 80% of the field to actually win the moment the overnight came out they are that bad. Two fillies in the race had any talent at all and one of them won. Or maybe it was the heavy bias.

Race 7: Same condition as the previous race, a $3,000 1-2-3 feedbag, but for the boys. Hopeless 35-1 shot sets a strong 22.0, 44.3 pace, with pressure from good old stakes horse White Spar making his second start back after loooong break in second, and 20-1 Bold Meeting third. Odds-on 3-5 Cactus Cut sat in a perfect spot just behind that trio and had to dig deep to finally get away from Bold Meeting inside the eighth pole.

One of the only other horses that could run any did rally up from behind to be second, but of the 5 horses to finish in the last 5 spots, only the well-past-his-prime-among-other-problems White Spar wasn't among the last 5 runners during the first half of the race. Another bad, bad, bad, bad group of horses, most of whom probably need more than bias to overcome the talent differentials among them.

Race 8: Winner goes to the lead immediately and stays there, in front by about a half-dozen.

Race 9: Another sprint - and the pacesetter, 10-1 longshot Cousin Clayton sets fast splits (21.2, 44.2) while intent on the lead early. He leads to inside the last 150 yards, gets beat less than 3/4 of a length for the win. Top two trainers at the meet, 31% and 29% winners respectively ding-dong for the win from off the wickedly fast pace with two of the only 3 in the field at single digit odds. The other one was far back early and ran last by 50.

Summary: You crushed the 6th, 7th, and 9th. The only 2 races that weren't won by a horse on or within spitting distance of the lead throughout. That is clairvoyance in addition to stellar handicapping. Of course, it probably helped slightly that two of those races were just horrendous compositions of no-running hogs from which the bulk of the field could be auto-eliminated without knowing a single thing about any bias or even horseracing in general if it was your first trip to a racetrack.

I'm glad to hear that you did well. I know that you are busy, but before I quit betting per your sound advice, I plead with you to help me understand how you predicted that the races that you wagered on would be the only races on the card to support your claim that "all speed was dying today" and make a fortune on that insight alone.

Dahoss9698
01-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Game, set , match.

iceknight
01-30-2012, 05:23 PM

And I have been so busy giving away ALL the excess money I made by keying Afleet Again, Court Vision, Perfect Shirt, Musical Romance on the top of ($2) superfectas that I didn't even see this new money making opportunity till now.

I am also amazed that nobody saw Charismatic or Giacomo winning the Derby those years....you guys will remain the betting public. thank you appistappis. A fun bunch indeed.:p

appistappis
01-30-2012, 08:45 PM
johnhetc, my post wasn't aimed at you or anyone else's skills but rather at another of the endless comments that we should not play turf para.

johnhannibalsmith
01-30-2012, 09:01 PM
johnhetc, my post wasn't aimed at you or anyone else's skills but rather at another of the endless comments that we should not play turf para.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Your original post genuinely caught me off-guard and I really thought that you were joking as I had just finished watching the day's replays again and making some notes.

Keep cashing tickets... however you manage to find the winners... :D

appistappis
01-30-2012, 09:21 PM
ok, no problem and the explanation to the exceptions require two words.....mike chambers.