PDA

View Full Version : This is Too Close to Home

Ocala Mike
01-24-2012, 03:01 PM
http://www.ocala.com/article/20120124/ARTICLES/120129835?tc=cr

Woody worked with me as a part-time delivery driver for a local pharmacy. I last saw and spoke to him on Thurs. night, and he seemed his usual upbeat self. Though a little "quirky," he NEVER gave off negative vibes.

We all wondered what was up when he didn't show up for work last night, and he didn't call in; not like him. I wound up driving part of his route.

Have to leave for work soon, and I'm a little bit shook.

:( :( :( :(

Ocala Mike

Grits
01-24-2012, 03:13 PM
OMike, I'm sorry. Maybe their autopsies will give answers. For you, I hope so.

Greyfox
01-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Wow. No wonder you're shook up.
All the best in coping with this.

Greyfox

lamboguy
01-24-2012, 03:25 PM
i am in tears for you mike. it has to be the sickest feeling. all my heart and prayers are for you and these people we lost and their family's.

Ocala Mike
01-24-2012, 04:11 PM
My son-in-law works for Fox 51 TV locally, and he just called to say that they are going with this as an apparent murder-suicide, possibly even a suicide pact.

I'm joking with the guy a few nights ago about the job, and now this. Wow!

Thanks, all, for your concern.

Ocala Mike

NJ Stinks
01-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Mike, I'm sorry to hear the news and feel badly knowing you must cope with this tragedy.

Grits
01-24-2012, 06:24 PM
My son-in-law works for Fox 51 TV locally, and he just called to say that they are going with this as an apparent murder-suicide, possibly even a suicide pact.

I'm joking with the guy a few nights ago about the job, and now this. Wow!

Thanks, all, for your concern.

Ocala Mike

Again, I am so, so sorry. What a terrible tragedy that they felt this was their only choice. Whatever their concerns or problems.

HuggingTheRail
01-24-2012, 06:51 PM
I am so sorry Mike - you have my thoughts and prayers...

Dave Schwartz
01-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Sorry, Mike. Tragedies that hit close to home are always difficult.

thaskalos
01-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Unfortunately, these are not rare occurrences these days...and they break our hearts -- especially when they involve children.

I wish you strength Ocala Mike...and my deepest sympathy to their families.

Ocala Mike
01-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Boss had a short "grief-counselling" session for the drivers tonight. We all went out on the runs which, thankfully, were a little light tonight. Thanks again to all of you.

Ocala Mike

Tom
01-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Mike, that is sad.....stay strong, man!

098poi
01-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Sorry for your loss. It's easy to become numb to these kinds of events when they are presented on TV or the web and they don't affect you directly. My prayers to friends and family.

bks
01-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Terribly sorry for your loss, Mike. I hope their families can somehow gain a measure of solace after some time goes by, whatever the causes of these terrible events turn out to be.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-24-2012, 10:57 PM
So sorry you're gong through the sad turmoil of your frend and co-worker and mate's distrubing passng. Hope all of you will be able to work through this - so sad that this happened quietly where non of you had the cnance to help, but glad it ddn't manfest itself at work and any of you physically. Maybe time will help their family and all of you find the answers to the questons left beind. Will keep you in thoughts and prayers.

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Sorry to hear such awful news Mike...my sympathy goes out to you...

Ocala Mike
01-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Yeah, Steve (and others), we were all thinking of things we might have done or said on the job, joking or otherwise, that might have contributed to this. We drew a blank; the guy wasn't very political and never discussed his home life with us. We mostly compared driving routes with him, and talked about the job. Very inocuous stuff, and none of us had a grudge with him or vice versa.

Obviously, something was going on in his relationship with his wife as the authorities are now definitely calling it a murder-suicide with no note.

I pray that a merciful God forgive and allow Woody and his wife to RIP.

Ocala Mike

wisconsin
01-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Be strong, Mike.

There really are no words I could possibly say to ease the pain.

sandpit
01-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Yeah, Steve (and others), we were all thinking of things we might have done or said on the job, joking or otherwise, that might have contributed to this.
Ocala Mike

OM, please don't beat yourself up over this. I learned that lesson a long time ago when one of my best friends killed himself at 20. As close as we were, I found out a lot about him afterwards that he was keeping completely to himself.

God's peace to everyone involved in this tragedy.