PDA

View Full Version : HarnessEye and Daily Harness now on DRF.com

jeebus1083
01-23-2012, 08:34 PM
$2.75 for the Eye, $1.50 for DHP. Volume subscriptions available.

Long time coming for harness players.

melman
01-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Just a follow up to Jeebus post with a link.

http://www.drf.com/blogs/deal-brings-harness-eye-pps-web

Sea Biscuit
01-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Just a follow up to Jeebus post with a link.

http://www.drf.com/blogs/deal-brings-harness-eye-pps-web

No free sample copies?

melman
01-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Biscuit--I have no idea what kind of "roll out" plan DRF has for the harness pp's. Maybe a few free samples at the start would be a good idea. However if you would like to see what the Harness Eye pp's look like just go to www.harnesscharts.com and click on pp samples.

Dboomster
01-24-2012, 10:21 AM
We will post free Harness Eye PPs for the Meadowlands on Friday. Look for them on my next blog post which will likely be up on Wednesday.

http://www.drf.com/blogs/derick-giwner

They will also be up on the Meadowlands Events Page on Friday.

http://www.drf.com/events/new-meadowlands-harness-meadowlands

mrroyboy
01-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Guys I looked over the samples and it looks to me like Trackmaster PP's are cheaper and better both the basic $1.50 and the $2.75. Trackmaster pace pp appear to offer much more for around the same price $3.00 I believe. Does anyone have more info on this?

Tempogain
01-24-2012, 10:09 PM
The main advantage it will have is the comments.

Dboomster
01-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Check out my blog post to find out more about Harness Eye PP's and pick up a FREE copy for Friday.

http://www.drf.com/blogs/harness-eye-pps-what-you-need-know

mrroyboy
01-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Thank you

I bought a ten race package so I will give the new PP's a good try. ButI am having trouble with printing them. The lines are not very dark and the overall print is too small. I have tried to increase the fonts etc but it didn't help
Needless to say I am not exactly a "microsoft technician" Thank you

wilderness
01-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Have you tried changing the DPI output of your printer?

What brand and model of printer do you have?
What is the default setting?
What are the options?

melman
01-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Dboomster---I think it would be a good marketing idea to offer a "buy one get one free" deal for say the first month. That way a player would have say both BigM and Woodbine on the same night. Or any combo of two tracks on the same day the customer would like. The offer would NOT be for any two days but two tracks on the same day. Maybe that would encourge a customer to look at more harness racing than he might otherwise do.

I also note that your FREE Friday night offer for pp's on the BigM races is not just for this Friday but for ALL Friday's thru the end of FEB. That IMO is a good way to get out of the gate. :)

cecil127
01-25-2012, 05:48 PM
woodbine already has free PP's....
what a nice place woodbine is:)

http://www.woodbineentertainment.com/Woodbine/Racing/Pages/FreeProgramDownloads.aspx

wilderness
01-25-2012, 05:50 PM
woodbine already has free PP's....

Harness Eye PP's?

mrroyboy
01-25-2012, 06:03 PM
I have a HPOfficejetproL7680. I don't know how to find the default or options. How do I do that?

cecil127
01-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Harness Eye PP's?

i useta buy that back in the day and to be honest i never noticed the difference between the PP's.
is there one?

JBmadera
01-25-2012, 06:31 PM
I love harness eye. I think the guy does a great job and he really has a keen eye. Now that they are rolling at The Big M I will be buying them for each card.

mrroyboy
01-25-2012, 07:16 PM
I admit it's a good product but I would like it if they made it easier to read and print. Since Trackmaster is part of the deal I would like to see the eye products looking like the Basic pp's

wilderness
01-26-2012, 12:01 AM
I have a HPOfficejetproL7680. I don't know how to find the default or options. How do I do that?

I've no idea what operating system your using on your computer?

In Windows XP.
Start
Settings
Printers & Fax
Select your HPPro
Locate Printer properties (Double click or right click and select properties
Print Defaults
DPI
Change to larger number

wilderness
01-26-2012, 12:02 AM
i useta buy that back in the day and to be honest i never noticed the difference between the PP's.
is there one?

There is a difference and that is why most everybody is interested in the "Harness Eye", the added features.

badcompany
01-26-2012, 08:29 AM
I've always believed Sportseye/Harnesseye is the Gold Standard of harness pps. I never understood why it wasn't available on-line. I'm looking forward to this product.

Tempogain
01-26-2012, 10:47 AM
The thing I always liked the Eye for was the individual fractions. Now the TM Pace programs have this, including half times. Strangely though they don't have "at track" lifetime records, which is annoying. And no comments. Those two things will make the Eye a better bet than the TM pace program I think. The TM Platinum programs now have direct links to race charts, which is very good. Not sure if the Pace programs have that feature now. If we could put all these things together, and the Platinum trainer/driver stats, we'd have a heck of a program! Something like the Formulator would be nice but I'm not holding my breath I guess :)

Pacingguy
01-26-2012, 11:03 AM
is there one?

It is a matter of preference and how you handicap. I like the DRF Harness Eye PP; the deluxe version of Trackmater to me is just too busy for me.

mrroyboy
01-26-2012, 05:48 PM
No I like the new pp's just wish they made them easier to read and print. I wish they would use the same format as the Basic TM pp's

arno
01-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Pacing Guy

My sentiments exactly.
Any one who was raised in the Metro NY will gravitate to the Sports Eye past performances. Their comments alone are worth the price.

I am sorry I can't call it Harness Eye I have been buying Sports Eye since 1968 when they were 4 pages, no past performances and just 35 cents.

Their basketballl grids were way ahead of their times also.

LottaKash
01-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Pacing Guy

My sentiments exactly.
Any one who was raised in the Metro NY will gravitate to the Sports Eye past performances. Their comments alone are worth the price.

I am sorry I can't call it Harness Eye I have been buying Sports Eye since 1968 when they were 4 pages, no past performances and just 35 cents.

ARno, I remember those days TOO !....Sports Eye had great analysis'....

Before those days, I used to buy the "National-Armstrong" (trotting edition), and I use to handicap their race analysis, to "death", then bet with the bookies, when I couldn't get to the track...

best,

pandy
01-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Pacing Guy

My sentiments exactly.

When I first started being the "Eye" it was 35 cents, I remember! Fortunately in 1976 I got a job there, it was fantastic. I met and worked with sharp people like Gary Fanning, Mark Richman, Charlie Singer, Steve Katz, Geoff Stein, Doug Kaplan, Paul Lukin, and many others. It was fun.

tamaharbor
01-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Is Joe Gelardi still making his harness selections? The horse racing pages of the NY Daily News always seemed mysterious, yet wonderful.

LottaKash
01-26-2012, 11:00 PM
When I first started being the "Eye" it was 35 cents, I remember! Fortunately in 1976 I got a job there, it was fantastic. I met and worked with sharp people like Gary Fanning, Mark Richman, Charlie Singer, Steve Katz, Geoff Stein, Doug Kaplan, Paul Lukin, and many others. It was fun.

Lucky you Bob....Plus with those guys doing the handicapping, one would be hard pressed to beat any of them, with their own handicapping...You'd have to be mighty good....I used the Eye to guide me thru many a nite, and did ok on most nites....That is, until I learned how to handicap myself, then the "roller-coaster ride" was on from theron...haha !.....It was much simpler before that...

best,

grant miller
01-26-2012, 11:31 PM
o.t. dave little used to do pretty good when he picked in the ny daily news!

arno
01-27-2012, 01:26 AM
The first night the programs were in a PDF that saaid secured. I coukd not use my markings using FOXIT. For tomorrow it works fine but Fridays came free and f hopefully can use FOXIT from now on.

My parents could never understand how I could read Sports Eye so often but when they saw names like Kaplan and Katz they said go ahead maybe its like the Jewish Fowards paper. Then when my parents saw a handicapper name Mischa Goss they would give me 2 dollars a day to bet his top choiceto place in the race of the day. THey never liked Clark Kent he was too WASPISH for them. If they only knew his last name was Pandolfo.

Nowadays, I am showing a nice profit playing the TBreds thanks to CJ's figures but Harness racing will always be 1st in my heart. I even went to the last Hambletonian in Du Quoin and the first the following year at the Meadowlands

Ray2000
01-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Derick answered my question on the track bias in his Blog

http://www.drf.com/blogs/harness-eye-pps-what-you-need-know

Thought I'd post it here if anyone else was wondering.

What does the W stand for?

Example BigM Race 1 Jan 13th, Horse #7 Susquehanna Belle

Trackmaster
Dec 19 CHST Ft -3
Dec 07 CHST Sy -1
Nov 25 CHST Ft -7

Harness EYE
Dec 19 CHD Fst -4 4W
Dec 07 CHD Sly -7 2W
Nov 25 CHD Fst +3 8W

The W is the number of horses that won on the lead that day.

Tom
01-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Don't forget, FREE PPs tonight for M1.

mrroyboy
01-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Tried to post a comment on the drf/harness eye blog. I couldn't read the god dam security question. What do they expect all their readers to have perfect vision??

Ray2000
01-27-2012, 05:18 PM
frustrating isn't it?, roy

I had to click on the "gimme another one" button 3 times before I could read one...

mrroyboy
01-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks Ray. Maybe I can ask you this question since you are good with computers. How do I print the Harness Eye PP's to make them bigger? They are in PDF form so I do have Adobe reader?

Ray2000
01-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Roy

The only work around for a larger print job that I can suggest is to use a screen capture program like MWSnap, (free software) open the pdf race program in Adobe or Foxit, and capture the top half of the race (horses 1 -5) and send that to the printer directly from MWSnap. Then do the same for the bottom 5 horses. Set the print job to landscape, and "fit to page", no headers.

This is messy I know but will become easier after a few printouts.

edit......
Strike that...I just noticed Foxit reader will let you print in landscape, rotated try that first.

pandy
02-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Just wanted to make sure that everyone knows where to find the Harness Racing free picks, free articles and free track bias info, on the drf website. It's not easy to find, there isn't a link on the home page for some reason. Hopefully they will get a dedicated harness/drf website because this is a mess, it's like they're trying to hide the harness racing stuff.

www.drf.com/news/harness

And to get the free Meadowlands pps for Friday you have to click on Derick's blog from the home page which can be accessed from the www.drf.com home page or go to

www.drf.com/blogs/meadowlands-thursday-27k-pick-5-carryover

If you click on Derick's blog from the harness pp page you don't get the link for the free Meadowlands pps.

If anyone has any questions email dgiwner@drf.com or contact me.

mrroyboy
02-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Very nice Pandy. Thank you