PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News

Tom
01-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Sen Rand Paul is supposedly being detained in Tennessee by TSA, for having an anomaly show up on his full body scan. He refused a pat down and insisted having a re-scan. They are holding him at this moment.

This is in direct violation of the constitution - as a member of Congress, he is immune from arrest except under very specific exceptions. This ain't one of them.

Correct me if I am off on any details - just heard first reports on the radio.

Dave Schwartz
01-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Cannot wait to hear what the "anomaly" is.

Tom
01-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Heh, heh, heh.......I like the way you think! :D

canleakid
01-23-2012, 02:04 PM
My stepson is flying into Nashville tomorrow, so I told him to leave his "anomaly" at home :D :D :D

Dave Schwartz
01-23-2012, 02:21 PM
My stepson is flying into Nashville tomorrow, so I told him to leave his "anomaly" at home

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave Schwartz
01-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Be very careful, to dislike someone because of ideology is cool but everyone has loved ones your aiming hate at. I suggest that you watch Jimmy Stewart's film "it's a wonderful life" every year. I myself can be a crude SOB at times but believe you can be crude and care at the same time.

I must agree with you here.

I think some other form of euthanasia is in order.

:lol:

TJDave
01-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Be very careful, to dislike someone because of ideology is cool

It's not ideology I object but the lack of it. Congress has become a collection of shameless opportunists and corporate lackeys regardless of political stripe. They care nothing for the well being of this country, only themselves.

Traitors all.

Robert Goren
01-23-2012, 03:11 PM
After the shooting of Gabby Giffords and deaths of several bystanders including a young girl, I would think that one be little more careful about they say.

TJDave
01-23-2012, 03:23 PM
After the shooting of Gabby Giffords and deaths of several bystanders including a young girl, I would think that one be little more careful about they say.

Hey...I said arrested then shot. I'm not advocating we go at this willy-nilly. ;)

Grits
01-23-2012, 05:09 PM
It's not ideology I object but the lack of it. Congress has become a collection of shameless opportunists and corporate lackeys regardless of political stripe. They care nothing for the well being of this country, only themselves.

Traitors all.

TJDave, this reads bad. Real bad. You fit the perfect profile for every redneck that has a sizable cache of handguns and semi automatic weapons in the good ole' U.S. of A.

As we know, its common knowledge that if one gelds a racehorse, he's not half as tough. He, instantly, becomes . . . easily manageable. Numnutz, that he now is.

You've reminded us often of your right, and fondness, for your weapons and your no nonsense toughness.

One can't help but wonder, though, if you'd be half as big a BAD ASS if your conceal carry permit were denied? In other words . . . all you had to rely on, being, your emptyhanded self.

Can one figure you'd fall back on your Three Time World Champion Black Belt Karate honors?

TJD, I find tough guys some of the sexiest men on earth. The only thing worrying me? You've gone from bad ass to willy nilly in two posts.

I don't know which turns me on more----the tough and sexy, or the rich know it all who can teach me stuff and take me places.

So many choices. If only I were looking. :lol: :faint::lol:

cj's dad
01-23-2012, 06:34 PM
It is a shame that he has to undergo a pat down like folks with implants have to subject themselves to every damn time they (I) fly.

Imagine, a member of the ruling class (read elite) having to suffer the same indignities as the underclass; oh the shame.

fast4522
01-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Just maybe at the end of the day this old salt admires Gabby Giffords as a brave woman who is in the news today, also Mark Kirk who is fighting for his life today for something that could happen to any one of us. Just maybe I might be thinking of saying a prayer for these Americans and just maybe they deserve a prayer from others today. Also at the end of the day this gun owner who does feel the pinch every time some whack job uses a gun to hurt innocent people feels rage at anyone talking of shooting no matter how you put it.

Grits
01-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Just maybe at the end of the day this old salt admires Gabby Giffords as a brave woman who is in the news today, also Mark Kirk who is fighting for his life today for something that could happen to any one of us. Just maybe I might be thinking of saying a prayer for these Americans and just maybe they deserve a prayer from others today. Also at the end of the day this gun owner who does feel the pinch every time some whack job uses a gun to hurt innocent people feels rage at anyone talking of shooting no matter how you put it.

Fast, I wrote a fun (and probably, bad decision to write) post up above, as you can see.

When I hear or read talk about firearms and toughness and shooting, I get nervous. As a result, I try to laugh and make things light to keep the nervousness at bay. Because its the internet, I can't see this person. What's really in this person's head? I don't know. This can be a scary thing when one thinks about it, particularly for a female. I own two handguns. They're to protect me and my son. Too, when and how I grew up--shooting someone is not something that was, or is, still today, talked about in idle conversation.

Seeing the struggles of Gabby Giffords and anyone who is innocently gunned down by a lunatic who believes life has done him (or her) wrong makes me incredibly sad. And at times, fearful, wondering how many more there are. Probably thousands and thousands. :(

I'll note, TJDave, I'm sorry, I meant no harm. You'll forgive me, I hope, if I give you a wide berth.

TJDave
01-23-2012, 08:47 PM
I'll note, TJDave, I'm sorry, I meant no harm. You'll forgive me, I hope, if I give you a wide berth.

None taken. I would also hope that most here understand hyperbole.

I would never shoot except in self defense nor would I advocate or tolerate such actions by others. What happened to Congresswoman Giffords was an outrage against decency.

Grits
01-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Thank you, TJDave for your reply. Again, I'm sorry. Too much humor today, too much nervousness. Sometime, its hard to read people's online thoughts, my own included.

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2012, 12:55 AM
None taken. I would also hope that most here understand hyperbole.

I would never shoot except in self defense nor would I advocate or tolerate such actions by others. What happened to Congresswoman Giffords was an outrage against decency.BTW, I deleted your reply because stuff like that, even when said in jest or hyperbole, isn't taken lightly and shouldn't be taken lightly by certain higher ups in the US Government...not that they monitor this board, but you never know...

Hell, who am I kidding...they monitor EVERYTHING.... :lol:

I always delete stuff like that though...just ask Tom... :lol:

Grits
01-24-2012, 01:57 AM
PA, would you remove my reply (#10) as well? It was in response to TJDave's. If one is removed, the other should be.

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2012, 02:33 AM
PA, would you remove my reply (#10) as well? It was in response to TJDave's. If one is removed, the other should be.Your reply doesn't quote the original, which is why I left it...there is one or two others that I left up also...

Just wanted to remove the original before it became lodged in the Google time warp...

Tom
01-24-2012, 07:42 AM
I always delete stuff like that though...just ask Tom... :lol:

This is true. I have told PA before that he could *************.

(Edited by PaceAdvantage)