PDA

View Full Version : What is the best weekend of the NFL season?

Valuist
01-22-2012, 01:18 PM
a) Opening weekend
b) T-Giving weekend
c) Super Bowl weekend
d) Conference championship weekend.

I would say A-B-D-C. Just so much anticipation built into opening weekend, that its hard to top. They usually have a Thurs night game, plus TWO Monday night games. T-Giving is great because how spread out the games are; 2 Thurs afternoon games, a Thurs night game in addition to the regular Sunday, Sunday night and Monday night fare. I would take today over Super Bowl Sunday. The Super Bowl is so overhyped, and while I love football, by February, enough is enough.

JBmadera
01-22-2012, 01:22 PM
The last weekend of preseason, when we hold our fantasy football draft...:jump:

sandpit
01-22-2012, 04:55 PM
The last weekend of preseason, when we hold our fantasy football draft...:jump:

Good one, but this year I'll go with week 16 since I won my fantasy SB.
But to answer the question, I'll take Thanksgiving weekend because of the spread of games.

Speaking of spreading things out, how come the NFL doesn't have a couple of games on Saturdays the final few weeks of the season like they used to? Maybe all those bowl games get in the way now.

cj
01-22-2012, 04:57 PM
But to answer the question, I'll take Thanksgiving weekend because of the spread of games.

Speaking of spreading things out, how come the NFL doesn't have a couple of games on Saturdays the final few weeks of the season like they used to? Maybe all those bowl games get in the way now.

Personally, I'm not that big a fan of Thanksgiving weekend. There are too many good teams playing on Thursday, leaving Sunday and Monday as pretty piss poor viewing in my opinion.

Week 1
Conf Champs
Super Bowl
Thanksgiving

JBmadera
01-22-2012, 06:26 PM

Congrats! I won my first SB this year too.

sandpit
01-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Congrats! I won my first SB this year too.

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/images/UBGX/I9.gif

sandpit
01-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Personally, I'm not that big a fan of Thanksgiving weekend. There are too many good teams playing on Thursday, leaving Sunday and Monday as pretty piss poor viewing in my opinion.

Week 1
Conf Champs
Super Bowl
Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is an all-around great sports weekend to me, with good rivalry college games, and the truly last good weekend of racing action of the year at Aqueduct, Churchill and Hollywood. Hits me right in the sweet spot.

delayjf
01-27-2012, 08:21 PM
I've always felt some of the best football games were in the Conference championships

thaskalos
01-27-2012, 09:41 PM
D - C - A - B

canleakid
01-27-2012, 10:50 PM
D then B ///// c if my team is in it ////// a :confused:

Robert Goren
01-27-2012, 11:00 PM
The last weekend of preseason, when we hold our fantasy football draft...:jump: Agreed, followed by the first week when see whether you were right about that 6th round pick. after that it is all really down hill.
From a football point of view it is generally week 16 when push comes to shove for most teams. It is the moment of truth for most NFL teams playoff hopes. After week 15 there are a bunch of teams that have some way of getting to the playoffs. After week 16 there is generally only a very few who have anything to play for in week 17.

ElKabong
01-28-2012, 08:49 PM
AFC , NFC semis....both sat & sun have 2 games & are usually very competitive and enjoyable to watch

rastajenk
01-30-2012, 09:50 AM
One thing's fer sher. The answer to the original question is not Pro Bowl weekend.:D

Marshall Bennett
01-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Pro Bowl's a complete joke. All the stupid rules to protect everyone. Players and coaches laughing and joking throughout the game. Quarterbacks miked and announcers telling us what will play out. Some band out there playing before the game that sounds like shit. I watched about 3 minutes into game and flipped channels. I may never tune into it again. Total garbage.

Valuist
01-30-2012, 02:11 PM
The Pro Bowl is a complete joke. Why do they even bother playing it?

Marshall Bennett
01-30-2012, 04:02 PM
At least with the baseball all-star game the players try and play like the professionals they're paid to be. The winner is also represented in the world series as the home team in games 1 & 2. I'm not sure the Pro Bowl represents anything. Perhaps the biggest clowns that can pretend they're playing football. I see where there were 1100 total yards of offense last night. I didn't watch. Did the team's defenses even show up for the 2nd half, or did their moms & dads substitute? They wouldn't have been hurt if they had.