PDA

View Full Version : TVG won't have Santa Anita

cj
12-15-2003, 05:44 PM
I know this isn't new news, but it is good news as far as I'm concerned. They cater way too much to the SoCal crowd. For example, on Saturday, they insisted on showing a 5 horse maiden claimer live while tape delaying the big sprint stake from Crc. This even though the Crc race was part of their handicapping contest. I won't even start on Los Al coverage!

JustRalph
12-15-2003, 06:27 PM
I still have about 10 days until I get my TVG back......

When they started that Los Al coverage I thought it was the biggest waste of time and effort............ I can't believe they still do it.

cj
12-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Almost forgot, they still won't let me bet with them in Oklahoma even though BRIS and YouBet do, and noone has been able to tell me why yet. BRIS is even going to let me keep an account while I'm in Belgium as long as I have an APO address, which I will. Not that I care too much about TVG, the others are free, and I'll be watching on the net anyway! They aren't doing themselves any favors though.

JimG
12-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Almost forgot, they still won't let me bet with them in Oklahoma even though BRIS and YouBet do, and noone has been able to tell me why yet.

I'll take a shot at it. TVG requires that account wagering be legal in the state they are taking the bet from.

BRIS and YouBet only require that account wagering not be illegal from the state they are taking the bet from.

Most states, like mine, do not have a law one way or the other. If there is not a law and horse racing is permitted in the state the latter 2 services will take bets.

JimG

PS...That is fixing to change here soon as Virginia is leagalizing account wagering. TVG has already applied for a license to the VA racing commission.

blind squirrel
12-15-2003, 06:59 PM
when TVG got CALIFORNIA their coverage shifted
to cater to the SOCAL market.it falls in to the
"willie sutton philosiphy---hey willie,why do you
rob banks?......that's where they keep the money.

witchdoctor
12-15-2003, 08:12 PM
CJ
We are not suppose to have phone accounts with anyone so our esteemed Attorney General (Drew Edmounds)has determined.

justin
12-15-2003, 11:17 PM
"For example, on Saturday, they insisted on showing a 5 horse maiden claimer live while tape delaying the big sprint stake from Crc. This even though the Crc race was part of their handicapping contest. I won't even start on Los Al coverage!"

I bet one race the entire day on Saturday, and the Calder race was it. Nothing like waiting 10 minutes to see the race. I bet Wake at Noon to win in that race...talk about adding insult to injury! Still can't get broadband at home so watching on the 'net just isn't a viable option.

-Justin

Speed Figure
12-16-2003, 12:51 AM
They cater to SoCal because it's so easy to be at the L.A tracks. If they were in N.Y than they would cater more to the N.Y tracks. More bettors are betting on SoCal than CRC.

I don't see anything wrong with the Los Al coverage. What other live racing in L.A is going on at that time? They are far better than HRTV!

JustRalph
12-16-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by speed figure
They cater to SoCal because it's so easy to be at the L.A tracks. If they were in N.Y than they would cater more to the N.Y tracks. More bettors are betting on SoCal than CRC.

I don't see anything wrong with the Los Al coverage. What other live racing in L.A is going on at that time? They are far better than HRTV!

they pre-empt anything that is going off at the same time as Los Al. MNR has to wait many times. At least that is my memory. But they will miss a race or tape delay it to run a 6 minute interview with the super trainer of 2500k claimers from Los Al. they will spend 4 minutes with Ed Burgart the Announcer at Los Al and run the last two from MNR on tape and tell you that your horse got scratched at the gate.....right before the tape starts. They are better than they used to be........and I haven't had TVG for two months now and I am waiting for my next sat. install right now. But I don't expect it has changed that much. I used to have these conversations with their on air types and they are sometimes just as frustrated over these same issues.