PDA

View Full Version : Basketball overkill ??

Marshall Bennett
01-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Noticed in the morning paper here locally that 30 games are on tap to be televised today. As many as 10 or more can be seen on any given weekday. Must be both nice and confusing for eager basketball fans to pick and choose what to watch. Myself, I enjoyed playing basketball as a kid, but has always been one of the least sports I enjoyed watching. I'm glad I'm that way as well, because this is crazy.

onefast99
01-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Are you talking about the NBA or college? College always had a good 20 games going between CBS and the ESPN channels as well as the Big Ten Network and the ACC Network. Add in SNY and MSG and you have 30 games to choose from. If you are talking about the NBA due to the lock out they are cramming 65 games into 65 nights. The NBA this year is not a good product!

Marshall Bennett
01-21-2012, 12:17 PM
NBA and college combined.

cj
01-21-2012, 03:49 PM
NBA and college combined.

Unless you have NBA League Pass, there can't be more than 1 or 2 NBA games on TV today, so it isn't the NBA.

Marshall Bennett
01-21-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm sure the majority are college games with a couple NBA games thrown in. To be honest I didn't even look to see the teams playing as I don't care and never watch. I'm sure other large cities have TV schedules littered with a similar amount of coverage.