PDA

View Full Version : Win 7 questions

gillenr
01-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Using it for 6 weeks & have no major complaints but some questions.

Where is the FF status bar?

What is that little window that appears when the cursor hovers over an open program on the task bar called & how do I get rid of it - not the notification balloons?

How do I shut off my wireless connection? Am connected by ethernet cable.

Thanks

HUSKER55
01-19-2012, 02:04 PM
I am not a guru but I think that is the firefox task bar

wilderness
01-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Using it for 6 weeks & have no major complaints but some questions.

Thanks

You'll need to go into the router configuration to disable the wifi, or at least require the router serial number as a password.

Open you browser and try 192.168.1.254
Your router brand may require a different IP.

gillenr
01-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Can't disable router - using it for other PCs.

wilderness
01-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Can't disable router - using it for other PCs.

Am I too assume that the computer your using is recognizing both a ethernet (lan) connection and a second wifi connection?

Simply go into network connections and disable the wifi connection on same computer.
Or
Go into the hardware settings and disable the wifi card. (both have the same effect).

Red Knave
01-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Where is the FF status bar?

Which Status Bar? Do you mean the Download Status? If so, you need to add it. Right click in the toolbar area and grab the Status Bar and move it to the tool bar area.

What is that little window that appears when the cursor hovers over an open program on the task bar called & how do I get rid of it - not the notification balloons?
The window is a teeny-tiny icon of the open window of that application. It's useful if you have, say, multiple PDF documents open. The little window helps you recognize the one you might want.
No idea how to get rid of it.[/QUOTE]

Wilderness' second reply should handle this.

gillenr
01-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys. The status bar I'm looking for used to appear at the bottom of IE & showed "done", progress, & security.
I'm sure Wilderness is right & I'll try in AM.
Still looking for those "balloons".

Red Knave
01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
The status bar I'm looking for used to appear at the bottom of IE & showed "done", progress, & security.
Oh, okay, we were thinking FireFox.
For IE, just right click in the toolbar area (i.e. beside the Tabs). You should see a dropdown list. Just click on "Status Bar" and you should get it back.