PDA

View Full Version : Penn takeout

breakage
12-14-2003, 05:58 PM
Does anybody out there know when Penn National raised the takeout on their exacta? For as long as I can remember it was at 20%. Now, lately I've noticed the Racing Form listing their takeout as 22%. It seems they were quietly able to raise the triple takeout from 30% to 31% about a year ago or so. Did I miss something or are they able to raise their takeout without causing a blip on anybody's radar screen?

so.cal.fan
12-14-2003, 06:13 PM
Good Lord!
I'd be thinking about playing New York or even Calif, well, maybe not Calif.:rolleyes:

VetScratch
12-15-2003, 09:20 AM
See these links to shop takeouts. Both sites request feedback from users, so if anyone has reason to make corrections, they should submit them in the manner posted at each site.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=trktkout&header=off

http://www.horseplayerdaily.com/tools/vig/

A 3% gap in WPS takeout or a 5% gap in exotic takeout is significant just like a 3% to 5% rebate on wagering handle.

breakage
12-15-2003, 03:25 PM
It just seems strange to me that a big ruckus is made over California wanting to raise their takeout on exactas by half a percent and not a peep is said about "Hialiah Northeast" raising theirs by 2%. I understand their handle is one tenth of Cal., but the million dollars a day they do handle comes from places all over the country. I guess Penn didn't send anybody to the Arizona symposium because thev obviuosly don't realize that people are going to go elsewhere for a better deal.( ie offshore)

cj
12-15-2003, 05:41 PM
The big ruckus is because many more people bet on SoCal racing as opposed to Penn, which isn't even available on TVG.

breakage
12-16-2003, 02:20 AM
Yeah.........guess so ....why would it be important if it's not on TVG?. I think I mentioned that I understood the "Cal. being larger than Penn" part.

alysheba88
12-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Hopefully when the slot deals go through takouts will be reduced again. Penn National (the company) is pretty sharp.