PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin recall news.

mostpost
01-17-2012, 04:55 PM
More than 1,000,000 signatures were submitted to the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board today calling for the recall of Governor Scott Walker.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/17/scott-walker-recall-effort-petitions_n_1210032.html

That is almost twice the number needed to trigger a recall election. It also means that Walker would have to successfully challenge 46% of the signatures to prevent the election. Good luck with that. :jump:

Last month Ohio voters repealed the union busting laws of Gov Kasich. This month Wisconsin voters started the process to recalling Scott Walker. And we all know what is going to happen in November. :lol: :lol:

HUSKER55
01-17-2012, 05:00 PM
we have a balance budget, no increase in property taxes and union people now pay more inline with the rest of us for their benefits.

boxcar
01-17-2012, 05:14 PM
we have a balance budget, no increase in property taxes and union people now pay more inline with the rest of us for their benefits.

And all of that is unacceptable! :bang:

But it is acceptable to have Mickey Mouse and Adolf Hitler sign the recall petition.

Boxcar
P.S. Have I ever told anyone we're living in Strange Days?

redshift1
01-17-2012, 05:36 PM
More than 1,000,000 signatures were submitted to the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board today calling for the recall of Governor Scott Walker.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/17/scott-walker-recall-effort-petitions_n_1210032.html

That is almost twice the number needed to trigger a recall election. It also means that Walker would have to successfully challenge 46% of the signatures to prevent the election. Good luck with that. :jump:

Last month Ohio voters repealed the union busting laws of Gov Kasich. This month Wisconsin voters started the process to recalling Scott Walker. And we all know what is going to happen in November. :lol: :lol:

Fear not !!!! Kathy Nickolaus to the rescue.

bigmack
01-17-2012, 05:47 PM
You could search far & wide for a schmoe as confused as Ed Schultz and not find one anymore simpatico than MostPosty.

Puddin'Headed Schultz heped the unions in Ohio with that idiotic move. Now Mosty & Schultz can hep in trashing Wisconsin back into bankruptcy.

Self serving union geeks suck the big one.

http://www.boilermakers.org/files/news/headline_news/2011/L-107_Madison_Rally.jpg

HUSKER55
01-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Wait till the business community taxes go up or wait till the state has a defecit.
or the home owner taxes go up.

rastajenk
01-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Who are the D's going to run against Walker? Anyone with statewide cred?

What a waste of resources it will be when Walker wins easily...again.

NJ Stinks
01-17-2012, 08:53 PM

I look forward to seeing a betting line on Walker winning again.

mostpost
01-17-2012, 10:07 PM

You cut $2B from education. $500 million from health care. Most of the cuts impact the average Wisconsin resident, not Walker's masters.
In any case the balanced budget is balanced in name only.
I agree that union workers should pay the same for their benefits as the rest of you. Not my fault that you are too dumb to join a union.

bigmack
01-17-2012, 10:12 PM
You cut $2B from education. $500 million from health care.
Cut $2 billion?? Prove it. (Watch how he gets these numbers)

mostpost
01-17-2012, 10:14 PM
And all of that is unacceptable! :bang:

But it is acceptable to have Mickey Mouse and Adolf Hitler sign the recall petition.

Boxcar
P.S. Have I ever told anyone we're living in Strange Days?
Congratulations on finding two invalid signatures. :rolleyes: Only 459,790 to go.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Of course the Mickey Mouse and Adolf Hitler signatures were already found by organizers of the recall and never turned in.

mostpost
01-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Cut $2 billion?? Prove it. (Watch how he gets these numbers)
http://www.wisconsinbudgetproject.org/education_cuts_wisconsin.pdf
Up to nearly $2 billion in cuts over the next two
years will leave students with fewer courses in math,
science and other core subjects, along with
dwindling opportunities for career and technical
studies. Class sizes have increased, and teachers and
support staff have been laid off, not only hurting
students but also adding to the state’s already
elevated unemployment rate.
http://markpocanwi.blogspot.com/2011/06/debunking-dishonest-gop-balanced-budget.html
Speech by Wisconsin state representative Mark Pocan including links to non partisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau. Of course none of this will convince you. The facts never do.

bigmack
01-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Of course none of this will convince you. The facts never do.
So if "the dollar change in spending from the last fiscal year to this year dropped $635 per student under Gov. Scott Walker's budget that took effect July 1." New York was in second place, cutting state school aid $585 per student. California was third at $484.

And the idiotic piece you posted said $2B over two years @ $635 per student that would be 1.6 million students. I don't think that fits with reality.

Go find me something from a trusted news source supporting this $2B cut. Now we're talking 2 years. I'll bet that will change with your next linkoid.
--------------------------
Why would you say something so stupid about me not accepting facts? That's all I deal with.

mostpost
01-17-2012, 10:36 PM

The recall organizers collected more than one million signatures from people who want to recall Walker. In 2010 Walker garnered 1,128,941 votes. None of the Democrats who voted for Walker will do so again. Walker did not campaign on destroying unions, cutting education spending and lowering taxes on the top 1%.

Walker's political career is over.

bigmack
01-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Walker's political career is over.
Q: How much has/will the recall effort cost the citizens of WI>?
A: $9 mil.

If Walker is done perhaps a union flunkie can win and run the state into the ground not unlike the USPS. You and your comrades are a bright crew.

REAL bright.

Ocala Mike
01-17-2012, 10:56 PM
The grapes are sour, said the fox, when he could not get at them.

Ocala Mike

highnote
01-17-2012, 11:17 PM
I have only followed the Wisc. story a little, but it seems to me Walker took a big risk by trying to ram through unpopular major changes.

It reminds me of playing the card game Hearts. If you have enough trump cards you can win all the tricks and get a big bonus. If you miscalculate and lose even one hand with a trump card then you stand to lose a lot of points.

It will be interesting to see if Walker is recalled or if he held enough trump cards to win the game.

Personally, my strategy would be to make small, but important cuts and make them slowly while at the same time finding money for grants for small business startups. Not all the small businesses would be successful, but if you get a few home runs you could generate significant revenue for the state as well as a lot of new jobs.

Granting temporary tax cuts to micro businesses would also be a good strategy.

Rather than ask for cuts at the University level, you could ask the professors to take on extra classes and teach subjects that would be valuable to new industry.

Seems to me, you just can't start cutting programs without offering alternatives.

delayjf
01-18-2012, 01:44 AM
Up to nearly $2 billion in cuts over the next two
years will leave students with fewer courses in math,
science and other core subjects, along with
dwindling opportunities for career and technical
studies. Class sizes have increased, and teachers and
support staff have been laid off, not only hurting
students but also adding to the state’s already
elevated unemployment rate.

Samething going on out here in CA, Unions want to raise taxes to pay for their pension plans which are now bankrupting the state. Tax raises have been defeated two years in a row. If I were a millionaire, I'd establish residency in another state.

HUSKER55
01-18-2012, 09:29 AM
i was reading the the states journal that about $535m came from a group he organized to cut fraud, waste and useless departments.

ArlJim78
01-18-2012, 10:10 AM
$50 million spent by unions to obtain 1 million signatures.
I'm sure these are the same people that want corporate money out of politics but have no problem when big labor buys their way in.

Tom
01-18-2012, 12:09 PM
$50 a vote.

BlueShoe
01-18-2012, 12:35 PM
How dare he! The audacity of this man! :eek: Challenging the power of the communist unions. Insisting on fiscal sanity. Trying to restore financial stability in his state. How outrageous for these modern times to expect citizens to actually assume responsibility for their own support and lives and for the education of their children. :rolleyes:

lsbets
01-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Despite the threat to his career, Scott Walker chose to do the right thing and stand up for the people against the corrupt influence of the public employee union bosses. For his courage and actions, Scott Walker is an American hero.

mostpost
01-18-2012, 12:57 PM
$50 a vote.
Wow!!! You can divide!!!

Tom
01-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Not as good as Obama - he is the GREAT Divider.

johnhannibalsmith
01-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Wow!!! You can divide!!!

He should run for President.

bigmack
01-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Big Labor will lower itself to whatever disgusting level is necessary to get what it wants.

Any of those flunkies that don't get it should go back and learn basic math.

Only the most doltish among us buy any of that "squashin' the little guy" TOTAL Bulllshit that Mosty & Co., lap up like a kitty to milk.

Selfish flunkies.

mostpost
01-18-2012, 01:09 PM
$50 a vote.

That should be $50 a signature. That is if they spent $50M, which I doubt.

BlueShoe
01-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Not as good as Obama - he is the GREAT Divider.
All liberals are experts at division. They confiscate and then divide up Other People's Money and spend it on and give it those that never earned any of it in the first place.

NJ Stinks
01-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Big Labor will lower itself to whatever disgusting level is necessary to get what it wants.

Any of those flunkies that don't get it should go back and learn basic math.

Only the most doltish among us buy any of that "squashin' the little guy" TOTAL Bulllshit that Mosty & Co., lap up like a kitty to milk.

Selfish flunkies.

Another pathetic post by the Prince Dolt. (I'd say King Dolt but that would be offensive to kings everywhere. :rolleyes: )

bigmack
01-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Another pathetic post by the Prince Dolt. (I'd say King Dolt but that would be offensive to kings everywhere. :rolleyes: )
Tell us of the hardship endured by these fat slob union creeps since the passage of that draconian legislation that has left them near homeless & pennyless.

What a laugh. What a scam.

Ocala Mike
01-18-2012, 02:07 PM
For his courage and actions, Scott Walker is an American hero.

To the Koch Brothers, yes; to the people of his state apparently not so much.

Ocala Mike

NJ Stinks
01-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Tell us of the hardship endured by these fat slob union creeps since the passage of that draconian legislation that has left them near homeless & pennyless.

What a laugh. What a scam.

It a waste of time presenting facts to you.

(And besides that I'm going out. :) )

lsbets
01-18-2012, 02:14 PM
To the Koch Brothers, yes; to the people of his state apparently not so much.

Ocala Mike

Do you realize how silly your comment sounds to someone who actually knows what the Koch brothers have supported over the years and doesn't just listen to what the enemies of liberty say?

Walker took a courageous stand against the most corrupt influence in our government. He should get a monument and a holiday.

Ocala Mike
01-18-2012, 02:33 PM
"Enemies of liberty" come in all shapes and sizes; you have your list and I have mine.

Ocala Mike

rastajenk
01-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Restoring fiscal sanity makes him an enemy of liberty? What a strange, unfathomable world you live in.

lsbets
01-18-2012, 02:50 PM
"Enemies of liberty" come in all shapes and sizes; you have your list and I have mine.

Ocala Mike

You do realize you have no idea what you are talking about, right? When you parrot the party line about the scary Koch brothers all you do is let people who know the facts know that you haven't a clue. Your post screams "I have no ****ing idea what I'm talking about, but I was told I'm not supposed to like these guys and I should be scared of them."

redshift1
01-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Despite the threat to his career, Scott Walker chose to do the right thing and stand up for the people against the corrupt influence of the public employee union bosses. For his courage and actions, Scott Walker is an American hero.

The real question is, was Walker the driving force behind the controversial
legislation or just the guy bringing the bill. After an inauspicious legislative
record he suddenly careers into a course of no return legislation. Whether you like him or not his actions probably scuttled his political aspirations beyond a single term. He seems more like the "Walter Henke" sort, a handy tool in the short term.

Tom
01-18-2012, 03:59 PM
I think his future is very bright now that he has stood up to gluttony, greed, and thuggery.

2016....he is on my list.
Maybe 2020.....if President Romney is doing a good job. (or President Palin).

mostpost
01-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Do you realize how silly your comment sounds to someone who actually knows what the Koch brothers have supported over the years and doesn't just listen to what the enemies of liberty say.
Here are a few of the things they support.
1.Selling petrochemical equipment to Iran in contravention of a State Department order prohibiting such sales.
2, The end to Social Security, welfare, The Federal Reserve, minimum wage laws, and government regulation.
3. Stealing oil from Federal land.
4. ALEC
5. The CATO institute
6. Americans for prosperity. (The money behind the tea party)
You think these are all great things. I think otherwise.

bigmack
01-18-2012, 04:09 PM
It a waste of time presenting facts to you.

You do realize, it's me you're talking with, right? And you're aware that I'm aware that you NEVER bring facts, right?

So why in the world are you saying something so far removed from reality?

Let me guess; 'cause you naturally feel some camaraderie with whiners & flunkies?

lsbets
01-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Here ya go mosty, might require more thought than you are used to in order to comprehend:

http://reason.com/blog/2011/02/24/evil-koch-bros-support

mostpost
01-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Here ya go mosty, might require more thought than you are used to in order to comprehend:

http://reason.com/blog/2011/02/24/evil-koch-bros-support
copied from the link:
decriminalize drugs,
legalize gay marriage,
repeal the Patriot Act,
end the police state,
cut defense spending.

Not surprising that the Koch Bros. support the first three. They are libertarians. But just because we agree on a few things does not mean our views don't rapidly diverge from there. The Koch bros. may favor decriminalizing drugs and legalizing gay marriage, but they also support voter ID, the end of Social Security, no minimum wage and union busting.

What police state? You should live in a real police state. Maybe then you wouldn't make silly statements.

You are going to have to give me better proof than this that they support cutting defense spending.

Copied from the link:

CATO Institute
Reason Foundation
cancer research
ballet (because seriously: ****. THAT. SHIT.)

Kudos to Davey and Charley for supporting cancer research and ballet. I don't so much subscribe to the theory that they are evil as that they are wrong.

Interesting that the Koch Bros. support the "Reason Foundation," which is where this defense of them is posted. Sounds like a conflict of interest. amirite? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lsbets
01-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Interesting that the Koch Bros. support the "Reason Foundation," which is where this defense of them is posted. Sounds like a conflict of interest. amirite? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Of course you don't agree with them on most things. You believe in tyranny.

Interesting that you missed where the piece wasn't from Reason, Reason linked to it, but I couldn't include the origional link because that site is blacked out today in protest of the attempt of our government to seize control of the internet. A measure which you support (no surprise there).

But you should read Reason, it is one of the finest publications around, unless of course you enjoy your self imposed ignorance.

bigmack
01-18-2012, 10:04 PM
How hohum. A debate of Koch Bros. vrs. Geo Soros. Somebody get me a pillow.

Recitation of 'Koch Bro's are Evil' simply supports the indoctrination of some. Halliburton, Rove, Cheney.... They have a long list from years of programming. It's the deprogramming that's the problem.

I mean, here's a grown man in upstate NY, hcap. And because some dopes decided to occupy some park he's babbling about "The 1%." Talk about programmed.
==================

As evidenced by the generator of this thread, MOSTY, he's well informed on this subject. (Or is it programmed)

Mosty - Do us all a favor and tell us how the state of WI is in a MUCH worse place than before that legislation passed.

All you doubters will learn something from Mosty. Then, we'll check his figures with planet Earth and see the fallout.

Tom
01-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Here are a few of the things they support.
1.Selling petrochemical equipment to Iran in contravention of a State Department order prohibiting such sales.
2, The end to Social Security, welfare, The Federal Reserve, minimum wage laws, and government regulation.
3. Stealing oil from Federal land.
4. ALEC
5. The CATO institute
6. Americans for prosperity. (The money behind the tea party)
You think these are all great things. I think otherwise.

Thanks you, You are my litmus test.
I support all of the above....now more than ever! :lol:

mostpost
01-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Of course you don't agree with them on most things. You believe in tyranny.

Interesting that you missed where the piece wasn't from Reason, Reason linked to it, but I couldn't include the origional link because that site is blacked out today in protest of the attempt of our government to seize control of the internet. A measure which you support (no surprise there).

Talk about self imposed ignorance. The purpose of SOPA and PIPA is to prevent online piracy, not to seize control of the internet. There are a lot of questions about the quality of the bills and it is unlikely they will pass. The intention is a good one.

But you should read Reason, it is one of the finest publications around, unless of course you enjoy your self imposed ignorance.

My limited experience with the site gives me little hope that you are correct.

mostpost
01-18-2012, 11:20 PM
How hohum. A debate of Koch Bros. vrs. Geo Soros. Somebody get me a pillow.

Recitation of 'Koch Bro's are Evil' simply supports the indoctrination of some. Halliburton, Rove, Cheney.... They have a long list from years of programming. It's the deprogramming that's the problem.

I mean, here's a grown man in upstate NY, hcap. And because some dopes decided to occupy some park he's babbling about "The 1%." Talk about programmed.
==================

As evidenced by the generator of this thread, MOSTY, he's well informed on this subject. (Or is it programmed)

Mosty - Do us all a favor and tell us how the state of WI is in a MUCH worse place than before that legislation passed.

All you doubters will learn something from Mosty. Then, we'll check his figures with planet Earth and see the fallout.

Attack the messenger(s) because you do not have the intellect to attack the message. SOP for bigmack

bigmack
01-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Attack the messenger(s) because you do not have the intellect to attack the message. SOP for bigmack
This is why I'm so nuts about ya. I had to look up SOP. Then, I would have gone SoP but it's your caul.

SO, you're not going to itemize how Gov. Wallllker messed up the ENTIRE state of WI?

Oh, I get it, he messed things up for a select group. Self-involved & serving, union 'give me types', right?

Come on, Boy. Tell us how Scotty screwed the State. Don't question my intellect. I'm nuts. Just educate us on how Walker screwed WI. That's actually what the thread is about.

Hit it.........

rastajenk
01-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Here are some of the potential opponents (http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/falk-to-announce-shes-running-today-8o3rnlg-137564273.html) lining up to face Walker. Seems pretty weak.

And here is a comment from one of them: "The Walker way hasn't worked," Falk said. "It has divided our state. It has torn us apart like never before, which is exactly the wrong thing to do for a leader. In challenging times you should be bringing people together."

Yes, nothing brings people together like a recall vote funded by out-of-state money to bring down a politician who actually delivered on campaign promises instead of breaking them.

HUSKER55
01-19-2012, 09:51 AM
THE AVERAGE CLASS SIZE IN WISCONSIN IS 47 AFTER WALKERS CUTS.

As for cuts, there were alot of retirements that did not get counted in the mix. I guess those retirees are paid from a different fund.

I have a friend who runs a math department at the local state college. A lot of general ed courses are now done over the internet which cut the number of classes but they also increased the number of classes where "hands on" were needed.

the only real cuts were in areas where minimum class sizes were up for debate.

like he says, politics is a numbers game with your point of view.

Boris
01-26-2012, 10:38 PM
The governor’s controversial labor reforms are already saving taxpayers millions.

http://www.city-journal.org/2012/22_1_scott-walker.html

Snipage:

The unions’ battle against Walker’s reforms has rested on the argument that the changes would damage public services beyond repair. The truth, however, is that the reforms not only are saving money already; they’re doing so with little disruption to services. In early August, noticing the trend, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that Milwaukee would save more in health-care and pension costs than it would lose in state aid, leaving the city $11 million ahead in 2012—despite Mayor Tom Barrett’s prediction in March that Walker’s budget “makes our structural deficit explode.”

And...

At the outset of the public-union standoff, educators had made dire predictions that Walker’s reforms would force schools to fire teachers. In February, to take one example, Madison School District Superintendent Dan Nerad predicted that 289 teachers in his district would be laid off. Walker insisted that his reforms were actually a job-retention program: by accepting small concessions in health and pension benefits, he argued, school districts would be able to spare hundreds of teachers’ jobs. The argument proved sound. So far, Nerad’s district has laid off no teachers at all, a pattern that has held in many of the state’s other large school districts. No teachers were laid off in Beloit and LaCrosse; Eau Claire saw a reduction of two teachers, while Racine and Wausau each laid off one. The Wauwatosa School District, which faced a $6.5 million shortfall, anticipated slashing 100 jobs—yet the new pension and health contributions saved them all.

Seems the werkers ain't as bad off as Ed "The Cadaver" Schultz would have you to believe. (Hard to believe they don't toss him in a hole when he falls asleep. Looks dead when awake.) Walker has a chance to beat recallmania once the story gets told.

Ocala Mike
01-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Guy's involved in too much dirt; he's the opposite of teflon (flypaper?). Everything seems to stick to him. Think he's toast, unless the D's can't field a candidate with a pulse.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/138099588.html

Ocala Mike

newtothegame
01-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Guy's involved in too much dirt; he's the opposite of teflon (flypaper?). Everything seems to stick to him. Think he's toast, unless the D's can't field a candidate with a pulse.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/138099588.html

Ocala Mike
Ok fair enough Mike but let me ask you as I have only scanned over the article. Is walker being charged with anything? I didnt see that part. Now if you trying to make an argument for guilt by association, what does that say about the current sitting pres???
Not justifying anything....i'm seriously just asking what the point is?
Some people supported walkers campaign while being paid to do other work?

Ocala Mike
01-27-2012, 01:11 AM
Just saying that the guy has a very low popularity rating in his state, and he doesn't need this kind of scandal.

Might turn out to be a "what did he know and when did he know it" kind of thing. Was he so incompetent as not to know what was going on?

Ocala Mike

newtothegame
01-27-2012, 03:22 AM
Just saying that the guy has a very low popularity rating in his state, and he doesn't need this kind of scandal.

Might turn out to be a "what did he know and when did he know it" kind of thing. Was he so incompetent as not to know what was going on?

Ocala Mike
You may be right, but in the end, its gonna be hard to go against the positive numbers his legislation is producing. And unlike the other really cash strapped states like one of their neighbors (I think it's ohio), they are not laying off a lot of civil workers.
Like the guy or not, results is what should matter. Whether or not it does remains to be seen.

bigmack
01-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Is that right?

The poll, conducted between January 19 and January 22, surveyed 701 Wisconsinites. Of the respondents, 51 percent approved of the way Scott Walker was handling his job as governor, as opposed to 46 percent disapproval. This exceeds President Obama’s job-approval rating, which is split at 47 percent.

Wisconsinites are also beginning to move in favor of Walker’s union policies. Not surprisingly, 74 percent of respondents support requiring public employees to pay into their own pension accounts and pay a greater share of their health-insurance premiums.

Has anyone seen Mosty since I asked him how this draconian legislation has made WI worse, particularly in light of the post from the good gentlemen, Boris?

redshift1
01-27-2012, 04:50 AM
From wiki:

City Journal is a quarterly magazine, published by the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, a conservative think tank based in New York City.

Grain of Salt.

newtothegame
01-27-2012, 04:54 AM
From wiki:

City Journal is a quarterly magazine, published by the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, a conservative think tank based in New York City.

Grain of Salt.
No different then your post round' these parts...to be taken with a "grain of salt".....
:lol:

redshift1
01-27-2012, 05:11 AM
This is the internet, right.

HUSKER55
01-27-2012, 05:39 AM
THE university did a poll here in milwaukee and walker was ahead by 8 points

the margin of error was 4 points, but I have no idea how they calculate that.

rastajenk
02-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Potential Walker challengers (http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/elections/cullen-says-no-to-running-in-walker-recall-race/article_1ce62680-4cf9-11e1-a104-0019bb2963f4.html) seem to be fewer and less resourced than the starry-eyed union sympathizers, out-of-state community-organizing activists, and dim Dems supporting an end without the means had in mind.

mostpost
02-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Potential Walker challengers (http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/elections/cullen-says-no-to-running-in-walker-recall-race/article_1ce62680-4cf9-11e1-a104-0019bb2963f4.html) seem to be fewer and less resourced than the starry-eyed union sympathizers, out-of-state community-organizing activists, and dim Dems supporting an end without the means had in mind.

Your story is about one candidate dropping out, but you make it seem that all the potential Democratic candidates are in financial difficulty. You are extrapolating from insufficient data. Do you handicap by looking at the past performances of one horse?

As for the polls, let's wait until the Dems have chosen a candidate before we put too much stock in the polls.

Tom
02-02-2012, 12:30 PM
As for the polls, let's wait until the REPUBS have chosen a candidate before we put too much stock in the polls.

hcap.....hear that? :D

Valuist
06-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Intrade listing Scott Walker's chances at winning the recall election at 93.8%.

ArlJim78
06-01-2012, 10:37 AM
It's a foregone conclusion. Walker has turned the state around and delivered on his promises. Unions are always fighting against sensible reforms which in the end prove to be successful. They strenuously fight for the status quo even when it is clear to everyone that the status quo cannot be maintained.

HUSKER55
06-01-2012, 01:10 PM
TOM BARRET did not participate in memorial ceremonies and instead went to a union group to campaign. He was quoted as saying, I've done that before so I needed votes.

Another other snaffu by Tom was when an interviewer asked him to name a school that was in trouble because of Walker?

his answer,...the prison guards.

guys...you can not make this stuff up.

Tom
06-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Obama continues to distance himself from the dem candidate.
He is in the area today and no plans to stop by.

Mike at A+
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM
He just gave his rah-rah speech at Honeywell. Of course they all politely cheered him. They have jobs. How anyone could believe a word spewed by that lying sack of excrement is beyond reason. Blame Europe, blame Bush, blame Congress, yadda yadda yadda. Meanwhile gold shot up like a rocket during his teleprompter reading.

mostpost
06-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Intrade listing Scott Walker's chances at winning the recall election at 93.8%.
How can that be when most polls are within the margin of error?

GaryG
06-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Obama continues to distance himself from the dem candidate.
He is in the area today and no plans to stop by.Somebody gave him some good advice....look what has happened to the candidates for whom he has campigned... remember Teddy's old seat? And the Virginia gov race where he made his "wake up cousin pooky" speech with the chittlin accent? :lol: :lol:

Valuist
06-01-2012, 02:32 PM

Now its actually 95%

http://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/contract/?contractId=759686

ArlJim78
06-01-2012, 02:41 PM
So they send Bill Clinton up to Milwaukee to show support for Barrett, a giant crowd of 400 shows up, which included one lone Walker supporter. So how does the Milwaukee police depart handle it? They arrest the walker supporter (http://althouse.blogspot.com/2012/06/at-clinton-barrett-rally-theyre.html).

think about how tolerant the police were last year in Madison when they let those hooligans ransack and occupied the capital, shouting down politicians simply reporting for work with "This is what democracy looks like" chants, every republican pol in Wisconsin rec'd death threats, yet I don't recall any arrests.

Yet one guy shows up at the Clinton/Barrett rally and he's arrested?
I thought that was what democracy looked like.

Saratoga_Mike
06-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Now its actually 95%

http://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/contract/?contractId=759686

I'm a big intrade fan, too, but it's interesting to note Obama was at 97 (odds of winning NH primary) the day b/f the NH primary.

Tom
06-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Police are union too, right.

Police no longer protect and serve the people.
At best, they are ticket-givers to rape the honest working man of his money for the leftist governments. And of course, protect the union boy brothers from reality.

Have fun today boys, your time is nearing the end.
Dinosaurs like you boys are no longer needed.

Hmmmm.....Wonder where they were when Monica was three inches from his pecker?

Valuist
06-01-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm a big intrade fan, too, but it's interesting to note Obama was at 97 (odds of winning NH primary) the day b/f the NH primary.

Nobody should ever be 97% of anything in New Hampshire. Just too much a sparsely populated state to be taken seriously. At least Wisky has two decent sized cities.

bigmack
06-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Wisconsin membership in the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees-the state's second-largest public-sector union after the National Education Association, which represents teachers-fell to 28,745 in February from 62,818 in March 2011, according to a person who has viewed Afscme's figures. A spokesman for Afscme declined to comment.

To save you from having to crack out your calculator, that's a drop of 34,073, or 54%. That's weird. After all that hullabaloo from all your comrades, camping out in Madison, and now they're bailing out in droves. :lol:

Saratoga_Mike
06-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Nobody should ever be 97% of anything in New Hampshire. Just too much a sparsely populated state to be taken seriously. At least Wisky has two decent sized cities.

But the presidential primary polling is much more extensive than the polling in WI for this race.