PDA

View Full Version : Pasco S. breakdown

egreen
01-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Does anyone know if For Oby was euthanized after breaking down following yesterday's Pasco S. at Tampa? @Derbycontenders tweeted before the race that this one had failed a vet exam for a sale. Sounds like the connections were running an unsound horse.

Hard2Like
01-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Read where For Oby was euthanized after breaking down at end of race.Jockey Delgado was taken to local care center for examination.Thats all I can find online.Failed vet exam doesnt sound good.Info per horse racing nation.com and drf.com.

egreen
01-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the update. I couldn't find anything online earlier. Very sad news, particularly in light of the failed vet exam. Didn't have to happen.

onefast99
01-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Does anyone know if For Oby was euthanized after breaking down following yesterday's Pasco S. at Tampa? @Derbycontenders tweeted before the race that this one had failed a vet exam for a sale. Sounds like the connections were running an unsound horse.
How do you know the reason the horse failed a pre-sale vet exam had anything to do with the injury the horse suffered that led to him going down?

egreen
01-16-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't know the cause of the breakdown. I know from the potential buyer that the horse was unsound. Strikes me as something that should be investigated.

breeze
01-16-2012, 10:28 PM
A sales horse can fail a vet exam for reasons other than lameness.

onefast99
01-17-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't know the cause of the breakdown. I know from the potential buyer that the horse was unsound. Strikes me as something that should be investigated.
Investigate what? If the horse took a bad step? You made a very generalized statement that the potential buyer deemed the horse unsound. Was there any reasons listed?

Robert Fischer
01-17-2012, 09:19 AM

are you 1000% sure of this ??

Please notify the racing authorities, thank you, the animals thank you as well. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
01-17-2012, 09:25 AM

Wait? What?

Please disregard the previous post.

I recently had a stroke and it is difficult to type but this is upsetting that someone would make reckless accusations.

I thought you were being a champion of these majestic animals, but while there is some possibility of your fears being true, it seems that this was a very reckless post based on a wild guess.

Hopefully isn't causing pain to the connections

turninforhome10
01-17-2012, 09:44 AM

Unsound and failing a Vet exam are 2 different animals. Skip Away failed a Vet exam and that is how Sunny Hine got him back. Be careful with the difference.

egreen
01-17-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm only saying that it merits investigation. Nothing more. The potential buyer told me Sunday he had passed on the sale because the horse was unsound. He informed the owners of his vet's findings when declining the purchase.

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2012, 11:05 AM
How exactly was he unsound? If you can't provide this info, this thread will need to be edited and/or closed.

I'm only saying that it merits investigation. Nothing more. The potential buyer told me Sunday he had passed on the sale because the horse was unsound. He informed the owners of his vet's findings when declining the purchase.