PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Daily Show

Dave Schwartz
01-14-2012, 11:08 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-12-2012/civil-disservice

Civil Disservice
John Oliver interviews Froma Harrop, the president of the National Conference of Editorial Writers, to find out how to restore civility to America's public discourse.

JustRalph
01-14-2012, 01:19 PM
She has always been goofy

I actually exchanged emails with her a few years ago, we were arguing over inaccuracies in some column she wrote

Needless to say she didn't change her opine no matter What evidence afforded her

PaceAdvantage
01-14-2012, 01:53 PM
That made me actually laugh out loud...

mostpost
01-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Is it the contention here that (a) John Oliver was trying to point out the dichotomy between Harrop's position on the civility board and her not so civil column and she was too obtuse to see it, or (b) it was a funny, scripted bit in which she poked fun at herself? Choose one.

Dave Schwartz
01-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Sorry, I choose both.

PaceAdvantage
01-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Is it the contention here that (a) John Oliver was trying to point out the dichotomy between Harrop's position on the civility board and her not so civil column and she was too obtuse to see it, or (b) it was a funny, scripted bit in which she poked fun at herself? Choose one.It would have to be b)

Nobody (sans a few choice lefties here in off-topic) is that clueless.... :lol:

JustRalph
01-14-2012, 04:53 PM
It evolved into B from what I have read. Including the stuff on her own website. I read about this yesterday maybe? Watched the vid on HOTAIR and she has more on her personal website.

Daily Show got their mileage out of it.........

bigmack
01-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Clearly, mosty, read many of the comments from the Daily Shoe. Little known fact is that he reads GOBS of comments on other sites. That's how he forms many of his "stances."

I do note they seem to be a bit more of an eloquent crowd over there than here. :rolleyes:

mostpost
01-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Clearly, mosty, read many of the comments from the Daily Shoe. Little known fact is that he reads GOBS of comments on other sites. That's how he forms many of his "stances."

I do note they seem to be a bit more of an eloquent crowd over there than here. :rolleyes:
Regarding your first paragraph, completely false.
Regarding your second paragraph; wherever I am is where the eloquent crowd is. :lol: :lol:

bigmack
01-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Regarding your first paragraph, completely false.
Regarding your second paragraph; wherever I am is where the eloquent crowd is. :lol: :lol:
That's how I lose out on all that high-end trim to guys like you.

It's your eloquence!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/80s-yearbook-18.jpg