PDA

View Full Version : Horsetourneys.com

Midnight Cruiser
01-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Has anyone tried one of their contests? It looks like they have a couple of more this weekend. Would be curious to hear the wisdom of this board as it pertains to online contests such as the above. Thanks in advance and I'll hang up and listen.

Beachbabe
01-12-2012, 09:16 PM
I've used Horseplayersqualify and was very satisfied. Took 8th place in one of their contests last year & won an entry & travel voucher (a check) to a tournament in California. All info; tickets and check were delivered as promised and competent, friendly hosts (hostesses) if you have any questions.
Haven't played in any of Horsetourneys yet (They're affiliated with Ellis Park) but their entry fee for sunday's HPWS is reasonable considering the amount of players and the prize pkg worth $1500 with a chance to make an even bigger score in the HPWS.

Midnight Cruiser
01-13-2012, 11:32 AM
I've used Horseplayersqualify and was very satisfied. Took 8th place in one of their contests last year & won an entry & travel voucher (a check) to a tournament in California. All info; tickets and check were delivered as promised and competent, friendly hosts (hostesses) if you have any questions.
Haven't played in any of Horsetourneys yet (They're affiliated with Ellis Park) but their entry fee for sunday's HPWS is reasonable considering the amount of players and the prize pkg worth $1500 with a chance to make an even bigger score in the HPWS.

Thanks Beachbabe. Thinking about entering on Sunday. 70 bucks seems fair. Also, am I reading the past leaderboards correctly in that these things turn into a quest for longshots? It seems as if there are very few people in the top 3 or 4 that are cashing anything other that bombers. Just curious...

Beachbabe
01-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks Beachbabe. Thinking about entering on Sunday. 70 bucks seems fair. Also, am I reading the past leaderboards correctly in that these things turn into a quest for longshots? It seems as if there are very few people in the top 3 or 4 that are cashing anything other that bombers. Just curious...

M.C.
I don't think a quest for longshots is really necessary. Since the races are already picked that you can play, its not like you can shop different tracks for some longshot play.
Where the quest for a price horse enters the picture is the last couple of races, where you may have to go beyond your figure horse and take a stab at something so that you can get into that top-tier. Having said that, in one contest I thought I was too far behind entering the last 3 races and I threw out my first picks searching for a price and then watched my original picks win, which would have put me, at least, among the bottom-level prize winners.
Payoffs are capped at 20-1 for win & 10-1 for place, so there really is no sense in "shooting for the moon". A mid-level price can get you right back in the hunt.

infrontby1
01-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Meanwhile, look at the leader's results who took home the bacon in today's contest. (The $70 buy in)

He managed to finish in front of of 125 other contestants and missed two out of the ten races, failing to make a selection in those races.

Go figure.