PDA

View Full Version : Neglected horses in Louisiana...very sad story

cj
01-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Some of these pictures are pretty graphic. There is a link for donations to help out for those interested.

http://www.teamkeen.com/manylahorseseizure.html

turninforhome10
01-12-2012, 10:59 AM
From a TB Champions forum: “Louisiana Horse Rescue Association recently posted this list of dead/alive broodmares, given to them by Charles Ford, owner of the farm. Obviously, many yet remain to be verified. I’d heard that previous owners of Crossed Wire were actually going to go to Sabine Parish, LA, hoping to find her alive and to take her into their care. Unfortunately, it appears that that will not be possible.
ALIVE:
Auto B A Pro
Beautiful Lyrics
Beep Beep
Brassie Road
Bunny Cat
Cayla’s Playmate (euthanized during rescue))
Da Vinna
Dance Recital
Daring Tru (found dead horse with this collar)
Dillydalydeed
Fabulous Gamble
Formal Blossom
Galorious
I Dream of Jeanie D
Jewelry Talks
Le Big Time (claims to have given away)
Maggie’s Missy
Monita’s High Stepper (claims to have given away)
Moonlight Mango
Nassau Bound
Radcliff (claims to have given away)
Salty Cowgirl
Sattidy’s Girl
Sheikra
Tactical Vixen
DEAD:
Algebra
Ambitt’s Bullet
Anti Versay
Avie’s Trick
Bemybabytonite
Beyers Fortune
Call Me Eppi
Claudcat
Crossed Wire
Flattermeforever
George Sand
Great Aunt Alice
I Had To Laugh
Invalidate
Lady Di’s Kipper
Lissanisky
Miss Salty Gift
Notice
Ohnoitsmotherinlaw
O’Nora
Party Dreams
Pewter Power
Ralina
Samuri Dancer
Smokin Bonnie
Tiff’s Problem
Winterland”

Shelby
01-12-2012, 11:57 AM
I am absolutely horrified and sickened.

How in the hell has this guy gotten away with doing this for so many years???????? Does this man race somewhere???? What freaking track would allow him??? Does he have a trainers license?

I couldn't look at some of the pictures. :(

RXB
01-12-2012, 02:41 PM
I donate to my local horse retirement organization and encourage everyone to offer financial/volunteer assistance to at least one of these rescue/retirement efforts.

Hopefully Mr. Ford will be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

precocity
01-13-2012, 07:15 AM
this makes me sick :mad: hope they put hiss azz in a state penitentiary so the big boys can have there way with him and throw away the key!!!

precocity
01-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Radcliff (claims to have given away)
wow what a great excuse :mad:

maddog42
01-13-2012, 07:55 AM
I am absolutely horrified and sickened.

How in the hell has this guy gotten away with doing this for so many years???????? Does this man race somewhere???? What freaking track would allow him??? Does he have a trainers license?

I couldn't look at some of the pictures. :(

This is not right. We need to treat our own better. I remember wagering on a few of these horses. Algebra? Equbase show a few horses with this name, so I can't be sure which one....

Tom
01-13-2012, 09:05 AM
We need to start sending cash down there today. They need help fast to save some of these poor animals. Byk had a fantastic first hour Thursday about this with one of the saviors of the horses.....catch it!

precocity
01-13-2012, 09:24 AM
We need to start sending cash down there today. They need help fast to save some of these poor animals. Byk had a fantastic first hour Thursday about this with one of the saviors of the horses.....catch it!

sending some cash today? hope others on here can send what they can. sad story.. :ThmbUp:

CincyHorseplayer
01-13-2012, 10:38 AM
That is complete nauseating BS.How could one ever let things get to that point?And this is the 2nd time in a year I believe this has happened?I can't donate much but I will.This makes me sad and furious.

Shelby
01-13-2012, 11:31 AM
I sent $50.00. If we all do a tiny bit, maybe it will add up to help a lot.

Tom
01-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey guys....:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Beachbabe
01-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Unbelievable !!!!! :(

I just made a decent size donation via Paypal.

mjw
01-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Made a Paypal donation this morning as well.

nijinski
01-14-2012, 12:41 AM
There were also dogs found dead on the property . This dispicable mad man posted bail and i hear he's free. We really need have some laws amended and those who are authorities on animal protection need to be able to do act within 24 hours of discovery . The fifteen days is not fair to these suffering animals.