PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Conditional wager help needed

RichieP
01-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Does anyone know of a legit ADW that will take Canadian players AND also offers a conditional wager betting interface.

Trying to help a friend who is telling me they might be closed out of PTC.

Thanks in advance

HoofedInTheChest
01-12-2012, 12:07 PM
You might want to check out AmWest Entertainment.

Ted Craven
01-12-2012, 03:16 PM
AmWest can't accept Canadians (terms of their agreement with Woodbine Entertainment). BetPTC was perhaps the last holdout US ADW, and that may now be changing.

Comment from BetPTC is welcomed!

Ted

HoofedInTheChest
01-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Hey Ted
I thought i read that you use AmWest, i figured it was open to Canadians, even people from Huntsville. lol
Are there any ADW's that cater to us frost bitten Canadians, i was going to open an account with PTC but if that is going south it looks like no fraction betting for us Canucks.

Hoof

Ted Craven
01-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I did use Amwest, but was invited to discontinue ...

It seems there's always a 'snake in the garden'. As Canadians, on the one hand, we enjoy no taxes on wagering, and (in Southern Ontario) one of the best racetracks and racing product (Woodbine) on the continent; yet on the other hand no relief from takeout (unless you go offshore) and a wagering site in HPI which is falling behind the times and now feels rather clunky. It's not Woodbine's fault for no fractional exotic wagering on other tracks (that's Canadian PariMutuel Association law), but it's a major loss for Canadians.

AmWest is hands down the best ADW in my experience so far, and I'd encourage non-Canadians to check it out for its great conditional wagering, video, clean UI and great rebates (through the related Player's Organization).

Like Richie in his opening post, I am really curious if any other onshore ADW is still accepting Canadians (likely one which is foregoing Woodbine's signal).

Ted

HoofedInTheChest
01-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up, that is unfortunate that we get the short end of the stick. I was not aware that fractional betting was out of Woodbine's hands, i was going to raise a stink about that especially after Woodbine opened fractional betting to American's.

Looks like i'm stuck with HPI for now, and i agree it is getting very clunky to use especially on a iPhone or a iPad, it's like pulling teeth trying to navigate around the pages.