PDA

View Full Version : GOP Governor pardons Murders

Robert Goren
01-11-2012, 02:37 PM
If a democratic governor had done this there be no end to the conservative outrage, but since a conservative GOP governor did it, there is deafening silence. I guess they must be too busy checking out how many maids Michele Obama has to worry about convicted murders being set free.

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Outgoing Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour has pardoned at least four convicted killers who worked as inmate trusties at the Governor's Mansion, including a man who was denied parole less than two weeks ago.

http://www.fox28.com/story/16473524/report-ms-gov-barbour-pardons-convicted-murderer

GameTheory
01-11-2012, 02:47 PM
If a democratic governor had done this there be no end to the conservative outrage, but since a conservative GOP governor did it, there is deafening silence. I guess they must be too busy checking out how many maids Michele Obama has to worry about convicted murders being set free.

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Outgoing Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour has pardoned at least four convicted killers who worked as inmate trusties at the Governor's Mansion, including a man who was denied parole less than two weeks ago.

http://www.fox28.com/story/16473524/report-ms-gov-barbour-pardons-convicted-murderer
You have no outrage of your own? Just at the lack of other's outrage?

It is shameful in any case -- there was no hint that these men were wrongfully convicted and apparently were pardoned for no other reason than it is tradition for those that land those trustee jobs at the governor's mansion to be released...

bigmack
01-11-2012, 02:55 PM
One wonders the strength of medication Goren has to be on to make the incredibly misguided statements like he does. The press is 'hush hush' on the case because Barbour is a R, & then he posts the story from Fox.

thaskalos
01-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Pardoning murderers because they have..."proven to be diligent and dedicated workmen"?

Truth is stranger than fiction...

Tom
01-11-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm still outraged over the Clinton pardons when he left office.
Get in line Bobby......when someone explains why THOSE were ok, I will have room more new outrage.

LottaKash
01-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Truth is stranger than fiction...

Birds of a feather flock together....Gangsters and Murderers too, it seems....

What a crazy and perilous time we live in....:eek:

best,

Robert Goren
01-11-2012, 03:17 PM
One wonders the strength of medication Goren has to be on to make the incredibly misguided statements like he does. The press is 'hush hush' on the case because Barbour is a R, & then he posts the story from Fox.It from a local fox station via the AP. I tried to find a Fox News story on it to no avail. That doesn't mean there isn't one, just that I couldn't find one. CNN is carrying the story. My point is that a democratic governor like Jerry Brown had done this, there would have been a thread on it before the ink was dry on the pardons and by now there be 4 pages in the thread. I waited a couple of days to see if anyone else would start a thread. To tell you the truth I was sure somebody would start one. I guess the conservatives who post here are only outraged when a democrat pardons murderers. They must think it is ok for republicans to do it.
Of course in bigmack's case, this is not surprising since he never says anything bad about a conservative republican politician.

Robert Goren
01-11-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm still outraged over the Clinton pardons when he left office.
Get in line Bobby......when someone explains why THOSE were ok, I will have room more new outrage.They weren't. So because he did it, it makes these ok?

bigmack
01-11-2012, 03:21 PM
They must think it is ok for republicans to do it.
Of course in bigmack's case, this is not surprising since he never says anything bad about a conservative republican politician.
Don't you remember; I watch MSNBC. WAY better than Comedy Central.

They didn't mention anything of it so I was unaware. If they didn't mention anything of it, does that fly in the face of your lame argument? Not that they're biased over there. :D

Tom
01-11-2012, 03:21 PM
CNN had to carry it - they have totally ignored Fast and Furious and Solydro....the have to air something. Relax, Bobby - FAST and FURIOUS will kill far people than these guys will. That is on Obama.

Ooops...there it is......

http://www.fox40tv.com/news/local/story/Haley-Barbours-Pardons/baL2jxuDd0CVzIowDDlspw.cspx

TJDave
01-11-2012, 03:23 PM
The pardons article should be repealed.

IMO, the only person who should have the power of commutation or pardon is the victim...or their family.

Tom
01-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Even Fox Sports is on the story.......

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Outgoing-Miss-guv-pardons-Brett-
Favres-brother-58063140

Robert Goren
01-11-2012, 03:43 PM
CNN had to carry it - they have totally ignored Fast and Furious and Solydro....the have to air something. Relax, Bobby - FAST and FURIOUS will kill far people than these guys will. That is on Obama.

Ooops...there it is......

http://www.fox40tv.com/news/local/story/Haley-Barbours-Pardons/baL2jxuDd0CVzIowDDlspw.cspx Still a local station, not the news network.
"Fast and Furious" is another case when a republican does it there is no conservative outrage. Bush's ATF had the same program. It was called "Operation Wide Receiver". No conservative said a word about it when Bush was president.

bigmack
01-11-2012, 03:56 PM
"Fast and Furious" is another case when a republican does it there is no conservative outrage. Bush's ATF had the same program. It was called "Operation Wide Receiver". No conservative said a word about it when Bush was president.
Stop, before you make an even bigger buffoon of yourself.

They were not even close to being the same thing.

Goren on a media conspiracy. :lol:

JustRalph
01-11-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't get this one at all. For one thing it signals Barbour retiring from politics. No way he ever runs again I.e. Willie Horton moments

I guess he meant it when he said he was done with politics

Tom
01-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Maybe he is forming a gang for his next career....being in politics, we know he is a crook......just saying....

GameTheory
01-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Pardons blocked by judge.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/11/justice/mississippi-pardons/index.html

Tom
01-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Good.
What was that moron thinking pardoning all those people?
He MUST have made a ton of money selling pardons.
Good-bye to garbage. Hope they investigate HIS terms in office.

LottaKash
01-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Good.
Good-bye to garbage. Hope they investigate HIS terms in office.

Tom, they won't, that would be politically incorrect....The times we live in, you know..."The Gangster-Times"

best,

JustRalph
01-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Pardons blocked by judge.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/11/justice/mississippi-pardons/index.html

from your link:

"The pardons were intended to allow them to find gainful employment or acquire professional licenses as well as hunt and vote. My decision about clemency was based upon the recommendation of the Parole Board in more than 90 percent of the cases," Barbour wrote. "The 26 people released from custody due to clemency is just slightly more than one-tenth of 1 percent of those incarcerated."

Half of the people who were released were placed on indefinite suspension "due to (chronic) medical reasons because their health care expenses were costing the state so much money," Barbour said.

This is very common to save money. Many states are doing this now.

It still doesn't address the convicts that were recently released though. If he hadn't done those, I wouldn't see any problem.

Tom
01-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Bill the inmates.