PDA

View Full Version : Forget the Form, Bet Idabet' Tebow's 3:16

IdaBet.com
01-11-2012, 12:39 PM
The more astute horse racing fan uses past performances to make educated selections on the races, but they are also never immune from a good hunch. Idabet.com, a United States based account deposit wagering service for online and phone betting on the races is giving their players the opportunity to jump on the Tim Tebow craze involving the numbers 3-1-6 with a series of promotions this Saturday, January 14.

In the past Tebow has painted 3:16 under his eyes and refers to the Bible verse John 3:16. This past Sunday, Tebow threw for 316 yards in an overtime win in the wildcard playoffs and had an average 31.6 yards per catch. Even more remarkable, it was reported that the last quarter hour TV ratings for the game was 31.6. Tebow has been a lightning rod for his upfront religious beliefs and set Twitter ablaze after Sunday’s victory.

Idabet.com which takes bets daily on thoroughbred and harness racetracks worldwide will feature this Saturday (Tebow’s next playoff game) specials for hunch players to have the opportunity to get in on action with the following:

• Players who bet at least $316 in their Idabet.com account Saturday will receive an additional 1% cash rewards for the day.

• If you win a Trifecta wager (3-1-6 in exact order) on any race that takes place Saturday, you will not only win that bet, but Idabet.com will give the player an additional $100 (One per player).

•If you bet a horse to win, with part of its name containing Tim or Timothy, the bettor not only wins that bet if the horse wins, but gets a bonus $25 from Idabet.com (One player, any horse racing this Saturday)

“Racing has always been recognized as the one form of gambling where using your mind and research allows a bettor to improve their odds of winning. However, we are always full of stories of hunches, lucky numbers or even dreams that create wild payoffs for many players. With the Tim Tebow coincidences this week, we can expect such players to take a 3-1-6 shot and we are excited to join in on the fun to enhance their winnings,” said Melissa Bernard, owner of Idabet.com.

Idabet.com is available to players in most states where online and phone betting is legal. To open an account visit Idabet.com or call 877-782-9994. Idabet.com is based in Rigby, Idaho with services regulated and licensed by the Oregon Racing Commission.

For more information visit IdaBet.com or contact Steve Kallens at Steve@IdaBet.com (Steve@IdaBet.com)

Tom
01-11-2012, 12:53 PM
After his third touchdown pass, he was "666"

Some_One
01-11-2012, 07:25 PM
I can't play because Im Canadian, but what a good and fun promotion. These of the type of things the industry should be doing more of IMO. Hope it proves successful for you

bob60566
01-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Yes Hpi in Canada give its members $10 for each new member sign up.

Please email me prior to sign up.

Mac;)

dansan
01-11-2012, 07:36 PM
extra $100 why not $316 then maybe I'll believe

horses4courses
01-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Living in California, I couldn't join Idabet even if I wanted to..... :bang:

Y'all know we're a bunch of heathens out here, anyways

jerry-g
01-11-2012, 09:55 PM
People will buy into all most anything. The guy that came up with this became and over night millionaire. I'm jerry-g and I approved this message.

camourous
01-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Yet another nice promotion from IDABET, this along with the amazing sign up bonuses, friend referral program(contact me if interested) and wonderful customer service make them one of the best in the industry.. Also i scanned the Harness entries and there are 2 Tim horses entered so far, including Up Front Tim T at Yonkers.. If thats not a hunch bet i don't know what is

iceknight
01-12-2012, 10:32 AM
This is a fun promotion from Idabet and if someone wants to set aside a small amount of dollars for "hunch" betting involving 3-1-6 where you have at least one of the horses on key, it is well worth betting those 10 different $1 trifectas. (ie if you set aside 10 for this try) one of those could hit, give you a return AND you would get the idabet promo.

If anyone wants to join and get an extra bonus for the referral (pls contact me) and their bonuses as well rebates are quite good! You can add money using Greendot/Pinpocket as well other options.

I use idabet and betptc equally based on their rebate programs!

PhantomOnTour
01-12-2012, 11:22 AM
:sleeping:
I find this promo quite knee-jerk and not cleverly designed...sorry.
Clearly it was born sometime Sunday afetrnoon and implemented soon after that...hasty at best.

I am a Steelers fan (in the interest of full disclosure :D )

picojim
01-12-2012, 01:46 PM
•If you bet a horse to win, with part of its name containing Tim or Timothy, the bettor not only wins that bet if the horse wins, but gets a bonus $25 from Idabet.com (One player, any horse racing this Saturday)

I didnt see any Tim or Timothy horses running Saturday

do horses named Timber count?

camourous
01-12-2012, 02:32 PM
there are 2 harness horses that are entered, Up Front Tim T at Yonkers, and there is another one entered i believe at Northville

Robert Goren
01-12-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't have a problem with Tim stuff, But the 3:16 is in poor taste to say the least. As a Christian, I am offended by it. The message of John 3:16 is the cornerstone of the Christian religion.

Pace Cap'n
01-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Actually, almost all the books in the Bible have a 3:16.

Track Collector
01-12-2012, 06:02 PM
I don't have a problem with Tim stuff, But the 3:16 is in poor taste to say the least. As a Christian, I am offended by it. The message of John 3:16 is the cornerstone of the Christian religion.

Like Robert here, I am offended and put off by this reference to 3:16.

I think issuing an apology AND retracting the promotion (or at least modifying it to remove references to 3:16) would be an appropriate action on the part of IdaBet.

Trying to cash in on the demeaning of the Christian religion's most important scripture reference.....:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::mad::mad:

PaceAdvantage
01-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Like Robert here, I am offended and put off by this reference to 3:16.

I think issuing an apology AND retracting the promotion (or at least modifying it to remove references to 3:16) would be an appropriate action on the part of IdaBet.

Trying to cash in on the demeaning of the Christian religion's most important scripture reference.....:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::mad::mad:That's a little harsh, don't you think?

I don't think the intent of this promotion was in any way to demean Christianity and I think it's absurd to even hint that it has done so.

But, you have a right to your opinion and so do I...

Are you and Robert offended with Tebow himself and his past use of 3:16 during sporting events?

Track Collector
01-13-2012, 12:54 AM
That's a little harsh, don't you think?

I don't think the intent of this promotion was in any way to demean Christianity and I think it's absurd to even hint that it has done so.

Are you and Robert offended with Tebow himself and his past use of 3:16 during sporting events?

Yes, that was a little harsh, and posted in the heat of the moment. (I know they meant no harm......it just seemed irreverent to ME.).

I can not speak for Robert, but I have no problem with Tebow and his use of John 3:16, nor do I have a problem with anyone else using references to their faith and/or religion. Topics such as religion are often very polarizing, where folks can exhibit great passion.

PaceAdvantage
01-13-2012, 01:44 AM
My response to you was probably a little harsh in itself now that I look at it again...and for that I apologize...

cosmicway
01-13-2012, 03:43 AM
I played 007 on the first ever three number lotto competition and won 100 euro.

Robert Goren
01-13-2012, 05:23 AM
That's a little harsh, don't you think?

Are you and Robert offended with Tebow himself and his past use of 3:16 during sporting events? Tebow openly thanks God for his achievements in sports. Forcing it down people throats is wrong. There is a fine line here and he certainly comes very close to it sometimes. Mocking another person religion is never right. If you are a Christian there is also the the thing about using the Lord's name in vain. I think some of the people who are Tebowing are very close to that line as well.
While Idabets have every right to use the number 316 in their promotions, I wish they wouldn't. Like I said I don't have a problem with their use of the name Tim. I hope they can figure out other ways to promote their business without involving references to the Bible.
Although I don't use their services because of where I live, they appear to be a very good company and I wish them the best in what is very competitive market place for smaller ADWs these days.

cosmicway
01-13-2012, 08:42 AM
It's extraordinary how these things attract women.
If you are unmarried, the broads nowadays are like this:
They come to your house accompanied by the chartered surveyors.
The tax returns are perused with the utmost of attention, the whatever you call it piece describing land based property. If the kitchen is found a few square millimeters short, it's goodbye.
And yet when they go out they do these things ...
Amazing.

Robert Goren
01-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Huh?

PhantomOnTour
01-13-2012, 09:43 AM
This promotion is pure Pavlovia

Track Collector
01-13-2012, 09:51 AM
My response to you was probably a little harsh in itself now that I look at it again...and for that I apologize...

I was trying to think of a possible parallel, and while perhaps a stretch, the day 09/11 came to mind. I guess if someone heard the term 9-1-1 used a lot (and did not know its' significance) and tried to use those numbers to profit in some way, a lot of people could be offended.

As to IdaBet, I still have an inactive account with them, as I am prohibited from wagering with them due to contract restrictions which came about when they secured the Monarch track content. I have personally met the owners and have corresponded by e-mail with Melissa on a number of topics. They are nice people, and I especially like that they represent local horsemen in an area which is far removed from the big-time, commercial racing interests. I'll be stopping in to see them the next time I get out to the Boise/Idaho Falls area.

Regarding this thread, I"m ready (like I'm sure others are) to move on now.

Shelby
01-13-2012, 11:35 AM
I think it's great!

It's creative and, it's not offensive to me in the least. If anything, it's great advertising for the Bible. :)

LottaKash
01-13-2012, 11:45 AM
I think it's great!

It's creative and, it's not offensive to me in the least. If anything, it's great advertising for the Bible. :)

Shelby, I 2d-that....I am a concerned Bible Reader as well...

Besides, I don't believe that God gets involved whatsoever, when it comes to grown men playing a schoolboy game...Wishful thinking, I'd say...

Surely a man can be blessed with wisdom enough to know how to do things correctly, and football wouldn't be an exception I don't think, when it comes to wisdom, but I surely don't believe that God cares about who the heck wins a game...

best,

A. Pineda
01-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Shelby, I 2d-that....I am a concerned Bible Reader as well...

Besides, I don't believe that God gets involved whatsoever, when it comes to grown men playing a schoolboy game...Wishful thinking, I'd say...

Surely a man can be blessed with wisdom enough to know how to do things correctly, and football wouldn't be an exception I don't think, when it comes to wisdom, but I surely don't believe that God cares about who the heck wins a game...

best,

There go my hunch bets on the No Saints and the LA Angels.

cosmicway
01-13-2012, 12:28 PM
It's a trick de le votanic.
He goes after the funny-ha-ha people and also the mild bible belters who are not ashamed to have a small flutter.
Are we to expect numbers from the Koran, the dodekatheon, Hebrew and Hindu also ?
If you look at it objectively, it is of course a sin to make fun out of bible passages.

IdaBet.com
01-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Thanks for good words. I used to market live racetracks and in fact left the industry for ten years because our own industry didn't market properly.

I'm trying to make even an ADW, a little bit like going to the track and I used to do some crazy promotions.

At the tracks, simulcasting did away with the socialization part of racing with everyone in their own island. In fact, without bantering among players, you lose a real opportunity to learn more.

Of course online wagering while a great addition, it really takes the fun of going to the races away. Hopefully, fun promos like this will give you a taste of the past.

Thanks again.

IdaBet.com
01-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Track Collector...I'm sorry you could not find the humor and fun with our promotion. As Tebow mania has exploded this week, just about everyone has jumped onboard and most of what I've seen is good nature.

While I believe Tim did not seek out all of this craziness, he's doing what he's always done honoring his God. He is as sincere as they come. I actually believe anything that brings attention to faith and being a good person he would approve of and helps him spread his message.

I agree that I doubt God is involved in any way in the outcome of the football game and players on both sides pray just as strong nonetheless. I just found it pretty interesting when the three 3:16 conicidences occurred...and if God was behind it, considering some of the backgrounds of a lot of NFL players, racing is probably far more moral.

For years when I marketed racetracks, I had a tradition of using a local priest or pastor to offer an opening day prayer to the horsemen, horses and fans. The idea stemmed from the annual blessing of the yachts that used to take place on the Chesapeake Bay.

The prayers covered everybody, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, even non-believers...all as just a nice touch to humanize our game.

This is nothing more just bringing a little fun to racing and in the end elevating us a bit to honor Tim's desires for a better world.

Jay Trotter
01-13-2012, 04:47 PM
This is nothing more just bringing a little fun to racing and in the end elevating us a bit to honor Tim's desires for a better world.
I for one greatly appreciate your enthuisiasm to try and spice things up a bit; and I'm confidant no "ill will" was meant by this promotion. A little quote might put this in perspective:

The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. ~Lloyd Jones

If you don't try things you'll never have to worry about making mistakes. If you do try, stuff will happen from time to time, and you can't possibly imagine every possibility that might offend.

Keep on keepin' on and thanks for making our game a little bit better for the effort.

Trotter:ThmbUp:

Zydeco
01-13-2012, 04:47 PM
I think it's great!

I agree

Midnight Cruiser
01-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Track Collector...I'm sorry you could not find the humor and fun with our promotion. As Tebow mania has exploded this week, just about everyone has jumped onboard and most of what I've seen is good nature.

While I believe Tim did not seek out all of this craziness, he's doing what he's always done honoring his God. He is as sincere as they come. I actually believe anything that brings attention to faith and being a good person he would approve of and helps him spread his message.

I agree that I doubt God is involved in any way in the outcome of the football game and players on both sides pray just as strong nonetheless. I just found it pretty interesting when the three 3:16 conicidences occurred...and if God was behind it, considering some of the backgrounds of a lot of NFL players, racing is probably far more moral.

For years when I marketed racetracks, I had a tradition of using a local priest or pastor to offer an opening day prayer to the horsemen, horses and fans. The idea stemmed from the annual blessing of the yachts that used to take place on the Chesapeake Bay.

The prayers covered everybody, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, even non-believers...all as just a nice touch to humanize our game.

just curious, I knew he threw for 316 yds, what were the other 2?

Shelby
01-13-2012, 06:02 PM
just curious, I knew he threw for 316 yds, what were the other 2?

The overtime drew 31.6 T.V. rating

Pitt's time of possession was 31 minutes and 6 seconds.

IdaBet.com
01-13-2012, 07:08 PM
His average per catch was 31.6 yards...hard to plan that out for sure. That was a NFL playoff record.

The average quarter hour TV Nielsen rating (which was basically the overtime) was a 31.6. Highest ratings for a wild card game.

Now they are predicting off the charts ratings for Saturday night because he has attracted so much interest from outside of football.

A couple of other but no so out there coincidences....after the game he personally thanked his coach "JOHN" Fox and his team v.p. 'JOHN" Elway...as in John 3:16.

Still I bet football, I'd have a tough time betting against the Patriots...but if the Broncos go to the Super Bowl vs. the Saints....well I predict religious warfare.

IdaBet.com
01-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Well we are still a growing company...even $100 free money for making a $2 bet is costly to us...BUT better than $3.16.

IdaBet.com
01-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Don't I'll blame the Steelers if it's too hasty for you. I mean who expected the Steelers to lose (otherwise I had all week to plan it)...and I'm a Ravens fan and didn't expect the Steelers to play like that...even with a hurt Ben.

But remember, these hot things are flash in a pan...if he loses Saturday, it's yesterday news...then I have to go Plan B...the next hot thing....a Kim Kardashian promotion.

IdaBet.com
01-13-2012, 07:20 PM
I totally respect your opinion and the right to voice it. At least it makes for some colorful conversation and harmless fun I hope.

Though I wouldn't advise you to watch Jimmy Fallon's satire of a song that's all over TV and the net today.

Just looking for a few smiles...that's it for me.

mannyberrios
01-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Mr. Jay Trotter, that was a great post

camourous
01-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Peyton's Patriot at winner in the 3rd at Louisiana. Hope you all had it, easy $25 in your accounts if you did.. Now if only the Broncos can win just as easy tonight!!!

duncan04
01-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Boy Broncos are sucking like always. Always running it on first down?? :rolleyes: What is the next promotion? Brady 420??? :D

camourous
01-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Tebow has 136 yards right now.. thats close to 316 right?

PhantomOnTour
01-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Is there any chance y'all will be running a 4-5-10 promo this week in honor of the 45-10 final score?
No?