PDA

View Full Version : BAILOUT TIME FOR THE COMMON GOOD

canleakid
01-11-2012, 08:16 AM
This time we must ALL get behide this bailout cause without Twinkies (Ho-Hos & Ding Dongs for some) is life worth living :rolleyes:
just wondering if Obama and Mitt enjoy a Twinkie from time to time :confused:

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx?post=c635a577-99a6-4e69-b5cc-c637eb01fae8

DJofSD
01-11-2012, 08:27 AM
I guess that means no more deep fried twinkies at the fairs.

Tom
01-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Unions about to destroy Twinkies.
Sad....100 million a year in pensions to people who never worked for Hostess.
Ridiculous.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Ow! Even their bankrupcty came in a twin pack.

Jay Trotter
01-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Unions about to destroy Twinkies.
Sad....100 million a year in pensions to people who never worked for Hostess.
Ridiculous.
That is a very misleading title you have there Tom.

Hostess has 860 million in liabilities of which only 100 million relates to pension obligations. Their demise has more to do with the economy and their product positioning in the market place. Some of their products are missing the mark as trends change.

Hostess has grown through the accumulation of various businesses to bring it to the behemoth it is today. As they bought up assets, they also took on obligations to the employees of those companies -- ie. pensions.

Are you saying that when a business is sold the employees of that enterprise should be thrown under the bus with regard to their accrued benefits? I think not.

canleakid
01-11-2012, 10:49 AM
might have to go JFK and stock up on Twinkies :D

DJofSD
01-11-2012, 10:59 AM
They'll go the way of Helms Bakery (http://www.ask.com/wiki/Helms_Bakery) .

Tom
01-11-2012, 11:24 AM
That is a very misleading title you have there Tom.

Ssshhhh.
I'm hunting.

;)

LottaKash
01-11-2012, 11:52 AM
I have ambivalent feelings about all of this;

On the one hand, my heart goes out to all of the workers that will be losing their futures, whether by retirement entitlements, as well as the loss of a living wage...

On the other hand tho, being one who is interested in good nutrition on the "cellular" level, then I say good riddance to Twinkies, Little Debbies and such....The listed ingredients have nothing to offer in the way of good nutrition on a cellular level, nothing unless one calls toxicity and unassimilability to digestion, a good reason to eat this crap....Perhaps, this may have something to do with, why Americans have become the most obese and unhealthy people on the planet....

Today's Twinkies suck, and Wonderbread never did build strong bodies 8-ways...

best,

Tom
01-11-2012, 12:31 PM
.....good riddance to Twinkies,

My GOD, man, have you no shame?!

:D

boxcar
01-11-2012, 12:41 PM
My GOD, man, have you no shame?!

:D

I couldn't believe that myself. That's about as anti-American as turning a nose up at Mom's apple pie. :D

Boxcar

Tom
01-11-2012, 12:57 PM
My favorite Simpson's scene of all time.

Grandpa gets in the backseat, and Marge asks him, "Grandpa. did you sit in my apple pie?"

Grandpa replies, " I HOPE so!" :lol::lol::lol: