PDA

View Full Version : A Former Keith Olbermann Employee Speaks: Rage, Outbursts, and Bad Suits

andymays
01-09-2012, 09:24 PM
http://gawker.com/5874373/

Excerpt:

Ok...for starters, TheButlerDidIt's comment on this thread [describing Olbermann as "a huge nerd, had lots of emotional issues, low self-esteem, depression, and self-destructive behavior"] sums up his personality, but doesn't include how those traits manifested (and still do, in all likelihood) in abusive behavior toward his staff — not just the executives who make enough f you money to deal with his bull... He doesn't have reasonable reactions to missteps, he gets angry and finds ways to take his anger out on people.

-Keith is the walking definition of a hostile work environment. Countdown had a 75% staff turnover rate in the time I was there — high even for the cable news business. Keith had people he liked, and people he didn't like, and there was no rhyme or reason to it. When he didn't like someone, he'd berate them and belittle their work until they left the show. Then he'd do the same to the next person on his shit list. When someone he liked moved on, he'd take it out on the rest of us. If he got mad at someone for something specific (like not magically knowing he didn't want to be bothered at a certain time), he wouldn't acknowledge them for the rest of the day.

JustRalph
01-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Sounds just like the stuff others have mentioned before

Robert Goren
01-10-2012, 12:34 AM
It is tough to work for a crazy man. So what is new here?

bigmack
01-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Keith is SO 2009. As the once staple anchor for the esteemed MSNBC, it's a shock to see this meteoric tailspin. I wonder what James Thurber thinks? :D

Robert Goren
01-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Keith is SO 2009. As the once staple anchor for the esteemed MSNBC, it's a shock to see this meteoric tailspin. I wonder what James Thurber thinks? :DAny who watched his fall from grace at ESPN was not shocked. The only shock was that it took as long as it did.