PDA

View Full Version : Know anyone who needs gelding?

FenceBored
01-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Not a bad thing, just struck me as out of the ordinary for some reason.

The Kentucky Horse Park is offering free gelding surgeries (with a $20 registration fee) on Saturday, March 10.

The clinic, limited to 20 horses, is being provided by the Kentucky Horse Park in partnership with the Kentucky Horse Council’s Save Our Horses fund and the American Horse Council’s Unwanted Horse Coalition. Appointments are required and the registration form must be completed and fee paid by Feb. 24.
Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/66869/ky-horse-park-to-offer-free-gelding-clinic#ixzz1izOv3sJL

therussmeister
01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
I know someone, but, alas, the service is limited to horses.

Shemp Howard
01-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Don't let my wife find out!:eek:

Milkshaker
01-09-2012, 08:52 PM
It's a useful service designed to cut down on the plight of abandoned/unwanted horses.

Caroline
01-10-2012, 12:28 AM
It's become a national movement - GELD FOR FREE! Because that will reduce the "unwanted" horse population, as mentioned.

Okey dokey. Why would anyone own a colt - with all of the concomitant expenses, feed, vet, farrier, board, training, etc. - and NOT be able to afford the cost of gelding the damn horse?

Horrible incentives. Oh ya, let me buy/obtain a horse and those nice rescue folks will geld it for me for free! It's an incentive for exploitation. And it accommodates stupidity.

Big thumbs down.