PDA

View Full Version : Moonshining

bigmack
01-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Here's a twist. Produce a show about people doing illegal activity. Have one crew roll with the likes of guys named Popcorn & Tickle. And have the other crew with law enforcement. Make sure one crew doesn't rat out the perps. Or, as it's normally called, obstruct justice. :eek:

Make sure you show the general area of where they moonshine and be sure to show their faces for national exposure.

What's next for reality TV - Snuff flicks?

http://www.suckerpunchpictures.com/SPP%20site%20revised%202008/images/images/TLOpagepic.jpg

chickenhead
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I've said it before...any show that requires subtitles for english speakers and I'm hooked.

lsbets
01-08-2012, 10:22 PM
I thought Popcorn died a few years ago. I remember reading something about what it said on his tombstone. Or was that some other crazy old moonshiner?

chickenhead
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
I thought Popcorn died a few years ago. I remember reading something about what it said on his tombstone. Or was that some other crazy old moonshiner?

they have some kind of archival footage of him they mix in with the show when Tickle and his podna don't have much going on.

lsbets
01-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Here's his tombstone:

http://www.toquemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/popcornsuttongravestone1.jpg

bigmack
01-08-2012, 10:46 PM
As one who's never had moonshine, give me a slice of what it's like?

JustRalph
01-08-2012, 10:51 PM
I watched that show for the first time last week. What a hoot! It's like a family reunion except my cousin isn't there blowing his fingers off with the fireworks.....

One episode is enough......been there done that.....

Btw, you can buy all the moonshine you want just south of Baltimore. It's a day trip over WV and back. Proximity equals product.......

bigmack
01-08-2012, 11:15 PM
It's like a family reunion except my cousin isn't there blowing his fingers off with the fireworks.....
:lol:
_-_-_+

For anyone who has ever wondered if these 'reality' shows are real, give this one a squeeze with your cerebellum.

Tom
01-08-2012, 11:55 PM
As one who's never had moonshine, give me a slice of what it's like?

It goes down like turpentine, then, your chest muscles constrict, your lungs try to exhale but cant' get the air out. You throat starts to burn, and your eyes water. You gasp for air, then you start to see double. Eventually, your lungs get the air out and your gasp for fresh air. You sweat, your hands shake.

Much like sex.
That damn mace that follows. :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
01-08-2012, 11:59 PM
It goes down like turpentine, then, your chest muscles constrict, your lungs try to exhale but cant' get the air out. You throat starts to burn, and your eyes water. You gasp for air, then you start to see double. Eventually, your lungs get the air out and your gasp for fresh air. You sweat, your hands shake.

Much like sex.
That damn mace that follows. :lol:

Tried it once when I was about 14yo. when all alcohol tasted about the same and even then I knew this chit was for a more robust breed.

JustRalph
01-09-2012, 12:11 AM
_-_-_+

For anyone who has ever wondered if these 'reality' shows are real, give this one a squeeze with your cerebellum.

The good quality stuff is kind of like bourbon without the sweet after taste. Maybe more like a cheap vodka.......

The bad stuff........vodka with a dash of kerosene

chrisl
01-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Here is what the good stuff looks like. Made the loving kind, the fighting kind, the marrying kind, and the divorcing kind. four fights to a pint... Guaranteed

Dave Schwartz
01-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Chris, that is priceless.

When I was a kid in Belfast one of my cousins made poteen (we pronounced it pot-cheen). It was unbelievable. I took a swig and it knocked me unconscious. Literally.

Dave

Pell Mell
01-10-2012, 09:30 AM
I happen to live in Cocke Cty. TN, moonshine capital of the world and home to Popcorn who was a legend in these parts.
When Popcorn got nailed and locked up a couple years ago people had bumper stickers that said "Free Popcorn". When caught he had 2 500 gal. stills and a 1,000 gal. for good measure. He was only facing 18 months but put a gun in his mouth.
Had a big turnout for his funeral and was friends with some country western stars.
His shine was crystal clear and very smooth. :ThmbUp:

sandpit
01-10-2012, 07:32 PM
I dated a girl in college and her father was a retired ATF guy, big gruff dude. He busted moonshiners for a couple of decades in his prime years on the job. He had some great stories and a ton of photos that were a fascinating to look at. He said he'd been shot at so many times he lost count. They would blow up the stills when they found them, kind of the equivalent of cutting and burning a marijuana crop.

SchagFactorToWin
01-11-2012, 10:47 AM
My buddy just got a 6 gallon still off of e-Bay. We're going to make apple jack first.