PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Obama Land

JustRalph
01-08-2012, 03:37 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/in_blunderland_hKpNQkHfvpEWe4F51kI4dP

This is just weird to me......... oh, never mind. I forgot how much money Hollywood gives to Bammy

http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/2012/01/08/news/web_photos/obama_johnny02--520x300.jpg

Marshall Bennett
01-08-2012, 03:47 PM
If all the liberals left Hollywood, it would be reduced to the size of Dime Box, Tx.

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2012, 04:13 PM
The Obamas...so different than any other Presidential couple that has occupied the White House... :lol: ...so in touch with the common man... :lol: :lol: ...unlike that evil George H.W. Bush who was shown to look perplexed and amazed when confronted with the supermarket check out automated scanner... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bang:

mostpost
01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Here we go again. JR finds an Obama bashing article, reads the headline and the first paragraph and posts it here without checking it out. Then he leaves it up to me to find out what really happened. :bang:

Despite the impression that you guys are trying to create this was not an extravagant, over the top party for the Obama daughters and a few of their friends. It was a party for the children of military personnel. The White House did not hire Johnny Depp to perform at the party. He did so of his own volition pro bono. The original Chewbacca was not there, the original Chewbacca costume was. The party was not a secret, it was covered by the press corps, photos were posted on Flickr and a video was posted on the White House website. That's a heckuva way to keep something secret.
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/alice-in-wonderland-halloween-party-was-no-secret-110110.html

Perhaps you all can explain to me why you hate the military and want to deny a Halloween Party to military children whose parents may be serving in harms way. :confused:

Tom
01-09-2012, 11:30 AM
The Mad Hatter finally weighs in......:D

socantra
01-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Apparently, the mad hatter had the brains to read the whole story, rather than just select the part that matched his own politics.

PaceAdvantage
01-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Apparently, the mad hatter had the brains to read the whole story, rather than just select the part that matched his own politics.Read the replies to this thread again. I'm not even sure what you or mostpost are bitching about.

I believe I said that Obama was in touch with the common man...after all, most common men have parties like this, especially in times of economic strife, correct? :lol:

boxcar
01-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Here we go again. JR finds an Obama bashing article, reads the headline and the first paragraph and posts it here without checking it out. Then he leaves it up to me to find out what really happened. :bang:

Despite the impression that you guys are trying to create this was not an extravagant, over the top party for the Obama daughters and a few of their friends. It was a party for the children of military personnel. The White House did not hire Johnny Depp to perform at the party. He did so of his own volition pro bono. The original Chewbacca was not there, the original Chewbacca costume was. The party was not a secret, it was covered by the press corps, photos were posted on Flickr and a video was posted on the White House website. That's a heckuva way to keep something secret.
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/alice-in-wonderland-halloween-party-was-no-secret-110110.html

Perhaps you all can explain to me why you hate the military and want to deny a Halloween Party to military children whose parents may be serving in harms way. :confused:

Maybe you can document for us when all those stories, pictures and vids found their way to the web? Would that have been during the bash which took place at the height of recession -- or long after, assuming anything exists?

Boxcar

JustRalph
01-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Yep, let's throw a Hollywood party and legitimize it by inviting some military kids

Then in six months the boss can downsize the military by 40% and put those military parents out of work while we pay to re educate Chinese hookers

boxcar
01-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Yep, let's throw a Hollywood party and legitimize it by inviting some military kids

Then in six months the boss can downsize the military by 40% and put those military parents out of work while we pay to re educate Chinese hookers

Not only that, but look at the utter hypocrisy of putting the military out of work when the libs are the first ones who fear-monger if stimulus money doesn't make it to the states and they have to lay off a few cops and firefighters, etc. -- all those people who serve and protect the citizenry just like military personnel do. It's horrible to give the police the axe, and for the people to suffer the dire consequences of that action but not so much when it comes to the military. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Actor
01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Oh my!

They are holding lavish parties at the White House?

And inviting children?

Oh my!

Next they'll be inviting foreign ambassadors and heads of state! :rolleyes:

mostpost
01-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Maybe you can document for us when all those stories, pictures and vids found their way to the web? Would that have been during the bash which took place at the height of recession -- or long after, assuming anything exists?

Boxcar

here ya go,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/sets/72157622593716998/
and:
http://www.youtube.com/whitehouse#p/search/0/8060hDCf-Wo

boxcar
01-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Oh my!

They are holding lavish parties at the White House?

And inviting children?

Oh my!

Next they'll be inviting foreign ambassadors and heads of state! :rolleyes:

Yes, at the height of the recession and when serfs in this country are told we must tighten our belts and make shared sacrifices. Whatever happened to leading by deeds and not just mere words?

Boxcar

boxcar
01-09-2012, 04:51 PM
here ya go,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/sets/72157622593716998/

Cute! So, this little soiree at the WH is buried among numerous other photos? The story in pictures is told, providing one wades through 184 pics. This reminds me of some sleazy paper, like the NY Slimes, as one example, who writes a big story but buries the most pertinent lines on page 18, paragraph 23.

Boxcar

mostpost
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM
How about let's throw a party for military kids and invite a few Hollywood types that those kids might enjoy seeing. Johnny Depp for example.

I had no respect for your response, but then I saw the part about the Chinese hookers. Now I have less than no respect.

mostpost
01-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Cute! So, this little soiree at the WH is buried among numerous other photos? The story in pictures is told, providing one wades through 184 pics. This reminds me of some sleazy paper, like the NY Slimes, as one example, who writes a big story but buries the most pertinent lines on page 18, paragraph 23.

Boxcar
It took me less than two minutes to find those pictures. They were categorized by month and year. The point is that they are there and they have been there right where the White House said they were. So was the video which I found by going to Youtube/Whitehouse and searching for Halloween Party. It was the top result.

As for burying pertinent details, do you mean like the NY Post story that headlines about extravagant Halloween Party that White house tries to hide, then puts pertinent information about Flickr photos and YouTube videos posted online nowhere in the story. Even though that information contradicts the basis of the story.

boxcar
01-09-2012, 06:25 PM
It took me less than two minutes to find those pictures. They were categorized by month and year. The point is that they are there and they have been there right where the White House said they were. So was the video which I found by going to Youtube/Whitehouse and searching for Halloween Party. It was the top result.

As for burying pertinent details, do you mean like the NY Post story that headlines about extravagant Halloween Party that White house tries to hide, then puts pertinent information about Flickr photos and YouTube videos posted online nowhere in the story. Even though that information contradicts the basis of the story.

If what you say is true, maybe the Post was playing "follow the leader".

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
01-09-2012, 09:02 PM

As for burying pertinent details, do you mean like the NY Post story that headlines about extravagant Halloween Party that White house tries to hide, then puts pertinent information about Flickr photos and YouTube videos posted online nowhere in the story. Even though that information contradicts the basis of the story.You had no clue about this party until the post wrote about it...then you had to go search Google to find out about it...

That's the whole point. :bang:

mostpost
01-09-2012, 10:01 PM
You had no clue about this party until the post wrote about it...then you had to go search Google to find out about it...

That's the whole point. :bang:
Two years after the fact I do not remember anything about it. But it was obviously publicized at the time. They had a party for kids. Nobody cared then and no intelligent person cares now. This is another in a long series of Republican nut cases making a mountain out of a molehill. In this case, they made the molehill too.

PaceAdvantage
01-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Two years after the fact I do not remember anything about it. But it was obviously publicized at the time. They had a party for kids. Nobody cared then and no intelligent person cares now. This is another in a long series of Republican nut cases making a mountain out of a molehill. In this case, they made the molehill too.Yes, we're all nut cases.

The sane ones are running the show so effectively... :lol: :lol:

bigmack
01-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Two years after the fact I do not remember anything about it. But it was obviously publicized at the time. They had a party for kids. Nobody cared then and no intelligent person cares now. This is another in a long series of Republican nut cases making a mountain out of a molehill. In this case, they made the molehill too.
Did ya hear the one about Robert Gibbs getting bent over Michelle wearing $600 shoes to a food bank? He was swearing at Valerie Jarrett about Michelle being ostentatious. Then Jay Carney was hired. :eek:

Nothin' to see there either; right, o great sweeper of things under rug?