PDA

View Full Version : Belmont 10/13

HorseLady
10-13-2001, 09:34 PM
Did anyone catch the races today? I'm still in shock over what happened with Blond Dancer in the 5th race (she was the #4 horse). She thrashed about so much in the gate, then laid so silently that I actually told my husband "oh my God, she killed herself in the gate!" Luckily they opened the gate and she walked out on her own, but my oh my - how scary was that??? Oh yes, I bet her too, and yup, I'm blonde LOL

Actually made it out to the track today as a family (me, hubby, 2 kids) and it was beautiful. I met up with our own Andicap, and with his help I had a $2 wps in the first race that returned $33 to me total. Andy - I really must learn about all those figures you have. And oh yeah, my picks that I had on the other website - they would have won me $64 and change total. I actually had that first race picked with the 9 horse before getting there.

Before the 10th race today, we hung out by the paddock to see the horses before leaving. The 5 horse was acting up like there was no tomorrow, not allowing his connections to saddle him at all! The other horses had their riders up and I think they were still trying to saddle him. Seems he used up his energy in he paddock, and well, I'm surprised he beat any horses in that race.