Bengals +3 ( if dalton plays)
Lions +10
Giants -3
Steelers -8.5

Robert Fischer
01-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Giants -3
Looks like the best bet.
Giants disrupt the pocket and upset Matt Ryan's timing.

Texans -4
Bengals have lost to most of their quality rivals this year.

OTM Al
01-07-2012, 02:39 PM
I'll go

Giants
Saints
Steelers
Texans (though this is the hardest I think)

Marshall Bennett
01-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Saints [giving points, should be favored by 14 or better]
Falcons [taking points, should be the best of the four games]
Texans [giving points, Yates is a huge question mark here]
Steelers [giving points, Denver sucks]

Bettowin
01-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Steelers best bet of the month. Denver will be lucky to score 10 points.

slew101
01-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Cincinnati +4
Atlanta +3

elysiantraveller
01-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Lions +10.5

Posted a thread on this one... I think spread bigger than 10 points is ridiculous and should be more in the 7.5-8.5 range

Texans -4

Advantage in weapons goes to the Texans, QB edge goes to Cinci.

Steelers -8.5

Good vs. Evil, I'll take the evil this time around as the Broncos simply can't score with Jesus Christ Superstar.

Falcons +3

I don't even know how the Giants are favored beating two mediocre teams to reach the playoffs. Too many people believing this will be like their super bowl year... I don't.

BOOM!

Rookies
01-07-2012, 05:44 PM
A little past posting. I'm in 2 pools which combine ATS with closest to the totals of each game. Here are my selections:

cin 45 The red headed step child has improved throughout the season. I've got them on the ML too, as I like the matchup v.s. the 3rd stringer- Yeats.

no 63 Aints are 8-0 at home I believe, averaging 41 per and lead by the NFL MVP, who has been white hot. Potential Super Bowl Winner!

nyg 52 Eli had 4900 yards this year, I believe- his best ever. The Giants are on the improved side v.s. anti cold weather Falcons. No brainer in the Meadowlands.

den 31 I'm NOT a Tee-Blow fan, but there are waaaaay too many injuries on the Steelers and a very immobile Big Ben. Cover is certainly possible with little scoring...

slew101
01-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Marvin Lewis still has no clue on challenges nine years on the job. :lol:

And Mayock is yelling to "challenge that play" then they come back from commercial and says "I don't think they can win this challenge."

elysiantraveller
01-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Marvin Lewis still has no clue on challenges nine years on the job. :lol:

And Mayock is yelling to "challenge that play" then they come back from commercial and says "I don't think they can win this challenge."

Bad challenge even worse commentary.

If I was a commentator I wouldn't doubt the ruling on the field until I saw the replay but they do it all the time. Then you have the awkward silence when they realize they were dead wrong.

slew101
01-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Hammond knew what Mayock was saying was dead wrong, but didn't want to correct him. Then, finally, after Mayock won't back off, he says receiver had the ball and was down.

Mayock is the worst color man I have ever heard. The worst.

How many people does this guy talk to pre-game? Every play is "I talked to him before the game."

Bad challenge even worse commentary.

If I was a commentator I wouldn't doubt the ruling on the field until I saw the replay but they do it all the time. Then you have the awkward silence when they realize they were dead wrong.

slew101
01-07-2012, 06:14 PM
NBC has Charles Barkley on at halftime in studio analyzing the first half with Dungy and Harrison?

I can't take this anymore. :bang:

Valuist
01-07-2012, 06:19 PM
DENVER + 8 1/2----too much of the public is on Pittsburgh. Ben isn't 100% and they aren't used to playing in altitude.

Det/NO Under 59 1/2---again, playing against the public

horses4courses
01-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Lions +10.5

Posted a thread on this one... I think spread bigger than 10 points is ridiculous and should be more in the 7.5-8.5 range

I agree with this....spread looked too high from the get go.
The NO defense is not great - DET could give them a headache today.

Taking the Lions and the points....but I haven't been picking well of late.

Robert Fischer
01-07-2012, 07:44 PM
I think NO will win EASILY.

I look for N.O. to show Stafford some different "looks". 3 INTS predicted...
Saints offense is a machine...

however I wouldn't bet this one. big spread, too much can happen.

Rookies
01-07-2012, 10:49 PM
I think NO will win EASILY.

I look for N.O. to show Stafford some different "looks". 3 INTS predicted...
Saints offense is a machine...

however I wouldn't bet this one. big spread, too much can happen.

Aints smoking em boss...:ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Aints smoking em boss...:ThmbUp:
Yeah, but one TD by Detroit and they cover.

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Yeah, but one TD by Detroit and they cover.
Then again the Saints may score a few more themselves :lol:

Rookies
01-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Then again the Saints may score a few more themselves :lol:

THAT is a scoring machine that should go the SB... Think they'll win both Away games to get there.

elysiantraveller
01-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Ugh...

Shaking my head at that one... Helluva game by NO though.

Rookies
01-07-2012, 11:22 PM
466 and 3TDs for Breese. He has to be a snot away from MVP. Unconcious...

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Ugh...

Shaking my head at that one... Helluva game by NO though.
Feel no way man...Lions have come a long way in just 2yrs, and the future is bright.
You have (imo) the best WR in the NFL and a strong D line. Delmas is a good young DB, Stafford is good and will get better. Only thing I don't like about the Lions is the coach.
They ran into the best home team in the league and possible Super Bowl champs tonight.
Keep your chin up :ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
01-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Feel no way man...Lions have come a long way in just 2yrs, and the future is bright.
You have (imo) the best WR in the NFL and a strong D line. Delmas is a good young DB, Stafford is good and will get better. Only thing I don't like about the Lions is the coach.
They ran into the best home team in the league and possible Super Bowl champs tonight.

I'm not that bummed. We got jobbed on a couple of calls, failed to score off of turnovers and needed to create one more...

Great job by Payton though playing to win the game on those 4th down plays.

cj's dad
01-07-2012, 11:41 PM

The best home team in the league is Baltimore at 8-0 and 15 of the last 16.

PhantomOnTour
01-08-2012, 12:34 AM
The best home team in the league is Baltimore at 8-0 and 15 of the last 16.
Yeah, but TJ Yates and the Texans are coming to town!
Or worse, Tebow and the Jesus & Mary caravan...Boxcar may even show up :lol:

elysiantraveller
01-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Brilliant coaching by Mike Smith... :faint:

slew101
01-08-2012, 03:19 PM
It's really idiot OC Mike Mularkey. Any Buffalo fan will tell you what an idiot coach he is. And yet his name is mentioned for some of these openings? :lol:

But Smith should be calling these plays. I mean they run the same QB sneak they ran in the second quarter that failed, with an empty backfield no less, telling the Giants what they are running. Even Turner was shaking his head on the sideline.

Brilliant coaching by Mike Smith... :faint:

elysiantraveller
01-08-2012, 03:38 PM
It's really idiot OC Mike Mularkey. Any Buffalo fan will tell you what an idiot coach he is. And yet his name is mentioned for some of these openings? :lol:

But Smith should be calling these plays. I mean they run the same QB sneak they ran in the second quarter that failed, with an empty backfield no less, telling the Giants what they are running. Even Turner was shaking his head on the sideline.

Agreed.

In game where points are tough to come by you take the field goals. It's now a route...

This should be Mike Smith's last game at the helm.

redshift1
01-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Giants thumping Atlanta, not a fan of NY but they are boringly relentless.

slew101
01-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Really thought Smith also screwed up after the safety. They had 4th and 1 at the 41 of NY, had all the momentum, and then he decides to punt. G-men then drove the field for a TD. Needed to be aggressive there. If they can get 9-0, might have been a different game.

Agreed.

In game where points are tough to come by you take the field goals. It's now a route...

This should be Mike Smith's last game at the helm.