PDA

View Full Version : Count Fleet

Pell Mell
01-04-2012, 07:57 AM
A few nicely bred ones in this one. Should be a good race and give some clue as to whether any will be a future contender.
Who do you like?

HandyKapper
01-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Who do you like? :D

holmmd
01-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Won't be betting the race but will be watching and I'm not ready to give up on Alpha just yet. Potential is there imo but he needs to start showing something if he plans to make some noise along the TC trail.

Pell Mell
01-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Who do you like? :D

Speightscity over Alpha

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Stephanoatsee will get a much better pace set up today than in his Remsen effort, when they absolutely crawled up front.
He should get a better trip also, and if he stays near his 6-1 ML he is the one for me.

Ocala Mike
01-07-2012, 12:43 PM
The :7: could be very tough if takes to the surface switch (big if, but the price may be right).

Ocala Mike

holmmd
01-07-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm throwing out anyone who ran in the Remsen as a legit TC contender until one of them proves me wrong.

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm throwing out anyone who ran in the Remsen as a legit TC contender until one of them proves me wrong.
Can't blame ya...i just have high hopes for Stephanoatsee today.

BUSANDA
Ramon did his best to get that gal to switch leads and she refused. I see she won on the wrong lead in her debut...not today.

Robert Fischer
01-07-2012, 03:40 PM
toss the 1
use 2

PhantomOnTour
01-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Stephanoatsee will get a much better pace set up today than in his Remsen effort, when they absolutely crawled up front.
He should get a better trip also, and if he stays near his 6-1 ML he is the one for me.
Got 6-1 exactly, just not good enough...yet.
A lil too late but i still like Stephanoatsee as they go further. He was running on well...no idea what fig this race will get though.

theguarantee
01-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Yeah, thought that effort for Alpha was pretty decent. Looked awesome striding for home, though never kicked it into another gear.

Stephanoatsee definitely looks like the one to follow here though. Seemed a bit green in the lane but was really coming on late.

holmmd
01-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Stephanotsee will go on my watch list as was traveling well at the end but he had every opportunity.

Alpha is one to watch imo. Unsettled in the gate + slight stumble at the start + 3 wide whole way + 2 mo layoff = room for improvement and maybe why he didn't have that extra gear in the stretch.

CincyHorseplayer
01-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Race got an 85 BSF.And another sire win for Bernardini.Nobody jumping off the page in this race by any measure.Got my fingers crossed though.Last year was at least an interesting group.Would like to see a beast emerge.

Pell Mell
01-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Alpha does have a very nice pedigree although I find one big negative and one big positive and don't know which might offset the other. Will have to wait for another race to get a hint.

holmmd
01-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Interesting. Excuse the ignorance as I'm not the best at pedigree capping but I assume the negative is on bottom? That said, mommy could certainly run a long ways and he has a few half sibs that have had some success going long.

Dahoss9698
01-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Interesting. Excuse the ignorance as I'm not the best at pedigree capping but I assume the negative is on bottom? That said, mommy could certainly run a long ways and he has a few half sibs that have had some success going long.

I'd be interested in hearing about the negative also. Just not interested in subscribing (paying him) to a newsletter to heat about it.

Oh well.

holmmd
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I'd be interested in hearing about the negative also. Just not interested in subscribing (paying him) to a newsletter to heat about it.

Oh well.

would you be willing to pay me to hear about it? ;)

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2012, 06:26 PM
A thorough pedigree analysis of all the Derby contenders will be available for free as the race nears.

Dahoss9698
01-09-2012, 06:36 PM
A thorough pedigree analysis of all the Derby contenders will be available for free as the race nears.

I know. I don't get all caught up in pedigree analysis much unless it deals with races with a bunch of firsters...or a turf race.

I can't really see a negative in Alpha's pedigree though. I was just needling Pell Mell a little because when you click on his blog you get greeted with:

I really have to laugh when I read some comments on horse forums concerning pedigrees. As soon as the latest little prep race is run everyone has spotted the derby winner.

Even the very best of breeders and pedigree consultants know that breeding is one huge crap shoot, so to make statements that because a horse is by a particular stallion or there is a certain sire somewhere in the blood, the quality of the horse is therefore decided, only serves to put their ignorance on display.

Insulting people doesn't seem like the best way to get subscribers, but what do I know?

Pell Mell
01-09-2012, 07:38 PM
I know. I don't get all caught up in pedigree analysis much unless it deals with races with a bunch of firsters...or a turf race.

I can't really see a negative in Alpha's pedigree though. I was just needling Pell Mell a little because when you click on his blog you get greeted with:

I really have to laugh when I read some comments on horse forums concerning pedigrees. As soon as the latest little prep race is run everyone has spotted the derby winner.

Even the very best of breeders and pedigree consultants know that breeding is one huge crap shoot, so to make statements that because a horse is by a particular stallion or there is a certain sire somewhere in the blood, the quality of the horse is therefore decided, only serves to put their ignorance on display.

Insulting people doesn't seem like the best way to get subscribers, but what do I know?

Actually, I just do it for the hell of it.

Pell Mell
01-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Oh well.

First of all, let me say I like your posts and think your pretty sharp.

Here's my positive for Alpha: Big Brown, Street Sense, Monarchos, and Fusaichi Pegasus were all out of mares sired by a son of Northern Dancer, as is Alpha and many other top notch horses through the years.

Here's my negative: Even though we know that the RAN sire line is very potent in the derby I have observed that an awful lot of brilliant horses with the G.dams of that line are really good up to 1 1/8 but not so good going longer.
So my question to myself was, will the ND dam sire line overcome what I feel is a weakness in the bottom lines.
Other than that, I really like Alpha's pedigree. JMO

iceknight
01-24-2012, 06:02 PM

Phantom!! I notice that we have similar choices! but I am super sad that Stephanoatsee is injured and out of the derby trail :mad::(

http://www.drf.com/news/stephanoatsee-derby-trail-pastern-injury

Pell Mell
02-05-2012, 02:19 PM

Oh well.

Funny...of the thousands of people who frequent this web site your the only one that had something shitty to say...you must have a ton of friends who just love you to pieces...what a sanctimonious pompous ass you are... :faint:

PaceAdvantage
02-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Funny...of the thousands of people who frequent this web site your the only one that had something shitty to say...you must have a ton of friends who just love you to pieces...what a sanctimonious pompous ass you are... :faint:Again with the name calling and venom...do you not understand that this is inappropriate behavior?