PDA

View Full Version : THIS YEAR WILL BE A RIDE

HUSKER55
01-02-2012, 07:16 PM
I was thinking about the Iowa cacus and it occurred to me that nothing is going to change. Regardless of who the nominees are,on either side, and regardless of who wins, NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

If we keep electing the president from the same group of "good 'ol boys" and we expect different results then the voter, (PFC-poor effing civilian) is an idiot.

The president has to come from "out of the group" or there is no hope.

Every voter in the country needs to get rid of the incumbents or there will be no change. We need to get rid of professional politicians. That starts with your congressmen and state senators.

Like it or not, Sarah tried and nobody listen. We all cried out same tired cry, " we want different results with the same input".

Not going to happen. Remember the old addage? "If you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results" you're an idiot.

So, I am curious. How comfortable does anyone really feel about the current crop of contenders?

Who gets your blood pumping?
Who do you contribute more than $100 to?
Who do you go out and promote?
Who makes you feel like America can be revitalized?
Which one makes you want to go to bed early so you can get up early and vote?

Who do you think would do the best job as our next president?

I, for one, don't see a lot of difference from the president we got. Not one of those guys inspires me with confidence.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-02-2012, 09:36 PM
I agree. While we need a change at the top, what we truly need at the top, congress, on staffs and as advisors, are true problem solvers. We've had leaders that don't lead, or when the last leader tried to lead, not enough wanted to follow. Our nation's problems, and in fact the world's problems are far to big for one man alone to fix and succeed, at least not The Imortal one for those who chose to believe.

I don't think 2012-2013 will bring uis that change, and don't know that we'll ever get it. Many problems have no one right answer and many more likely do not truly have a right answer, just ones that helps some a bit and mess up others as well, some do both to yet others.

cj's dad
01-02-2012, 09:46 PM
We are hopelessly trapped in a governmental web of self preservation, conspiracy, greed, incompetence, and cronyism, that will not die easily.

Unless there is a drastic change in the way that this government is run, we are doomed.

Tom
01-02-2012, 09:47 PM
New year, new assholes, same old same old.
Stick a fork in us, we is done.