PDA

View Full Version : Michigan State/Georgia Triple OT

Spiderman
01-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Great game, now in third overtime on ABC.

slew101
01-02-2012, 05:51 PM
I usually never win this type of game, but I'll take it. Nice comeback by MSU.

But what was the Georgia coach thinking playing for the 43-yard FG without even trying to get more yards in the first OT. The radio feed said the kicker was 4-for-9 from 40-49 on the season. :bang:

sandpit
01-02-2012, 11:50 PM
I usually never win this type of game, but I'll take it. Nice comeback by MSU.

But what was the Georgia coach thinking playing for the 43-yard FG without even trying to get more yards in the first OT. The radio feed said the kicker was 4-for-9 from 40-49 on the season. :bang:

Typical Richt meltdown; never seen a guy that loves failing so much when success is on his doorstep. Even my kid said what is the guy doing when the qb did the dive to center the ball on the field.

elysiantraveller
01-03-2012, 12:33 AM
Richt also failed to call a timeout and getthe ball back the drive after his punt unit returned one 90 yards for a score...

Another meltdown in the Standford game taking the ball out of Luck's hand in the overtime by running on both first and second down. Coaches playing not to lose...

slew101
01-03-2012, 12:51 AM
I thought Stanford could have surprised them with a play fake and throw to the end zone there with 20 seconds left. If it's not wide open, have Luck throw it away. When I heard that kicker was a freshman, I was very worried. But it still should have been an easy kick from 34 straight on.

The second one? C'mon? He had no shot of making that kick. Which made the first two play calls strange. They run for 5 on 1st down. OK. Then they lose 5 on a penalty. On 2nd ad 10, they run a sweep? Lose 3 yards and basically kill the drive.

Richt also failed to call a timeout and getthe ball back the drive after his punt unit returned one 90 yards for a score...

Another meltdown in the Standford game taking the ball out of Luck's hand in the overtime by running on both first and second down. Coaches playing not to lose...