PDA

View Full Version : JAWS

FantasticDan
12-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Any fans of the film here? I know, silly question.. :rolleyes: Such a terrific movie.

I was only 6 when it came out in 1975, and my clueless dad took me with him to see it. I had a hard time sleeping the following nites - I thought for sure a shark was gonna grab my feet under the covers (water).. :eek: :( :rolleyes:

Anyway, the reason I mention it is there was a great "making-of" documentary on TV a few nites ago, and Spielberg mentioned Lee Marvin being his first choice to play the role of Quint. As great as Robert Shaw was, how amazing might Marvin have been? Few actors could command a scene and chew scenery like him..

Alas, Marvin told Spielberg he'd rather spend his time fishing for real, and declined the part.. :faint:

lamboguy
12-31-2011, 08:02 PM
great movie no doubt, but boy does time fly.

when you are young you can't wait for things to happen, you are very anxious, but when you get old things happen very fast. i always wonder if my watch is working right!

lsbets
12-31-2011, 08:28 PM
Jaws marathon on spike today. My kids are watching it. So far no questions about Trojan Man, who is on every other commercial.

boxcar
12-31-2011, 09:29 PM
Any fans of the film here? I know, silly question.. :rolleyes: Such a terrific movie.

I was only 6 when it came out in 1975, and my clueless dad took me with him to see it. I had a hard time sleeping the following nites - I thought for sure a shark was gonna grab my feet under the covers (water).. :eek: :( :rolleyes:

Anyway, the reason I mention it is there was a great "making-of" documentary on TV a few nites ago, and Spielberg mentioned Lee Marvin being his first choice to play the role of Quint. As great as Robert Shaw was, how amazing might Marvin have been? Few actors could command a scene and chew scenery like him..

Alas, Marvin told Spielberg he'd rather spend his time fishing for real, and declined the part.. :faint:

The original "Jaws" is a movie in a class all by itself. Great movie!

Boxcar