PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream, a bad morning.

Grits
12-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Can anyone verify this note on Gulfstream's FB page--a note which could be removed, shortly, in that such a tragedy is certainly not a good thing to learn.

Pretty tragic morning here... 4 horses down in the same spot... 3 broken legs and a heart attack. Got to check out this track before they run today.

Grits
12-31-2011, 11:20 AM
Now, I look back at their page, there's a note in reply from Gulfstream:

It was a tough morning. Our number one priority is the safety of the horses and jockeys. We check daily with the trainers and jockeys regarding the safety of our track. We checked it before training this morning and after. We're satisfied the track is safe for this afternoon. We're upset whenever something like this occurs and we're constantly doing our best to prevent it.

toussaud
12-31-2011, 01:04 PM
wow that is horrible.

Tom
12-31-2011, 02:22 PM
What are the odds of that happening in the same spot if it is not the track?

Some_One
12-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Dirt or turf? Any location given?

CryingForTheHorses
12-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Dirt or turf? Any location given?

i
Wow very sad day there,Feel bad for the horses and especially the owners of these animals that have poured tons of money into them.Hopefully the riders are ok.Ive nevr had any problems with their track.If I know Tim Ritvo he is on top of it as he is a former trainer.Unfortunate things happen everywhere.God Bless the horses.

ps...Im sure it was on the dirt because it takes an act of god to be able to train on the turf.

onefast99
01-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Two heart attacks two breakdowns by the finish line. Mike Makers horse was one of them also. The dirt track was not the reason according to GP.