PDA

View Full Version : Trading...Nadex...binary options

sammy the sage
12-29-2011, 06:43 AM
http://www.pfgbest.com/nadexrate/?LSD=Nadex%20T4AB%20Google%20Adwords%20Banners&LSC=googleAdwords&gclid=CJ7X_eiYp60CFQ5T7AodQUtwpA

Has anybody done this...thoughts..

would be like individual bets w/in a horse race...horse vs horse...only market style...up or down...many different things to "invest" in....lol's...gold, oil, ect.

highnote
12-30-2011, 02:16 AM
I have had an account with them for several years. I think they used to be called Hedgestreet -- or something like that.

When oil prices started skyrocketing several years ago I traded binary options on either heating oil or gasoline -- can't remember which. My goal was to make enough profit trading the binary options to offset the increased cost of my petroleum use for the year. It worked out well.

I haven't used them much since then because, in my opinion, their fees are too high. You are charged per trade. I suggested to them over the course of several email exchanges that if they would charge a percentage of profit rather than a per trade transaction fee they would get more volume. They didn't listen, of course. So I stopped betting there. However, I do check in with the site from time to time to see if anything interesting is going on.

There has been nothing there that got my attention. So I've just been trading stocks, futures and options with a discount broker instead.

Still, I think that in special situations they might have a place in my portfolio.

chickenhead
12-30-2011, 12:21 PM
I buy out of the money calls on USO for much the same fuel price hedging.