PDA

View Full Version : NYRA Lowers Takeout so what about California? Is 22.68% on two horse bets a crime?

andymays
12-28-2011, 05:30 PM
I think this mistake will help the industry as a whole and help put pressure on California Racing. Let's hope California wakes up. Keith Brackpool and the TOC are preventing the Tracks from competing for Customers.

andymays
12-28-2011, 05:34 PM
NYRA has a 18.5% takeout on Doubles and Exactas.

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanatrackratingsbyoverallscore2011.html

andymays
12-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Tell the TOC that they need to stop ripping off their Customers.

No vulgar emails please.

Contact Us: TOC Emails

http://www.toconline.com/contact/email.php

andymays
12-28-2011, 06:46 PM
By the way I used the word "crime" because of Bill Finleys article earlier in the year.

Bill Finley: Why California will get away with this crime - ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/columns/story?columnist=finley_bill&id=5551276

Excerpt:

Horseplayers are stupid.

That's what they are counting on in California, where the California Horse Racing Board is about to push through an exorbitant increase in takeout. Starting Dec. 26, the take on trifectas, superfectas, Pick Threes and Pick Fours is going up to 23.68 percent. Exactas and daily doubles are going to go up to 22.68 percent, which will be the highest takeout rate on such bets among any major racing jurisdiction. Only the irrelevant racing states of Massachusetts, Colorado and Minnesota will have a higher take on the doubles and exactas.

The day after Christmas, they're going to start robbing you blind. And they're going to get away with it … because horseplayers, as a lot, are, indeed, stupid.

CincyHorseplayer
12-28-2011, 08:41 PM
I had to stop betting Ohio because of this.I just go there now,bet other tracks,eat ice creams,and watch the horsies frolic!

andymays
12-28-2011, 09:38 PM
http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/

Excerpt:

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Tale of Two Cities

"IT WAS the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way- in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

The above quote is from the novel A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, published 1859.

I thought it might be nice to present you the horseplayer with a contrast of two cities (racing jurisdictions) this Holiday Season.

CAL Racing

Monday was opening day at Santa Anita. Despite perfect weather and Monday being a Federal Holiday, all sources handle was up just 7% vs. opening day the year before. By way of contrast, all sources handle for last year's 2010 opening day card was down 21% when compared to the opening day card for 2009 - largely because of bad publicity resulting from news of the takeout increase masterminded by the TOC and the CHRB.

thaskalos
12-29-2011, 12:28 PM
I doubt that this incident will motivate California to reduce their own takeouts.

After all...New York's takeout reduction was spurred by the "mistake" they made; California hasn't made that sort of mistake...yet. :)

andymays
12-29-2011, 12:30 PM
I doubt that this incident will motivate California to reduce their own takeouts.

After all...New York's takeout reduction was spurred by the "mistake" they made; California hasn't made that sort of mistake...yet. :)

Do me a favor and send an email to the TOC. It helps. :ThmbUp:

takeout
12-29-2011, 12:35 PM
>Is 22.68% on two horse bets a crime?

Criminally insane is more how I see it.

thaskalos
12-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Do me a favor and send an email to the TOC. It helps. :ThmbUp:
I would sent the TOC an email Andy...but, since they are not my favorite people, I am afraid I might offend.

I'm not the nicest guy when I am riled up. :)

takeout
12-29-2011, 12:46 PM
I can’t help but wonder who the 4 are that think that’s a fair takeout rate? Former O.J. jury members maybe?

andymays
12-29-2011, 01:46 PM
I can’t help but wonder who the 4 are that think that’s a fair takeout rate? Former O.J. jury members maybe?

Contrarians just for the hell of it. :lol:

Indulto
12-29-2011, 05:00 PM
http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/

Excerpt:

CAL Racing

Monday was opening day at Santa Anita. Despite perfect weather and Monday being a Federal Holiday, all sources handle was up just 7% vs. opening day the year before. By way of contrast, all sources handle for last year's 2010 opening day card was down 21% when compared to the opening day card for 2009 - largely because of bad publicity resulting from news of the takeout increase masterminded by the TOC and the CHRB.What about the impact of the selective rebates allegedly offered to high-volume players through Xpressbet? Were they in effect at the time? Would that account for 7% or more of handle?

andymays
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
What about the impact of the selective rebates allegedly offered to high-volume players through Xpressbet? Were they in effect at the time? Would that account for 7% or more of handle?

Nobody knows.

Indulto
12-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Nobody knows.Is that the answer to each of the questions or only the last?

andymays
12-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Is that the answer to each of the questions or only the last?

As far as I know they were in effect at the time.

Indulto
12-29-2011, 05:24 PM
As far as I know they were in effect at the time.Not to diminish your insider contacts, but how might we ascertain that they are officially in place?

jelly
12-29-2011, 06:22 PM

Owners,trainers or NYRA members.Definitely not someone who cares about growing the sport.

PaceAdvantage
12-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Owners,trainers or NYRA members.Definitely not someone who cares about growing the sport.NYRA members? Give your head a shake... :lol:

Indulto
12-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Just visited the Xpressbet site:

http://www.xpressbet.com/XBSelect (http://www.xpressbet.com/XBSelect)

“Xpressbet’s Elite Players Rebating Program

XB SELECT is THE definitive rewards program for players who regularly wager at a significant level. It offers an exclusive array of ultra-premium products and services — featuring the highest preferential rebate rates available – all backed by the safety, security, reliability and financial stability of Xpressbet. Our roster of rewards is continually growing. And we are always enhancing our already superior, personalized service, which begins with a one-on-one, in-depth meeting between you and an Xpressbet representative. Call us today and ask for an XB SELECT VIP Manager to personally discuss how XB SELECT fits your wagering style, the many benefits available and to open an account.”

Apparently, even if you don't actually own a horse, you have to be able to bet like you can afford one to get any respect from the TOC and CHRB.

andymays
12-30-2011, 07:48 AM

I suspect that other than some of the current TOC Leadership who has voted that there’s nothing wrong with a 22.68% takeout on two horse bets, the rest of the voters simply checked the wrong box. :lol:

FenceBored
12-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Nobody knows.

This just in:
I take great offense at this scurrilous accusation. You shall hear from my lawyer.

Sincerely,
Harold P. Nobody

andymays
12-30-2011, 10:08 AM
This just in:
I take great offense at this scurrilous accusation. You shall hear from my lawyer.

Sincerely,
Harold P. Nobody

I guess were making "Nobody" and "Somebody" famous lately. :lol:

Tom
12-30-2011, 01:15 PM
You're nobody, until somebody loves you!
(sing)

andymays
12-30-2011, 01:39 PM
(sing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIAEAVKcKrs

FenceBored
12-30-2011, 01:46 PM
(sing)

:D Good one.