PDA

View Full Version : SoCal has some crappy handicappers

toussaud
12-28-2011, 11:19 AM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/santa-anita-nearly-150-000-pick-6-carryover-for-thursday-s-card/

I know Kessabtsi well enough to know that 1. even though she was 0 for 14 she had no business going off at 80 to 1. she had shown some run int he past. though she should have been a long shot, 80 to 1 is just way too high and in a pick 6,that was basically a pick 4 because of the factor and mr commons, no one went all or took a shot on a horse with no run? It's like everyone out there is just playing the exact same ticket.

Spalding No!
12-28-2011, 11:46 AM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/santa-anita-nearly-150-000-pick-6-carryover-for-thursday-s-card/

I know Kessabtsi well enough to know that 1. even though she was 0 for 14 she had no business going off at 80 to 1. she had shown some run int he past. though she should have been a long shot, 80 to 1 is just way too high and in a pick 6,that was basically a pick 4 because of the factor and mr commons, no one went all or took a shot on a horse with no run? It's like everyone out there is just playing the exact same ticket.

Actually, Kessabtsi was bet down.

In his previous start as a maiden against winners (11/05/11) which saw him finish dead last over the same course and distance, he was 134-1.

The lower price can be explained by the drop in class from allowance/optional claiming to NW2L starter allowance.

As bad as the SoCal 'cappers are, they probably at least knew that Kessabtsi was not a filly or a mare.

Also, how many people singled The Factor at 5-2 in the Malibu?

Fingal
12-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Also, how many people singled The Factor at 5-2 in the Malibu?

Not me as I took 4 in that race. There was a single on my late P4 ticket, but he wasn't it.

toussaud
12-28-2011, 12:39 PM
horse had too much back class to be 80 to 1. I mean I didn't have him, but I wasn't playing a pick 6 ticket. Had I played a pick 6 ticket he isn't one i would have left off

thaskalos
12-28-2011, 12:51 PM
horse had too much back class to be 80 to 1. I mean I didn't have him, but I wasn't playing a pick 6 ticket. Had I played a pick 6 ticket he isn't one i would have left off
If you didn't have him on the exotics tickets that you played...what makes you think that you would have included him in a pick-6 ticket?

One thing that I have learned by playing this game all these years, is that the winners are much more obvious, after the race is over.

Dahoss9698
12-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Back class? Is it possible to have back class when you're 0 for 15 with a second and third place finish in maiden claimers?

Spalding No!
12-28-2011, 01:02 PM
horse had too much back class to be 80 to 1.

By "back class", I sincerely hope you are referring to his penchant for finishing in the "back" of the field in the vast majority of his races.

Otherwise, I'm getting off here.

I mean I didn't have him, but I wasn't playing a pick 6 ticket. Had I played a pick 6 ticket he isn't one i would have left off

Fair enough. How much would an all-all-all-all-all-all ticket have cost on Monday?

Light
12-28-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't get it. The Paulick report says nothing about SoCal players being bad. Is your basis for saying this because an 80-1 shot won? Like there are no bombs at other tracks? And the money for the win pools comes from across the country, not just SoCal. For all you know,the odds may have increased from money coming in outside of SoCal. Your thread title is ridiculous.

JimG
12-28-2011, 01:14 PM
And here I thought he was bet down and should have gone off around 200-1.

Jim

BlueShoe
12-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Way back in '08 mentioned a buddy that liked to play a lone maiden racing against winners, and started a thread on the topic. Did not see him Monday, but hope he was there and got down on this bomb. If he did not go am not going to tell him, he has not been doing too well lately, and am not going to rub it in.
www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48544&page-1&pp-15 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48544&page-1&pp-15)

NTamm1215
12-28-2011, 03:49 PM

I'm confused...

Betting against the factor here, 2 bad efforts, going to have to beat me and show me he's back

I like Hoorayfohollowood at this distance and you will get a price.

A line like Kessabtsi having back class is terrific. You should use that as a signature moving forward so it's never forgotten. Bravo!

BetCrazyGirl
12-28-2011, 05:24 PM
I mean I didn't have him, but I wasn't playing a pick 6 ticket. Had I played a pick 6 ticket he isn't one i would have left off

Could of, would of, should of ... That's why he was 80-1 :D

Come on, if you're going to insult Southern Californian handicappers at least do it with a horse you had!

dansan
12-28-2011, 06:14 PM
toussaud you mean you didnt have the horse you must be from so. cal thats a piss poor excuse not having the 8 in the 4th because you didnt play the pix six come on you can do better than that