PDA

View Full Version : What Was the Most Incredible News Story of the Year?

boxcar
12-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Time to look back. What news-worthy story made you do a few of these :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ? Was there any story out there that truly insulted your intelligence? That brought to surface waves of incredulity? If so, what was the story and why?

For me the story that easily stood out was a relatively recent breaking one. Here its. The story that wins, hands down, the Fickled Finger of Fate Award:

EU bans claim that water can prevent dehydration

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8897662/EU-bans-claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html

It took the enlightened liberal brainiacs in the EU three years (and God knows how much money) to come up with this moronic idiocy. If this story doesn't prove that liberals live in a state of perpetual denial, then no story ever will.

But there is good news. It only took the EU a week to undo their three years of hard work. :rolleyes: About a week later, they came out with a statement claiming they never said what they said. :rolleyes:

EU Backtracks On 'Water Doesn't Hydrate' Ruling

Despite the claims of numerous apologists, revisionists and relativists who insist the EU commission did not say what it said, the European Commission has now retracted what it said they claimed they never said - water is allowed to claim to be good for you.

The European Food Standards Authority has now decided that there is sufficient evidence to prove that water can help regulate the body's temperature and help it carry out its normal physical and cognitive functions, which is the same thing without admitting they were goofy. The approval from the EFSA is expected to lead to a rubber-stamping from the EC which will allow companies to make both claims on their packaging in the future.

http://www.science20.com/cool-links/eu_backtracks_water_doesnt_hydrate_ruling-84943

And this is what this utterly stupid claim was originally all about. It was an attack on the corporations that bottle and sell water.

My prediction is that the U.S. will soon follow suit, perhaps outdoing our enlightened brethren in Europe, by making an even more stupid claim designed to reign in some evil corporation or industry. (Recall the banning of toys at McDonalds? So, there is U.S. precedent here.)

Boxcar
P.S. I betcha most of y'all thought I would post on some incredibly stupid Obama gaffe, didn't you? :D

BlueShoe
12-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Was there any story out there that truly insulted your intelligence? That brought to surface waves of incredulity? If so, what was the story and why?

P.S. I betcha most of y'all thought I would post on some incredibly stupid Obama gaffe, didn't you? :D
Okay, if you wont I will. When Obama said that he was the 4th best president in US history. :faint: :liar: :D Reason is self explanatory and in addition has been discussed in depth earlier.