PDA

View Full Version : TVG FREE site closing 12/31

SansuiSC
12-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Just got an email from them. I along with a few other friends I know use the site to test or try new systems and angles and use the records. It was fun while it lasted.
I don't know if anybody else used it for the same purpose or to just play for fun but it's history now. I know there were thousands of users and some on air talent would pimp it for people who live in states where they could not wager.

Dear TVG Free Account User,

We wanted you to be aware that as of December 31, 2011 TVGFree.net will no longer be available. The technology that supports the TVG Free site is not compatible with the latest technology of the new TVG.com site.

We appreciate your interest over the years and hope to develop a similar product in the future.

If you live in a TVG wagering state, click here to open a new account and enjoy live racing and wagering on over 150 tracks.

Sincerely,
TVG Customer Relations

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2011, 06:53 PM
This seems like a very lame excuse to me...I mean seriously...sounds like a simple programming project...

Make a copy of the real money interface and slap it on another page/server...if a user is entering bets on the real money site/server, put the wager in the pools...if wagering from the free page/server, don't put the wager into the pools because it's not real money...

Sound simple enough?

Yes, I know it's not THAT simple, but it can't be all that hard either...especially when you consider the fake money site is essentially a copy of the real money site minus the real money.

tbwinner
12-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Anything gonna happen to the TVG message boards? There sure are some characters there...

NJ Stinks
12-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Am I going to lose access to those free foreign PP's? (Can't sign up for a TVG account in NJ.)

SansuiSC
12-22-2011, 07:48 PM
This seems like a very lame excuse to me...I mean seriously...sounds like a simple programming project...

Make a copy of the real money interface and slap it on another page/server...if a user is entering bets on the real money site/server, put the wager in the pools...if wagering from the free page/server, don't put the wager into the pools because it's not real money...

Sound simple enough?

Yes, I know it's not THAT simple, but it can't be all that hard either...especially when you consider the fake money site is essentially a copy of the real money site minus the real money.

My initial thoughts exactly. Probably some sort of money saving issue if you ask me (one less thong to worry about).

They probably would have done better to use an ad supported site or integrated ads and probably came out ahead. They cant think that hard over there though it seems. :ThmbDown:

IdaBet.com
12-23-2011, 11:44 AM
As a smaller ADW, dedicated to personalized service and all cash daily rewards, we don't offer a play site at this time, but we will look into adding one as a result of their decision if the costs are not prohibitive.

If you have any suggestions what you might want in the play site, please let me know.

Though they are a competitor, I am sure the costs of daily cable TV programming and host track fees make it difficult to offer everything.

At Idabet.com, we try to concentrate on two areas to be the best...all cash rewards everyday and offering our players personalized service with the owners of the company. We find this is the magic formula for our players.

I'll update you as we examine if we can do a play site.

Happy holidays!

SansuiSC
12-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Idabet
You would attract thousands to the site once the word gets around. If a small amount open wagering accounts with you it's a win/win. Just make sure it on a different server than your main one, Wouldnt want to crash your ADW. You have about a week to look at TVG's model before they close the doors. Youbet.net had one as well then youbet.com became twinspires so they closed that one down a while ago. Notice the .com vs .net on both? It had to be tied into TVG's main site somehow because it did update every 60 seconds with exacta and DD probables and a late scratch showed up in the same timeframe etc. You could always leave that out, just a thought.

I costs nothing to create an account with TVGFree.net and they start you with a fictious $1000 and you can reload 3 or 4 times a day then you cant play for another 24 hrs.

It would be a great place to hold contests as well.

I don't know anything about programming or I would offer to help but I did use both sites so PM me if you have any questions you think I can answer.

Best of luck if decide to take on the project. You would have the only one on the planet and like I mentioned in an earlier post, if it's ad supported it can only help. :ThmbUp: